Exploring the Witcher 3

+
I've no idea how it works, I just use it. :D
Some console mods have it, others don't, so I'm guessing it's somewhat more complicated. A totally uneducated guess, though.

Split the post:

Oh, I found a very funny command:

Code:
xy(x, y)

It teleports Geralt to some coordinate starting somewhere very high up in the atmosphere, but looks like it only handles two directions. Not sure if there is anything for directly controlling the third.

I love the density and attention to detail. Turning off the map was the best thing I ever did.

Yep! Kudos to @Rawls for telling me about that option. It's crazy how much better I "learned the lay of the land" and started recognizing the look and feel of certain areas when I wasn't constantly looking at the map. It's a strange thing that happens in the brain.

Something I really miss is the Thief 1-3 "maps". Rather than accurate representations of any environment, the player simply got a rough charcoal sketch or old, hand-drawn building plans. Very few details were accounted for, accuracy was serviceable at best. There was no "player icon" to figure out where you were. There was no "minimap" on the gameplay screen. You had to study the map, look at your compass, observe your surroundings, and figure out where you must be. As the game was essentially stealth / treasure-hunting...it was both alluring and engrossing.

So, yeah! I really recommend players try TW3 with the minimap off, and give it a few hours. It completely changes the flavor of the game.

Yes, playing without the minimap makes the game loads better. I do have the ability to bring up the minimap when I want to and 3D quest markers in witcher sense mode (thanks, mods) so it's not completely disabled.

The world map is surprisingly good at showing you where to go and how to get there.

Definitely agree. Although the minimap is basically mandatory for some horse races, otherwise the game is much better without it.

Sounds like a good idea about turning off the minimap. I'll try that. One issue I have with regular map though - it's rather sluggish - there is a visible delay to bring it up. Something isn't well optimized there I suppose.

Hm, just found an unmarked merchant in Silverton, that sells empty bottles. Looks like local bottle scavenger type :)
Post automatically merged:

Found a house on Temple Isle where some kind of massacre occurred. Everyone inside is dead. Creepy.

Last edited:
Hm, just found an unmarked merchant in Silverton, that sells empty bottles. Looks like local bottle scavenger type :)

One of many, time-honored, celebrated Medieval traditions.

I noticed, some merchants are saying they are going to give me a discount (The Pellar, priest alchemist on Elector's square and etc.), but I don't see any change in their prices. Is it bugged?

Is it bugged?
I've wondered about this as well. I'm not sure, but the discount may simply be too slight to notice.

In general, I think the economy system fell short of what the Devs had intended, as it is rather imbalanced. There are merchants who charge more for items, and pay less when they buy, and this, in theory, was supposed to reflect of the availability of goods and the merchants' own wealth, but I've never bothered to track the differences too closely. My unscientific measurement for some merchants/smiths has usually been how much they'll pay for a pearl (valued at 100).

I sometimes see openings that aren't accessible.
In the cheese cave near the end you can see a window to light.
By free-caming, or since I can't do that, teleporting using xy() in the console, I found that it goes to a patch of grass.
The sun is just an illusion.
The Ice giant cave has one also but that leads out of bounds.

Top Bottom