Exploring the Witcher 3

+
Well, then these two (ones who stole horses, and Cerbin's camp), one where you can play Gwent (not far from Farcorners), and Vernossiel's one (close to Inn at the Crossroads in Velen). Four altogether.

Vernossiel though leaves with her scoia'tael, after you talk to her, and usually that camp has regular bandits after that.

Last edited:
Puffins performing in the street:

The Elven comedian who works as fire breather periodically doesn't control the fire well, and it almost engulfs his face.

Do you guys know the place that Geralt killed Orianna in the cinematic A night to remember on the game? I want see it

I didn't finish the game yet, but it as well might be just in that short film, i.e. not in the game. It was made before the game was really complete and in fact the character in it doesn't match Orianna very well (storytelling wise).

but we can agree that the things they say match the game maybe you don't see her quest... Sorry if spoiler :S and to me her appearance is really Orianna
Post automatically merged:

It would be interesting to have the location of that fight and with a skeleton reference on the ground in the same position she died

but we can agree that the things they say match the game maybe you don't see her quest... Sorry if spoiler :S and to me her appearance is really Orianna

From what I know, developers tried to retrofit the character post factum. So it's not a very good match.

About the trailer, I wrote some ideas on the wiki: https://witcher.gamepedia.com/A_Night_to_Remember

In my understanding, it fits much better a story, where Geralt took a contract which was actually wrong, and realized the mistake only in the end. See the quote from the authors of the actual short film, which highlights that point. Orianna in the game doesn't really fit that story well, developers just tried to connect her to that character.

Regarding whether she even died - it's not a given. Since she is likely a higher vampire, she didn't die.

Ooh interesting I thought that in the main menu Orianna was in the house too...
I read about Orianna here: https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Orianna

So we never will know about the destiny of Orianna :(
now I want to know what happened to her :c
Post automatically merged:

Nice similar places like in mainmenu.. this last pic is closest to being the same as in the main menu

Attachments

• 20190819162645_1.jpg
    20190819162645_1.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 20190819163546_1.jpg
    20190819163546_1.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 20190819164034_1.jpg
    20190819164034_1.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 20190819164510_1.jpg
    20190819164510_1.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I found an interesting area, hidden on the slope of the plateau that overlooks Pontar (near the nest of the royal wyvern from Phantom of the Trade Route contract).

Not sure yet what that is. Looks like some ancient ruin, with circular ledge carved into the mountain with cobblestone ornaments. It's pretty hard to notice, unless you try climb on the mountain from the river side (which I was doing for fun and saw that structure). But you can't get to it climbing up, you need to get down to it from the top of the plateau.

View from the top:

When entering the stone circle:

Looks like some kind of altar with some statues around it, probably to Melitele?

Magnificent view of the Pontar from there

I suppose it could be a part of some quest, or may be just one of those hidden ruins that are scattered around. Interesting to discover such places sometimes :)

UPDATE: There is also an entrance to the cave, which is actually connected to the cave where refugees were hiding from the wyvern, with another unmarked cave exit leading straight to the wyvern nest (I missed that cave entrance before).

UPDATE2: Yep, the statue looks like one of young Melitele in St. Lebioda's Hospital hospital in Vizima.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

I suppose it could be a part of some quest, or may be just one of those hidden ruins that are scattered around. Interesting to discover such places sometimes :)
It is a part of the main quest of HoS expansion, I won't say more other than there's a pretty memorable scene taking place right there.
And yeah, it certainly is very interesting to discover places like these by yourself, rather than being directed at them by the game.

Top Bottom