Exploring the Witcher 3

+
Why does Hattori's workshop only has the grindstone, but not the armorer's table? For some reason, the only location in Novigrad that has both that I found, is blacksmith in Silverton.
Post automatically merged:

A beautiful location (quite far North East East from Novigrad) - small creek with a waterfall:

Last edited:
An interesiting small in-game behavior I just discovered. If you use Axii on some wild animals like a doe, they'll follow you like a pet, for the duration of the sign being active:

Works on domestic animals too, like cows and even cats. Here are Julia's cats not hissing at Geralt, but following instead :)

Last edited:
By the way, does bleeding effect on Cat school swords stack with added Devana runes that add bleeding effect, or one replaces another?

By the way, does bleeding effect on Cat school swords stack with added Devana runes that add bleeding effect, or one replaces another?
They stack. Same with adding Morana runestones to swords that have poisoning chance, Dazhbog to swords with burning damage, etc. I like doing just that to have a greater chance of a single effect rather than multiple low-chance effects.

What doesn't stack, afaik (never tested myself because I almost always have some bleeding runes), is the last fast attack skill that adds bleeding damage.

What doesn't stack, afaik (never tested myself because I almost always have some bleeding runes), is the last fast attack skill that adds bleeding damage.

You mean Crippling Strikes? Does that skill replace whatever you have from the runes and sword effects, or max value wins? And what is generally a better way, runes or that skill maxed?

Is there some mod that can filter quests from the list by name or location? Finding completed quests is almost impossible in that chaotic pile.

Last edited:
You mean Crippling Strikes? Does that skill replace whatever you have from the runes and sword effects, or max value wins? And what is generally a better way, runes or that skill maxed?
That one. yes. Would have to look it up to be sure, but I think I remember seeing people say it overwrites all bleeding effects your swords may have -- AND is a flat amount of damage that's lower than what sword effects can give. But don't take this as the exact truth as I last read about in... 2016, I think.

Is there some mod that can filter quests from the list by name or location? Finding completed quests is almost impossible in that chaotic pile.
You can get Sort Everything, which, among other things, has options for:
Capture.PNG

I've been using it for ages and it's amazing.

That's the only one I know of, but I'm not exactly keeping up with the modding scene so there may be something else available these days as well.

Just finished High Stakes quest. Surprising that Sasha (aka Cantarella / Carthia van Canten) didn't get an entry in the characters list.

Is she the one mentioned in various Notes left by spy, or that 's someone else?

I wonder if there is a way to get on top of that mountain peak near Kaer Trolde fortress. Trying to climb up there from the smithy area didn't work so far.

Guest 3847602

As far as as I know, that area can be visited only during one short segment of the main quest.
race with Cerys
Even then, it's optional.

Guest 3847602

Yeah, TW3 does some weird things with temporarily accessible areas. There's one more related to Cerys that can be so annoying if you're completionist, but I won't spoil it for you.

When you go and find Triss in Novigrad, there's graffiti around her house. I tried to make sense of it, I think it says something along the lines of "Sorceress[sic] are whores" :LOL: (though it's rather obscured with overgrown ivy and all and I can't say for sure)

When you go and find Triss in Novigrad, there's graffiti around her house. I tried to make sense of it, I think it says something along the lines of "Sorceress[sic] are whores" :LOL: (though it's rather obscured with overgrown ivy and all and I can't say for sure)

Yes, it does indeed. I first found that graffiti in Velen, in a weird upside down and mirrored fashion. You can find some details in this thread:

I also started posting deciphered texts on the Wiki page, but got a bit behind. I should get back to it :)

Yes, it does indeed. I first found that graffiti in Velen, in a weird upside down and mirrored fashion. You can find some details in this thread:

I also started posting deciphered texts on the Wiki page, but got a bit behind. I should get back to it :)

Thanks for linking, that's awesome :D

Heh, I found an interesting place in Skellige mountains (across the strait, hovering above Kaer Trolde keep), where there you can slide back and forth on the walls snowboard style, without pressing anything, and it just goes on and on :)

Exploring the mountains across Kaer Trolde (you can actually get to the peak):

On the way up:

The smaller peak:

Another peak on the way up:

The highest peak:

Last edited:
"Snowboarding" is one of my Geralt's favourite things to do in Skellige. Especially those "half-pipes" and other spots that keep the slide going even if no keys are pressed. Can be treacherous though, especially when it's somewhere high up a mountain... one mistake and you're dead or heading towards a death waiting further down.

Trying to get to the mountain peak that hovers above the ruins of Fort Etnir

That's pretty tricky, especially approaching from the side of the fort.

Small sub-peak on the way up:

Next one (you can see it in the previous picture as higher up):

Getting closer to another sub-peak:

After reaching it:

view back:

Now to the top of the mountain:

Reaching the peak and... what?

View back to the fort:

The ship has some alchemical equipment. May be it's the result of some experiment gone bad?

The opposite slope of the mountain is much easier to traverse. I suspect it was intended as the way to get up there.

Last edited:
That is the location for a rather important side quest, depending on the player's choice. If you've done that you'll recognise the ship right away. Otherwise, I shan't spoil it for you.

@ooodrin: I figured out a way to get to the peak above Kaer Trolde fortress (which you get to during the race with Cerys). It's not that hard. You need to start climbing a bit in the distance. I'll post some screenshots.

Start from the place where you can see the boat on the map (south south west from the cursor), and climb up, until reaching the fortress edge:

You'll find the fortress area which can't be reached otherwise:

From there, you can find path up (there are some invisible walls near it):

Continue going up, and you'll get to the axe area from the race:

That's not all though. You can get to the top of the peak:

Birds flying above it in a circle:

View down to the fortress and the sea:

Last edited:
Top Bottom