Explosive Objects Question

+
The EOQ!

Short fuse Question.. are there red oil drums we can shoot at that then explode? i hope not. bcz it is to simple for us :)

How do you like it?
I like to be surprised that when i walk in a tunnel and some one shoots at me.. but miss hits a few pipes and the whole tunnel become unbreatable and one spark is BOOM!!
or water... or What do you like??

Red barrels or 'secret' explosives?

Why do so many people seem to expect CP2077 to incorporate bad/lame shooter elements/tropes?

No ... wait ... I know why ... many people think CP2077 is going to be just another dime-a-dozen shooter with a few RPG elements tacked on.

I REALLY hope they're wrong.

Last edited:
Why do so many people expect CP2077 to incorporate so many bad/lame shooter elements/tropes?

No ... wait ... I know why ... many people think CP2077 is going to be just another dime-a-dozen shooter with a few RPG elements tacked on.

I REALLY hope you're wrong.
People are just waiting for CDPR to prove them wrong....

I think it might be possible in some areas. We seen how some walls are destructible in the 2018 E3 demo.

Why do so many people expect CP2077 to incorporate so many bad/lame shooter elements/tropes?

I don't see how an interactive environment is bad/lame in an action shooter. Some of the best FPS games have this. I hope this game is one of them.

I don't see how an interactive environment is bad/lame in an action shooter. Some of the best FPS games have this. I hope this game is one of them.
Having spent 20 years in the military I never once saw anyone leave explosive barrels laying around. In fact unless you used incendiary ammo all you do when you shoot holes in a barrel of petrol is empty the barrel. You can shoot plastic explosives all day, and all you get is swiss cheese.

Yes, bad/lame action trope.

Having spent 20 years in the military I never once saw anyone leave explosive barrels laying around. In fact unless you used incendiary ammo all you do when you shoot holes in a barrel of petrol is empty the barrel.

Yes, bad/lame action trope.

Having spent time playing some of the best FPS games ever made like Halo for example, I have seen plenty.

Edit: I would agree with you if CP2077 was a Military sim, but it's not.

I really hope that things are as close to reality in terms of weapons.

Most things do not blow up because they are shot. Unless it is Tannerite.:oops:
If we can get our hands on some Tannerite in 2077 then that would be crazy...(go watch videos)...if we could actually come across a barrel of Tannerite and shoot that then expect your character and everyone around to get hurt.

I've never tried shooting at a barrel of gas, but if a spark isn't made then nothing will happen and like @Suhiira said not many people would just leave explosive stuff in barrels lying around.
I would really like to know what is in the exploding cans in games...:think:

Shooting things, especially cars, and having them always blow up is Hollywood crap. I have shot a vehicle with 7.62 rounds repeatedly while it was running and nothing happened, but a slow car death. Not to say it could produce some problems and start some fire, but most explosions happen because there is an accelerant (like gas) and fire/spark that occurs within a constrictive area that doesn't give the explosion any other choice but to be big and violent.

I am hoping for all sorts of explody things, but I really hope they are in the realm of reality.
Post automatically merged:

Also. This.

Last edited:
Why do so many people seem to expect CP2077 to incorporate bad/lame shooter elements/tropes?

I REALLY hope they're wrong.
Nah you dont know. Bcz you dont know me.

We saw a smart rifle with homing rounds and a ricochet pistol. Right off the bat they wanted to show us how unrealistic the weapons were lol
Absolutely correct!

And I'm on record here opposing both.

And this is EXACTLY why I fear CP2077 being more of a shooter then an RPG. The entire combat system is based on FPS (player skill) and standard shooter video game tropes. Character skills are a minor factor, at best. This changes the fundamental nature of the game away from being an RPG because it's player not character centric.

We, the player, will make choices during the game. This has always been true in RPGs, but the success or failure of those decisions is based on character stats/skills in an RPG, not so in CP2077 because there are apparently no social interaction (persuade, seduce, etc.) skills.

Sorry guys, CP2077 is not an RPG. It may, probably will, be a great game, but it's not an RPG.

Last edited:
Absolutely correct!

And this is EXACTLY why I fear CP2077 being more of a shooter then an RPG. The entire combat system is based on FPS (player skill) and standard shooter video game tropes. Character skills are a minor factor, at best. This changes the fundamental nature of the game away from being an RPG because it's player not character centric.

We, the player, will make choices during the game. This has always been true in RPGs, but the success or failure of those decisions is based on character stats/skills in an RPG, not so in CP2077 because there are apparently no social interaction (persuade, seduce, etc.) skills.

Sorry guys, CP2077 is not an RPG. It may, probably will, be a great game, but it's not an RPG.
I agree it is not a turn based rpg but it is a rpg shooter.

But i do t care much for what box people what to put this game in. Even if it is a new box with a rainbow coloured ribbon around it.

All i know is that this is most likely the game i wanted to play for longer that 20 years!

We saw a smart rifle with homing rounds and a ricochet pistol. Right off the bat they wanted to show us how unrealistic the weapons were lol
I'm actually in love with this, because it's unrealistic, but fits within the realism of what the technology is supposed to be like in CyberPunk2077. So it feels realistic, and kind of feels like it's possible if we waited until it was actually 2077. Go watch boston dynamic youtube videos and you will wonder "what do they actually have already?" It's really cool :D

I'm actually in love with this, because it's unrealistic, but fits within the realism of what the technology is supposed to be like in CyberPunk2077. So it feels realistic, and kind of feels like it's possible if we waited until it was actually 2077. Go watch boston dynamic youtube videos and you will wonder "what do they actually have already?" It's really cool :D

I may want things to be as realistic as they can be, but that is based on what I already know from this world and time period. Some weapons already being designed, and maybe implemented, are way more crazier than what most people think about when they hear the word "gun" or "bullet". I am glad the design of weapons for 2077 is steering clear of being stuck in this time period trap. We are still going to see revolvers and weapons that are familiar though.

I'm just hoping they get the explody things right.

Everyone likes explody things...unless...you are the explody thing...then..not so much.

I may want things to be as realistic as they can be, but that is based on what I already know from this world and time period. Some weapons already being designed, and maybe implemented, are way more crazier than what most people think about when they hear the word "gun" or "bullet". I am glad the design of weapons for 2077 is steering clear of being stuck in this time period trap. We are still going to see revolvers and weapons that are familiar though.

I'm just hoping they get the explody things right.

Everyone likes explody things...unless...you are the explody thing...then..not so much.
Yea I know what you mean right? I like that Cyberpunk2077 isn't afraid to just throw in a ton of random (but stylishly well matched) technology and weapons into the game just because "They're Cool". I love the mantis blades, but I'm thinking I might go with the katana that can deflect bullets with it's own electromagnetic field, while holding a very good pistol in the opposite hand if V is able to dual wield. Katana is both the sword and shield, while pistol is like the long ranged attack. I'm going to do all these cool acrobatic stunts and flips and backflips and power-slides/knee slides and slice bad guys in slow motion while I slide past them and end up behind the other bad guy and *SNAP* and use the dead bad guy as a shield and reach up like POW POW POW and get the other bad guy that was about to get me, backflip over the guy that's about to stab me in the back and then stab him in the back. Woooo I can't wait! :D

I've been wondering when the/a katana is going to be available to us. Can it be bought? is it a found item? Or is it perhaps a close to the end of the game weapon? End of the game playthrough reward?

What I'm really trying to say is that I want one, or five, as well...

I'm hoping it's one of those rare items that when you see on someone your jelly face suddenly appears. There may not be that many in the game, so everyone in NC wants one. At least the most badass version that defects bullets.

I can see it being a boss drop from someone at Arasaka. I'm actually more excited to get a katana then any other weapon.

I've been wondering when the/a katana is going to be available to us. Can it be bought? is it a found item? Or is it perhaps a close to the end of the game weapon? End of the game playthrough reward?

What I'm really trying to say is that I want one, or five, as well...

I'm hoping it's one of those rare items that when you see on someone your jelly face suddenly appears. There may not be that many in the game, so everyone in NC wants one. At least the most badass version that defects bullets.

I can see it being a boss drop from someone at Arasaka. I'm actually more excited to get a katana then any other weapon.
I just hope it's not an absolute pain in the butt to unlock it or get the item, and I hope it's not quest locked or able to be blacklisted from the player just because they make certain choices. I don't mind a good huge challenge to get it, but I hope it's something that I can actually achieve without other things being ruined for me. :)

I think this could be neatly tied into hacking- level up the right abilities or carry the right viruses, and maybe you can hack into explosive units or trigger terminals that would give off electric sparks and damage nearby enemies.

I mean... there are things that aren't explosive barrels that can explode. Or at least some games made them exploding. Maybe we can shoot car's gas tank and it will explode. Maybe we will be able to shoot into the grenades that enemy has on his vest. Maybe there will be some canisters with oil you can shoot and they will burn.

I agree with majority here. Unrealistic guns? It's Cyberpunk universe in 2077. No one was complaining when Witcher can use basic magic signs. Oh, it's fantasy so it's ok.

And that it's not RPG? 100% is. Major features are RPG elements. Dialog options, character customization visually and statistically. Choosing how you solve an issues and which one you want to solve or objectives, quests. Stats there, here, stats everywhere. First person shooting? No one is making you to shoot. They said you can play non-lethaly. Maybe you can go through the game without using any gun.

I think this could be neatly tied into hacking- level up the right abilities or carry the right viruses, and maybe you can hack into explosive units or trigger terminals that would give off electric sparks and damage nearby enemies.
I mean... there are things that aren't explosive barrels that can explode. Or at least some games made them exploding. Maybe we can shoot car's gas tank and it will explode. Maybe we will be able to shoot into the grenades that enemy has on his vest. Maybe there will be some canisters with oil you can shoot and they will burn.

I agree with majority here. Unrealistic guns? It's Cyberpunk universe in 2077. No one was complaining when Witcher can use basic magic signs. Oh, it's fantasy so it's ok.

And that it's not RPG? 100% is. Major features are RPG elements. Dialog options, character customization visually and statistically. Choosing how you solve an issues and which one you want to solve or objectives, quests. Stats there, here, stats everywhere. First person shooting? No one is making you to shoot. They said you can play non-lethaly. Maybe you can go through the game without using any gun.
Both good points :D
Post automatically merged:

Absolutely correct!

But... you don't have to shoot anyone. CDPR said you can have non-lethal playthroughs. It's just an optional game mechanic that you can choose to not use, and play the game a different way. (I'm really looking forward to it to be quite honest)

Last edited:
Top Bottom