Exporter 3D MAX 9 models to D'Jinni

+
Exporter 3D MAX 9 models to D'Jinni

Want to export 3D Max 9 models to D'Jinny easily? Visit our site for exporter module. This is official tool which unfortunately can't be find in D'Jinni archive.http://witcher.net.ru/modules.php?name=News&file=view&sid=613

Was anyone tried to create a new areas in 3DS max?Was anyone tried to using all features of exporter ???Was anyone tried to do anything ??????Previously I was created custom content for NWN1 and NWN2, and have a lot of experience. But now, I was created location for Witcher, and have a lot of bugs and questions ='(

Areas - no. All features - no. Anything - definitely yes, our competition entry features several new models, including custom animations for them. Why?

Deception has a completely custom area for the Town of Carreas, and we are in the process of building a custom Arena and Underground area for the Arena mod.

Carreas is a great area but, could not someone create a area without walls, cave entries, trees and houses and some house, tree and a cave entry placeables? So we could create a more unique area and our mods could take place in landscapes, that are not in the game.

Any word if CD Project is going to release their version of 3DS Max exporter? I get the idea that the one available is not "official" shall we say. I am active in the original NeverWinter Nights modding community and would like to do some work for / with the Witcher. I am very excited about the enhanced edition coming out tomorrow in the USA. I imagine with these enhancements so was the toolset... so anything about 3dsMax importer / exporter? BTW - Has anyone checked out exporting Vue http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_6_xstream/ area's? Even just the basic terrain and then working from that assest would be a big jump.

That Vue 6 xStream is a professional program for 3D artists, I think what Nayava means is more something like the NWN Toolset, where you can place those things without having professional skills on making your own scenery with a prof-program.So, I agree with Nayava. I haven't those 3D skills, but I want to make mods, that have individual landscapes and stuff in it.So it is necessary for us non-3D-talented modders, if someone could make this. I would highly appreciate this. :)

@NayAvaCarreas is a great area but, could not someone create a area without walls, cave entries, trees and houses and some house, tree and a cave entry placeables? So we could create a more unique area and our mods could take place in landscapes, that are not in the game.
Ya, that would be verrrry nice. A few tilesets you can modify with new placeables. Is it possible to import Placables from NWN 1 or 2?

I think that would be a cool idea, but afaik, they revamped Aurora for that purpose, so artists could create their own worlds without resorting to generic tilesets.

I'm having some trouble with this. I selected Aurora Material in the Material Editor, but no textures are available, besides the 3ds standard ones. Am I missing something?

I would like to extract player model from the game ... modify it ... and import back to the game. How can i do that ?

Work is being done right now to attempt to accomplish this feat.Tools being used:RPG Explorer (my own creation) to extract game resources, although BifRip would probably be better suited for mass extraction (provided it will work with Enhanced Edition). My RPG Explorer will allow you to extract only the files you want, provided you know what files you want. BifRip is, like I stated earlier a mass extraction tool. If you don't know the files you want to extract, BifRip is the better choice.twMax (my own creation) to import the mdl files into 3DSMax. This is only an importer. It was not made to work in conjunction with the exporter, so quite a few things will need to be done before you can export your model.And eventually CDPR's exporter which you can find on the Witcher Wiki.As things progress I will try to update this thread with a "How-To" guide. :pMDA

... thx 4 reply ... i have used the UnBIF1.0 for files extraction ... and I wanted to convert *.MDL files into ASCII format ... since all mine pre-made new armors meshes for Geralt were made in Milkshape3d (or maybe try to use msMDLimporter) ... than i found twMax ... think i can merge them as well in 3DSMax ... 2 things i would like to ask: first one is a silly question - after extraction i don't see any *MDL files in mine _meshes00 directory ... where are they ? And the second question - is Witcher *.MDL format is different than NWN *.MDL format ?

mutemachine said:
... thx 4 reply ... i have used the UnBIF1.0 for files extraction ... and I wanted to convert *.MDL files into ASCII format ... since all mine pre-made new armors meshes for Geralt were made in Milkshape3d (or maybe try to use msMDLimporter) ... than i found twMax ... think i can merge them as well in 3DSMax ... 2 things i would like to ask: first one is a silly question - after extraction i don't see any *MDL files in mine _meshes00 directory ... where are they ? And the second question - is Witcher *.MDL format is different than NWN *.MDL format ?
I have started on an ascii converter, but its tough to finish when you are guessing at the nomenclature and have very little time to perform countless trial and error tests. That is why I stuck strictly with working inside the MDB format while scripting twMax. I still don't have all the pieces of the puzzle, but I think I'm a lot farther ahead than I would have been on the ascii converter.You won't find any MDL files in the Witcher bifs. What you will find are MDB files. These are the compiled (binary) model files. If I remember correctly, and forgive me because it has been a long time since I have used the exporter, the exporter will produce an MDL file, which is the ascii representation of the model. Once you place your model in game, you may or may not find an accompanying MDB model file. Depends on how the game engine and D'jinni now treat the MDL file. It was a long time ago, that when placing an MDL file into an area using D'jinni, if it was a new model it would compile the model file and leave a hard copy in the same directory. It may now be handled differently so that the game engine compiles them as needed (much like NWN).Yes, Witcher format is different from NWN format. Not extremely different, but different nonetheless.MDA

... i have made 1 or 2 models for the first NWN ... long time ago... i remember mdl=models and dds=textures ... but i do not recall working with mdb ... maybe i worked on already extracted files ... anyway ... before i read your reply i tried MDB export/import tool (mdb2obj ... which was not a good idea since obj format do not support skeleton data and few other things) ... just to find out that Witcher model format is actually different than NWN2 format ... thx for confirmation ... ;)But still im not sure i understand how do i extract/decompile mdb into mdl (which i could import to 3dsmax with your twMax). ???

mutemachine said:
... i have made 1 or 2 models for the first NWN ... long time ago... i remember mdl=models and dds=textures ... but i do not recall working with mdb ... maybe i worked on already extracted files ... anyway ... before i read your reply i tried MDB export/import tool (mdb2obj ... which was not a good idea since obj format do not support skeleton data and few other things) ... just to find out that Witcher model format is actually different than NWN2 format ... thx for confirmation ... ;)But still im not sure i understand how do i extract/decompile mdb into mdl (which i could import to 3dsmax with your twMax). ???
There are no MDB files in NWN. NWN2 MDB files are totally different from Witcher MDB files.Having said that, let's forget about NWN1/2 for now.twMax uses the MDB file, no need to convert it to any other format. Keep in mind some MDB files are what is called a composite model file. twMax will not yet import these. If you receive an error stating the model could not be imported, try looking for another similarly named MDB file (probably the first two letters of the filename will change).HTH,MDA

:teeth:... right ... if i read more careful i would notice that the tool name is actually twMax v1.2.3.2 -- mdb Importer for 3DSMax ... :wall: ... anyway ... thx 4 your help ... importer works great ... and mine work is already in motion (already import some files … without any problems)... great job with the tool ...

I can confirm this, too: TwMax is a great tool. But after having imported a *.mdb like "cm_golem1.mdb" or "cm_witch3.mdb" and exporting it back to Djinni/TheWitcher I got an additional "shadow model"!? http://upload.worldofplayers.de/files3/golem1 mit Schatten.JPGAnd before I start texturing I would like to know what's the problem with Geralt (witch3), too. http://www.pic-upload.de/view-6664256/Geralt-seltsam.jpg.htmlIs it my fault, is this a problem of twMax or is it caused by the CD PR exporter?Anyone on the road here who could answer this? :)edit: ok, with a littel help from Michael DA I got it working with the textures http://www.pic-upload.de/view-6664268/cm_witch3_back.jpg.html.

Top Bottom