Exporting models

+
Exporting models

Im trying to export with the given plugins following the first exporter tutorial on the witcher wiki but I just end up with an model thats completely black :-\ help please.*My model is linked to the aurabase(child of it)*It uses default settings in the aurabase.*the aurabase was placed in topview.*the textures and mdl file is placed in the mesh folder.What have I done wrong ?

check this thread: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=18028.0there's similar problem explainedyour model doesnt see the texture. and try placing files in data/override/ folder

How are they referenced in the MDL file? Like this:? bitmap blablasomethingor like this:? materialdesc shader someshader materialdesc texture tex blablatexture ...Please paste the appropriate lines for further inquiry :)-- Sinus

Like I thought - you didn't use the special material the exporter uses (perhaps you just used standard 3ds builtin materials?), so it didn't know what material to assign to the object. Look: bitmap _shader_ texture1The "_shader_" is a placeholder here, I guess. It needs to be changed into "bitmap blabla.dds" for the object to have very simple texturing. For advanced normalmapped texturing, you'll need the normalmap shader. In that case, remove both the 'bitmap' and 'texture' lines, and use this: materialdesc shader normalmap materialdesc texture tex your_texture_here.dds materialdesc bumpmap normalmap your_normalmap_here.dds (in this case remember that the alpha channel of the normal map controls the specularity of the object).-- Sinus

I used the later method you gave me to this materialdesc shader normalmap materialdesc texture tex simpelbox.dds - diffuse texture (DTX5) materialdesc bumpmap normalmap simpelbox_n.dds - using the normal map tool from nvida (DTX5)both textures are 1024X1024now I get this error Unable to find Appearance ''WARN: Couldnt load texture simpelbox.dds, using default oneWARN: Couldnt load texture simpelbox_n.dds, using default oneUnable to find Appearance ''And I have tried moving the files around to like override and meshes and such . no luck

All right, it seems that I've erred. Try without .dds - that is, materialdesc shader normalmap materialdesc texture tex simpelbox materialdesc bumpmap normalmap simpelbox_n-- Sinus

Top Bottom