Express yourself

+
gamewidow said:
I hear you on the economics Vindici! -- i have a degree in it and i ABHOR it :)
So why? Why study something you dislike?OK, come clean: my fist degree is (mainly) in conflict studies. I hate conflict, but I'm fascinated by the social need for it.

SimonBrooke said:
So why? Why study something you dislike?OK, come clean: my fist degree is (mainly) in conflict studies. I hate conflict, but I'm fascinated by the social need for it.
But that's different, isn't it? You don't say that you hated the study of conflict; you hate the experience of conflict. One studies things one hates to put an end to them or at least to attenuate them or manage them better; I used to study prejudice for the exact same reason. But I don't think we'll put an end to having an economy, and if anybody can actually manage the damned thing, they haven't been able to prove it by me!

the reason i stuck with a degree that i hated (and believe me, hate hardly begins to describe the disdain i feel for the subject) is that i could not afford to pay for EXTRA years of university at the time. So i plugged on and finished, swearing to never ever do anything with economics again :)

Well, it's like an apple. You won't find out its taste till you take a bite. So I did, but university is not that kind of apple one could throw away easily. I also was attracted by 'deep study of foreign languages', but it turned out to be rather shallow. Not that I can't hold on two more years. I'm just tired of hearing about money in the university and in the streets and literally everywhere. A supreme worldwide religion it is.

What exactly was the topic of this thread?

The next off topic poster will get a warning, regardless of who posts it. You can acknowledge reading this via PM and keep your off topic conversations there. Keep this topic clean and for its original purpose only.

# Firstname in RL : Brandy# Birthday : 11 Feb 1986# Family status : Single# job / education / school: Staff Writer / PR Associate at GrrlGamer.com (work with Didi510)# dream job: Same thing I do now, only with a paycheck attached, hehe.# Hobbies: Gaming, photography, traveling, shopping, adding to various collections# Things you hate in RL: People who go through a "20 items or less" checkout lane with a cart full of crap... And other things that are just as mundane.# If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: A hose...I have no idea why.# Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): Joe Flanigan! *swoon*# If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: Help my mom pay off her house - sister too. New car...house, the works. Clear out my Amazon wishlist too.# Why do you love The Witcher: Because Didi510 brainwashed me into loving it... Oh wait, did I say that out loud? I meant cause Geralt's awesome... yeah, that's it.# Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Geralt# If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: A striga, cause they're awesome too.

• Firstname in RL : Nina
  • Birthday : 18th March 1985
  • Family status : happily married, no kids
  • job / education / school: graphic designer
  • dream job: bed tester ;D
  • Hobbies: my job, my husband, reading good books (mostly sci-fi, with Witcher beginning to like fantasy, too)
  • Things you hate in RL: MONDAY MORNINGS!!!!
  • If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: A trimmer I guess... I like to make things look better ;D
  • Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): Peter Gabriel (I adooooooore him)
  • If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: Travel a lot, cause I never been anywhere abroad
  • Why do you love The Witcher: Cause it is the first think (not counting my husband) I saw for the first time and said to myself: YES, THIS IS IT!!!
  • Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Geralt and Dandelion
  • If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: a Wyvern, cause she can fly..

# Firstname in RL : Vitor# Birthday : June, 1976.# Family status : living with girlfriend (5 years)# job / education / school: Unemployed right now, waiting next year to start looking for a job. I'm a litigation lawyer.# dream job: Owner of a plant/gardening shop in the country or RPG game translator (English-Portuguese)# Hobbies: Gaming, treking, brazilian jiu-jitsu, wine tasting, tattoos, reading and cooking for my girl.# Things you hate in RL: Selfish people.# If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: What kind of question is that? Sorry, I have no idea.# Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): Bernard Cornwell.# If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: By a small country house, a pick-up truck and save some for my retirement.# Why do you love The Witcher: It's one of the best PC games I've ever played. # Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Geralt and The Resolute Girl (excellent lines).# If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: A Drowned Dead. There must be nothing like running naked on a smelly swamp :teeth:

# Firstname in RL : Karina# Birthday : 20th Feb 1985# Family status : bride ;)# job / education / school: graphic designer# dream job: concept artist# Hobbies: art, gaming, reading, rock music, rpg, fantasy etc# Things you hate in RL: people who don't keep promises, cruel relation to the animals# If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: I have no idea..)# Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): Geralt of Eskel ::)# If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: mmm..buy little island, travel around a world, make some business and enjoy the life with my family)# Why do you love The Witcher: Because It`s one of the best books ang games I`ve ever reading and playing. World and Geralt - just perfect# Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Geralt and Dandelion# If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: Bruxsa, cause I like walking naked at night and drive men crazy ;D ;D ;D

# Firstname in RL : Michał# Birthday : 1.12.91# Family status : single :angel:# job / education / school: still in school# dream job: soldier (and I'm going to be)# Hobbies: kick-boxing (k-1 rules), reading books, military stuff# Things you hate in RL: drugs, cigarets, techno and some other things that I better left untold# If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: I don't know, it's such a hard to choose :teeth:# Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): James Hetfield# If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: buy oldschool car or motorbike and ride away# Why do you love The Witcher: because of great plot and because I hate games which have simle rules like - good things, bad things (no lesser evil or something like that)# Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Geralt, Zoltan# If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: I have no idea

# Firstname in RL : Paul# Birthday : 14.06.1985# Family status : bachelor# job / education / school: studying journalism ang psychology# dream job: dialog writer# Hobbies: art critic, taking care od handicapped kids# Things you hate in RL: alcohol, drugs, damb sport fans, religion# If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: pitchfork of course!# Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): Jacek Dukaj, Alan Moor, Neil Gaiman# If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: Buy a Lionhead Studios, make a Fabel III, and donate the rest to kindergarten# Why do you love The Witcher: becouse of great dialogs# Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Talar, Magister# If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: without a doubt, cocatrice!

Name: KasperBirthday: 25.04.1994Family status: singleSchool: Grammar SchoolDream job: I don't know. I want to earn much money. Job must be good.Hobbies: sport, compiter games, movies, booksThings you hate in RL: drugs, alcohol, cigarettesIf you were a gardening tool, which one and why:I don't know.Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): many people, I can't choose one.If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: Relax. Live with happiness, live happily.Why do you love The Witcher: because of all !!! Because of those hours, when Ihave sat and I have played the Witcher.Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Triss, Zoltan ChivayIf you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: Wyvern

Firstname in RL: Lucyfer.Birthday: At the beginingFamily status: married :)job / education / school: Eons of knowledgedream job: GodHobbies: People, human nature, playing games, thinking, with life intoxicating...Things you hate in RL: I do not hate, I am hate.If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: Shovel, when it comes to push...Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): Eventually I'll meet allIf you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: Multiply itWhy do you love The Witcher: Supreme example there is no good, no evil, just shades of grayIf you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: The arch enemy maybe? But it gets so boring over time

# Firstname in RL : Daniel# Birthday : 20.07.89# Family status : Single# job / education / school: Highschool graduate, Combat Soldier# dream job: Police Detective, Musician, Actor, Writer, Illustrator (Aye, I know that's alot :) )# Hobbies: Music, Reading, Writing, Illustration, Film, Boxing, Fitness, Graphic Novels# Things you hate in RL: Racism, Ignorance, Hypocracy, Arrogance, Lack of honour and respect, Cruelty# If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: Pickaxe, Taking out the weeds!# Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): Russell Crowe, Ray Winstone, Brendan Gleeson... The list goes ever on...!# If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: Travel europe with the absolute bear neccesities, Having many great adventures. Finally, settle down on a piece of land in Ireland, Building a farm and spending the rest of my days there.# Why do you love The Witcher: Firstly, It is an engrossing universe with incredibly deep characters and a fascinating narrative. Secondly, It tackles and handles issues I am very sensitive to in a very beloved format without making it too obvious or cheesy.# Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Geralt and Eskel (Zoltan edged in close)# If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: A Werewolf, Because I've got some Wolf in me ;)

Top Bottom