Extremely high draw rate on Imperial Golem?

+
Extremely high draw rate on Imperial Golem?

I've recently started playing a spy nilfgaard deck with golems and it seems like the draw rate in opening hands is really high. In a 28 card deck before mulligans I drew golems 13/15 games. 4/15 games I got all three golems in my opening hand, 4/15 I got two, and 5/15 I got one. It's obviously a pretty small sample size, but still seemed unusually high, especially for drawing multiple golems.

MooshieMooshie;n8731070 said:
s like the draw rate in opening hands is really high. In a 28 card deck before mulligans I drew golems 13/15 games. 4/15 games I got all three golems in my opening hand, 4/15 I got two, and 5/15 I got one. It's obviously a pretty small sample size, but still seemed unusually high, especially for drawing multiple golems.

Proportions for one or two golems seem fine. Having 4/15 draws with three golems seems extremely unlucky, but still possible (there is about 4% probability each game). I run 25 cards NG deck with golems and have seen 3 golems just once (for 30ish games I guess, haven't counted tbh).

MooshieMooshie;n8731070 said:
I've recently started playing a spy nilfgaard deck with golems and it seems like the draw rate in opening hands is really high. In a 28 card deck before mulligans I drew golems 13/15 games. 4/15 games I got all three golems in my opening hand, 4/15 I got two, and 5/15 I got one. It's obviously a pretty small sample size, but still seemed unusually high, especially for drawing multiple golems.

Till today I was running a deck with 3 golems but I am seriously considering to remove them because they are in my hand each game. That 9 power string is not worth my precious mulligan.

kaalev

Forum regular
This thread just sounds silly, considering how much control NG has over their and their opponent's deck.

No this thread is not silly...

You practically have to play your leader always before you start to play your spies since the probability is too high they come back immediately after you mulliganed them away.

Last edited:
I don't think something is wrong, but I agree that things can be quirky. In a 28 card NG deck, I end up with Fringilla Vigo in my hand about 88% of the time.

At first I thought she was there a lot, but I started tracking it. It was 17/20 games at last count.

And yes, Golems make a leader a required first play in most Spy decks. I will sometimes play a Dol Blothanna Trapper and put down the Fireball trap before they even play.

frbfree;n8744280 said:
I don't think something is wrong, but I agree that things can be quirky. In a 28 card NG deck, I end up with Fringilla Vigo in my hand about 88% of the time.

At first I thought she was there a lot, but I started tracking it. It was 17/20 games at last count.

And yes, Golems make a leader a required first play in most Spy decks. I will sometimes play a Dol Blothanna Trapper and put down the Fireball trap before they even play.

Are you talking about in the opening draw? 17/20 seems like a pretty high draw rate if so. Given that it's a one-of card you should have less than a 50% chance of having it in your opening hand before mulligans, no?

MooshieMooshie;n8746270 said:
Are you talking about in the opening draw? 17/20 seems like a pretty high draw rate if so. Given that it's a one-of card you should have less than a 50% chance of having it in your opening hand before mulligans, no?

Opening hand, yes. Though last night she only showed up in 1/6. Like I said, I think it's quirky.

What do you know about pain? I once drew 3 Golems, Roach and 3 Novices. Still won tho.

I have actually began documenting and screenshotting my draws and mulligans because I have had an extremely high occurrence of this. MUCH bigger than bad luck should account for. Once I've compiled it I was going to send to CDPR but I'll share here too.

I had around 5 games at the end of a night and then the first 3 the next day where my draws were along the lines of - 2/3 golems, 2/3 alba pikemen, roach, 0/1 gold. In almost all these games I never saw Ciri or Cahir one time. It is beyond luck. I am really questioning the shuffling mechanics in Gwent.

I was asking myself the same when I started to open card kegs.. I play nilfgaard 100% and on my first 8 kegs only got 2 nilfgaard cards (1bronze 1 silver). I was beyond raging but the thing about random is that things like that can happen... time does his work when it comes to things like these.

Alts-Gamer;n8741930 said:
Till today I was running a deck with 3 golems but I am seriously considering to remove them because they are in my hand each game. That 9 power string is not worth my precious mulligan.

Same. I get Roach and at least 1 Golem in my opening hand 9/10 games. It's pretty ridiculous. Seriously thinking about getting rid of both.

I cant stand golem myself i felt like it did show up too much and even so it clogs up the opponents deck they are stipl decent cards so not worth the uphill battle.

Top Bottom