Extremely unimmersive police system

+
The police suffer from the game's overall lack of quality.

The AI is garbage, and stuff despawns as soon as it's out of sight. Which makes most things hard to do properly as you would in a good game.

The cops should spawn OFF THE MAP, and move in towards you (as they're being called in from parts of the city). And you should be able to hide out of sight to lose them (rather than them magically knowing where you are when there's no way for them to find you).

They could take inspiration from the running zombies in "Dying Light": when you made too much noise, they came as fast as they could in your last known position, after spawning from a far enough point to still remain immersive.

They could take inspiration from the running zombies in "Dying Light": when you made too much noise, they came as fast as they could in your last known position, after spawning from a far enough point to still remain immersive.
Maybe if they could use some basic AI like the old GTA games have been doing for ages... that would be nice. Hell, Witcher 3 did a better job with guards when you committed crimes. I have no clue how they went this far backwards in their design.

I had one encounter with the police where I already got 4 alert badges and I ran around the block not far and they suddenly magically disappeared. I came back to the scene I found nothing, nada, zip traces of em, even the drones that I destroyed or the full body armored police that I killed... They all just... vanished into thin air. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

The Police/wanted system could definetly use a tweak:
Let them arrive in Cop cars, from the nearest road, if anyone nearby has time to call the police.
Let the Cops use flashbangs.
Generally make the cops more competent than your local thug.

Is there any way to see if CDPR is actually reading these threads?
Because I came up with a possible inspiration for police machanics: one thing hat's surely missing is the possibility to be arrested (I know that, lorewise, death penalty and summary executions are normal in the tabletop's setting, but NCPD is still a police force, and arrests and trials are still possible)
They could take inspiration from Payday's cloakers: with that, I mean the possibility for agents to run at the player and attempt a takedown to subdue him and bring him to jail (after which there could be easily implemented fees or penalties in jail time, who knows). It could be nice.

But, first thing first, in order to perform arrests, this game's cop SHOULD HAVE MORE THAN 2 BRAIN CELLS AND A FREAKING SURVIVAL INSTINCT!

+1 - police teleporting is terrible and the rate at which they ramp up is way to fast, you cant have any fun with them. and you lose them too easily by just running off, or going in a shop or starting a quest or whatever...

I have experienced so many flavors of "wow the way they did the NCPD's AI is dirty"
I saved a group of cops from gangers outside my apartment building, then the cops "discovered the body" and all became hostile to me because I had "committed a crime" and while it was easy to get away, for like a couple days NCPD would be hostile to me if they saw me.
Then there was a time I fucked up and killed an innocent bystander bc grenade splash damage, and the cops not only immediately arrived at my location, but when I went around a building to hide, on the other side of a wall i double-jumped to get over, suddenly they got to me there too.
It's honestly just making me avoid the NCPD whenever possible to avoid the frustration.

once a gang started shooting me, and nearby were the cops so they started shooting ME TOO instead of the gang that started the fight... like WTF did i do... crime of being shot?

Half-baked design which makes no sense. Omniscient and omnipresent police immediately attempt to execute you for a crime (witnessed or not). Yet they can't find you after 500m of travel.

at the beginning, when the cop sees that you are breaking the law, you have radio notifications like GTA. With time when you do more trouble, the police level grows, you have these policemen with better equipment and better armor. last 4 star police with MAX TAC arrives in this flying UV. sry for bad english

YOOOOO. I spent hours finding a prime spot to gat some weeb and steal their fine-booty car out in the desert. Then the cyberbacon got all minority report pre-cog on me.

Also, I want to be able to change my peepee hair colors.

Much love,

-The peskiest

I have more of an issue with the EXTREME aggressiveness of the NCPD and Tiger Claws.

Get anywhere near either group and they soon open fire on the character. You don't have to do a damn thing, just be to close.

That right there I think is lore friendly, and you only need to scan some people to find out. There are people with Warrants for their arrest, and their only crime is that they ate food incorrectly. it actually makes total sense in the game, for the police to become ultra aggressive just for being close to them, because apparently in cyberpunk, almost everything the police decide is a crime, is a crime. Most are corrupt as hell, and only serve to do the bidding of corpos.

Seriously, any crimes committed should have to either be seen first hand by a locally placed officer or by a witness phoning in the incident.

Police should not automatically appear as if they're using a teleporter, but arrive on scene by a cruiser.

When escaping the police, they should chase you and have a radius around them that grows with your wanted level that you need to escape from in order to evade the police.

If this sounds familiar, then you probably played gta once or twice...

I've seen NCPD and gangbangers right next to each other doing nothing and if you try to attack the gangbangers, the police aggro and attack you.

The police spawning out of nowhere is horrible. What were they thinking? This cant be the same dev team that developed Wild Hunt right? I accidentally ran someone over the other day because I like to drive in first person even though it is more difficult and was immediately gunned down by NCPD netrunners who were nearby on a crime scene. The guy I hit didnt even die...I was slowly backing up.

I've seen NCPD and gangbangers right next to each other doing nothing and if you try to attack the gangbangers, the police aggro and attack you.

I have seen that too. They were Tiger Claws, fully armed too. Group of police were right on the other side of the street. I assume they were suppose to be fighting, but the AI bugged, and all of them were just standing guard.

its funny too when you just get paid by ncpd after killing few bad guys and resolve a crime, then a cop next see criminals's corpses and start fire on you as criminal

Im pretty sure the NCPD dont have any special AI systems at all to control them and this is why they are so bad. The combat AI search mechanic (when enemies are alerted but don't know where you are) is clearly limited to maximise netrunning and stealth play in missions. They don't really search for you, and seem to have no knowledge of where they have already searched. Because theres no custom functions for the cops, they can't rely on this search mechanic to make the cops find you. So as soon as you get a little bit away, they despawn. With no robust driving ai in the game, and only the 'call vehicle' ai for dynamic vehicle movement the cops can't arrive in vehicles or chase you in a vehicle so they need to teleport in. It also means, no police patrols on the roads. Finally because there is no system to determine if AI is able to see or hear an action beyond a simple radius check, the police rely on the zoning to determine if they should trigger from a player action if your close enough to them. This leads to situations where you cross an invisible line on the ground during a fight and suddenly the police go for you

Top Bottom