Extremely unimmersive police system

+
Its missing some sort of reputation system with the gangs, police and corpos. Like you can go guns blazing and no one will even bat an eyelash at you if you just massacred tons of members.

The combat AI needs some serious tweaks, like then playing really aggressive on fire fights, trying to flank you, not losing agro mid fight, not getting stuck in cover trying to access the situation after they saw you blasting someone else in the face with a loud gun and trying to sprint and zig zag when being engaged by a sniper.

In coming updates if they improve the police to be a little more resistant to increasing distance, that would improve immersion.

I agree that right now the popo are buggy, but I'm sure that will get fixed in a near future update... hopefully. I believe CDPR have earned that much, and I would add that while excited for this games release I also remembered TW3s launch and that sometimes games are buggy/not working as intended at launch. #PCgamelife

Bump - this is one of the most obvious problems in the game - as if it wasn't even tested by players
spawning in a closed room during a mission? come on!

I play that I can never kill citizens, avoid police entierely - which I'm OK with but that's not role playing friendly! Sometime I want to car jack or hit someone, but it's not worth the certain instant death from the police.

I'm pretty sure the current crime response is a placeholder mechanic thrown in in the last minute, simply to keep the player from just murdering everyone for now.

Even if they had more then just 10 minutes to do this, it could have been done much better.

I hope they'll fix it soon.

I like the game and all but if you kill a hobo in the middle of nowhere the police somehow know it.
So they will come driving to hunt you down right? no they spawn in randomly behind you and keep spawning like it's an arcade shoot em up.

So what do you do to lose them? you drive 200 meters down the street and you're done because they can't drive or chase you.

They made these amazing police cars with (in my opinion) scary as hell sirens, why not have them actually chase you. This has 0 immsersion and is the furthest from ''feeling alive'' as can be.
How is it unimmersive? You can see through walls and shoot round corners in this game so why is it highly unlikely the police would know about a murder somewhere no one is around?

How is it unimmersive? You can see through walls and shoot round corners in this game so why is it highly unlikely the police would know about a murder somewhere no one is around?

If it all flowed from a biomon perspective I'd get it. How does TT find you when you go down, etc. But not everyone in game is going to be connected to a network, or they may be hiding their network. Gun down a cop, yeah if the lore supports it I'd expect a squard car or maxtac to show up, but not teleport - that tech isn't in the game. That it isn't symbiotic is what bugs me. I'm having a blast, but there are mechanics that just don't function(or are missing) they way they should given the world the game is set in.

Police, Fire, and Paramedics. Heck at the beg of the game the paramedics help out a Platinum member and save her life. How do I become a platinum member? If I injure a citizen will the paramedics be called for them?

If I could pay for tiers for my hospital coverage, that would be some awesome gameplay that would reduce the amount of save scumming I do, possibly eliminate the need to create manual saves entirely.

Yeah...
Imagine in the endgame, or post game, you'd be able to buy a Trauma Team Platinum contract for an insane amount of eddies, like 1 million or so, and then when you get flatlined by some gang while slotting health monitor cyberware, the Trauma Team would fly in and take care of the gang members, and rescue you, that would be so awesome.

I think this requires some kind of capable AI that can perform meaningful game world interactions, like getting in / out of vehicles, driving, and interacting with other NPCs, healing/rescuing and arresting them, in order to get out of the "scripting trap".

My issue with the police A.I. is completely different. I am running a Reflexes/Cool build with silenced Overtures. When sniping enemies, I will often get a message that what I am doing is illegal and the police will issue a warrant. What am I doing you ask? I am aiming my gun at the criminals the NCPD are PAYING ME TO FIGHT. In the process, my gun occasionally passes by one of the civilians the criminals are preparing to execute. Completely ignoring the fact that it is basically impossible to track the criminals movement without the sights sometimes passing by the civilians, how the hell do the police magically know what a stealthy sniper is looking at through their scope? Especially if the criminals I am fighting themselves have no clue where I am.

I was speaking to a ripperdoc
Then all of a sudden it said I was in combat mode and the police come into the shop and started to fire at me, no idea why.
I was trying to stop a mugging by a gang on a woman, bodies of their victims on the floor, I fired at the gang then the police show up and fire at me, totally ignored the gang so it's me vs the gang and police. The gang took me out very quick so I'm guessing I'm under levelled, even when I'm about a 3rd of the way through majn story.

Be silly if the ai problems turned out similar to what Aliens Colonial Marines that had a spelling error in the code that messed up the ai.

I like the game and all but if you kill a hobo in the middle of nowhere the police somehow know it.
So they will come driving to hunt you down right? no they spawn in randomly behind you and keep spawning like it's an arcade shoot em up.

So what do you do to lose them? you drive 200 meters down the street and you're done because they can't drive or chase you.

They made these amazing police cars with (in my opinion) scary as hell sirens, why not have them actually chase you. This has 0 immsersion and is the furthest from ''feeling alive'' as can be.

About the sirens, i was hoping to hear something more like this as a primary siren sound:
and have the actual siren sound as a police horn:

I would not even mind if the NCPD start to shoot at you for random stuff you do (because you know night city - they probably think everyone is a crook) as long as they have some form of sensible chase and pursue system.

Yall think police appearing and vanishing out of nowhere is crazy? Try an npc that changes their looks and gender every time you turn around and vanishes while the other starts T-posing. Better yet the truck behind the NPC is a transformer.

Post automatically merged:

Also you DO NOT have to drive 200 meters away from the police. Just hide behind a corner and wait lol

Yes the police need to be fixed. It might be hard on the systems/pc but it'd be cool to see some hover cars drop swat down with 4 stars and get into police chases.

Its too easy to escape from the police and then the random spawning out of no where is a bit tedious.

Its the most embarrassingly bad police AI I've seen in any AAA game. just remove it until its fixed.

Yeah then everyone will complain wheres the Police.

Just an fyi to y'all, police teleport into the rooms and areas to reduce load on our systems. Thats where we are at. If they coded them to pawn in, in the distance or outside the doors to buildings we are in thats too specific for the code we can put in. Maybe in another 10 years, or 20.

Just an fyi to y'all, police teleport into the rooms and areas to reduce load on our systems. Thats where we are at. If they coded them to pawn in, in the distance or outside the doors to buildings we are in thats too specific for the code we can put in. Maybe in another 10 years, or 20.
What!? Have you played any game in the last decade? Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2, GtaV, Gta 4, Mafia 2 and 3, Skyrim, ALL ASSASSINS CREED, modern Far Cry games... Literally there is an abundance of game that have police, guards etc. patrol the cities, come to the event from outside and not spawn in right behind you or next to you. This is just because CDPR doesnt know how to code properly.

Top Bottom