Extremely unimmersive police system

+
I think they know how to code otherwise there would be no game. The issue is the code density across the game. Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2, gtaV, gta 4, Mafia 2 and 3 Skyrim , ALL ASSASSINS CREED, modern Far Cry games etc dont have the graphics or code density of this game. Thats like saying that everyone that knows how to climb a tree should be able to climb a mountain. This is the mountain of games with the tech involved and you're talking trees. Sigh....

i find it funny that several of the dialogues, shards and just general word of mouth references how slow the police response time. then in the game it's literally instantaneous. you can pan around 360, see no police anywhere, then shoot someone and immediately there are several officers not three feet behind you. i normally love to learn about the lore in games, but examples like this are huge deterrents

Yeah then everyone will complain wheres the Police.

Just an fyi to y'all, police teleport into the rooms and areas to reduce load on our systems. Thats where we are at. If they coded them to pawn in, in the distance or outside the doors to buildings we are in thats too specific for the code we can put in. Maybe in another 10 years, or 20.

Have you played any other open world game in past 10 years? Lots of games have done that. I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.

Have you played any other open world game in past 10 years? Lots of games have done that. I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.
OK let's compare....

Sigh... that was the most frustrating things when I worked on forums was all the players who know more and better than people who actually work on video games telling others that they know tons and the negativity they bring.

So instead of asking why I would come to that conclusion you decide to insult me. So from your thoughts.... all games are coded in the same way? Its hard to talk to people when they refuse others comments based solely on thier own thoughts of how they think the world works.

This is one of the worst aspects of the open world that I have noticed. I really hope they are working on an actual system that was not finished for release. As it stands it is the worst police system that I can recall in a game that I've played. Grand Theft Auto was better in 1997.

OK let's compare....

Sigh... that was the most frustrating things when I worked on forums was all the players who know more and better than people who actually work on video games telling others that they know tons and the negativity they bring.

So instead of asking why I would come to that conclusion you decide to insult me. So from your thoughts.... all games are coded in the same way? Its hard to talk to people when they refuse others comments based solely on thier own thoughts of how they think the world works.

You don't need to know a lot about video game development to know that a game should at least have AI comparable to a 15 year old game.

What about a Bounty system simular like in RedDead ? i mean you kill a civ by accident or not and you would need to pay your bounty off. If u don't it will rise..and you will become even more wanted increasing the risk of cops going after you ..no not spawning behind you. They can do a lot better with this system. Also i would suggest you would increase favor from NCPD if you kill gang members so maybe a halo/devil system could be installed..but the +favor could reward for like some special NCPD missions ...rewards etc..but if you go on a killing spree killing Civ's And or police you would get a bounty and lose the favor for special missions. i dunno just few ideas. i could come up with more ideas but maybe this sounds silly and they should focus on the balance instead like insta spawning and stupid agro and the run down the road 100 meters to get away :)

I like the game and all but if you kill a hobo in the middle of nowhere the police somehow know it.
So they will come driving to hunt you down right? no they spawn in randomly behind you and keep spawning like it's an arcade shoot em up.

So what do you do to lose them? you drive 200 meters down the street and you're done because they can't drive or chase you.

They made these amazing police cars with (in my opinion) scary as hell sirens, why not have them actually chase you. This has 0 immsersion and is the furthest from ''feeling alive'' as can be.
Must have seen a dupe for this post at least 100 times now
Post automatically merged:

I have experienced so many flavors of "wow the way they did the NCPD's AI is dirty"
I saved a group of cops from gangers outside my apartment building, then the cops "discovered the body" and all became hostile to me because I had "committed a crime" and while it was easy to get away, for like a couple days NCPD would be hostile to me if they saw me.
Then there was a time I fucked up and killed an innocent bystander bc grenade splash damage, and the cops not only immediately arrived at my location, but when I went around a building to hide, on the other side of a wall i double-jumped to get over, suddenly they got to me there too.
It's honestly just making me avoid the NCPD whenever possible to avoid the frustration.
You probably hit a civ with one of the bullets
Post automatically merged:

Yep, doesn't seem right, in a city with so high crime and casualty rate.
According to the lore, finding justice in night city isn't all that easy, if that was the case they'd have taken down arasaka tower for themselves long before jonny tries it

Last edited:
Sure, why not. I mean You're the expert. Not me :p

Its not about being an expert. Either way its bad development on CDPR behalf.
They either:
A: spent 5 years developing a game and couldn't manage to implement a system that games from 15 years ago could do.
B: developed an engine that didn't allow them to do it.
Or C: Didn't effectively manage and prioritize the the development of the game.
Either way its their fault.

Police is just a joke right now. Teleporting behind you and you just need to drive a bit to lose them...

the only broken thing is that in city "where police can't stop all violence" police arrives insta

Its not about being an expert. Either way its bad development on CDPR behalf.
They either:
A: spent 5 years developing a game and couldn't manage to implement a system that games from 15 years ago could do.
B: developed an engine that didn't allow them to do it.
Or C: Didn't effectively manage and prioritize the the development of the game.
Either way its their fault.

I could explain it to you but you're more interested in being right than actually understanding what the issue is. As such there is no point in responding back to you after this post. Enjoy the game mate.... oh wait you dont yet you live all over the forums here. Wierd.

I could explain it to you but you're more interested in being right than actually understanding what the issue is. As such there is no point in responding back to you after this post. Enjoy the game mate.... oh wait you dont yet you live all over the forums here. Wierd.

I'm not more interested than being right, I am right, because there is no excuse you can give. Other than the horrible AI I'm quite enjoying the game.

Sometimes cops just spawn in front of me. hope they will upgrade the police / NPC systems next years.

This could easily be fixed, tbh just add delays. In Pacifica I'd alot more, if not none at all. I've killed randos under a bridge in Pacifica and then I'm swarmed by police and die instantly.

There is no police in pacifica. There are vodoo boys all over the place, but co cops.

Top Bottom