Extremely unimmersive police system

+
I'm also pissed I can't mess with them. they are super over powered even on easy difficulty. the quest "Sinnerman" break my immersion.

it seems like CDPR don't allow you to roleplay a criminal line Keanu said in the trailer. forcing you to be somewhat the good guys always.
hell...even the way to level up quick is to help the NCPD.
"in night city you can become anyone, anything" this hurts yep... this hurts.

Wait!..! what? Shoot POLICIA! this is a non issue. They give you Eddies for shooting other bad peeps. Done. Move on~
Post automatically merged:

Your mom's system is trash, please remedy immediately.

Seems like it would take them a long time to revamp the wanted system. I wouldn't expect that in the next few months.

The game has so much potential for crime and police response. It makes no sense why it's so bad.
police should not be tethered to a location
Police should drive around
police AVs should also fly around
When you commit a crime police should come to you not teleport
Av's should show up as your stars increase
maxtec should show up
Police should chase if you run
Police should not just give up if you kill the five star group.

You should be able to surrender and be forced to become a maxtac agent so we can work with melissa rory, and have steamy sex while cutting each other with mantis blades.
Only slightly kidding

Rudo_

Forum regular
I have suggestion for CDPR, if cops didn't withness player doing crime but report by civilian they should not appear instead posting bounty to hunt you, and the randomly spawning cops suks, this game has so many system taken from other open world games but doing much worse than those
That's what i thought about the gangs. I should have death squads behind me... Or at least some kind of acknowledgement as maelstrom death angel.
But nope, i got to the Maelstrom bar (totenz..something) and a dude I kind of save 7 months ago tells me: "hey V, how you doing"...
Lame.

The game has so much potential for crime and police response. It makes no sense why it's so bad.
police should not be tethered to a location
Police should drive around
police AVs should also fly around
When you commit a crime police should come to you not teleport
Av's should show up as your stars increase
maxtec should show up
Police should chase if you run
Police should not just give up if you kill the five star group.

You should be able to surrender and be forced to become a maxtac agent so we can work with melissa rory, and have steamy sex while cutting each other with mantis blades.
Only slightly kidding
Everything you just said I hope will be added

I have more of an issue with the EXTREME aggressiveness of the NCPD and Tiger Claws.
Yeah Tiger Claws are angry af, I've got a quest from fixer to stole some soft and deliver it to Chinese mafia boss, when I got what he needs I came to him to deliver it, and some Tiger Claws was standing nearby, protecting him. When I was passing them, they triggered on me and opened fire, so i was dead before i can come close to their pal to deliver what he requested ...

Made me load the save and sprint near them on high speed, to make sure I passed them before the "eye detector" icon above their heads is fulfilled and they enter combat mode :D

I have more of an issue with the EXTREME aggressiveness of the NCPD and Tiger Claws.

Get anywhere near either group and they soon open fire on the character. You don't have to do a damn thing, just be to close.

I agree with this more, I'm not really bothered to much about police chasing me.

Cant say I ever thought to myself I'll go murder innocent people.

It's not GTA.

I could get past the overly simplistic ped behaviors, lack of vendors and other world interaction, the vehicle handling, the melee combat, the messy inventory, and the very lite RPG elements. Those things don't bother me anymore nor was I expecting much out of it.

But this one thing really needs some serious tweaking.

Like, despawning peds and cops spawning inside walls are also a problem, but those are very obvious bugs that can be ironed out with future patches.

The police system in general though is a different story. The way they work when they do work properly, felt like another design flaw. One I just couldn't get past its annoying system.

They are programmed to literally spawn in very close proximity no matter where you are, inside or outside buildings, in Pacifica, or even way out in the Badlands. They'll be there. And they suddenly, magically don't give two shits anymore as long as you skip a block or 2.

I'd rather the peds be unattackable like TW3 tbh.

Last edited:
I cannot imagine the code monkey who sat down, looked at their work on the Police system in-game and said ' wow, I did a great job on this' - Doh!

I cannot imagine the code monkey who sat down, looked at their work on the Police system in-game and said ' wow, I did a great job on this' - Doh!

I could probably get behind that reasoning behind that leaked memo. It might not be entirely true but it's more likely than what you said. lol i don't think they're that incompetent.

It's probably more like he had a decent system working but had to take it out because of a massive bug it caused that needed more time to iron out.

Aside of the already known problems of the police, like their spawning in and not chasing i find it odd if then police ask to surrender to then open fire when you do. I mean i can understand if some gangers try to lure you out of cover to kill you with sweet promisses, but cops? Shouldnt they kind of really arrest you if you do a crime accidently. Assuming they in the future fix the police and they chase you in acceptable quantity and the kill was really only an accident and you want to deal with this peacefully, shouldnt there be a solution to truly surrender?
Post automatically merged:

I agree you walk by them and very immersive trauma team which creates traumas for those carrying wounded people LOL

Oh yeah.. a little word of thank you of them for cooperativly carring their platin contract patron out of the door after i did first aid and kill of Sandras kidnappers.. nope they aim me ready to kill any more and then are gone. I mean it was kind of a cool experience to see how professional they act but still i felt like.. next time i only sneak in, remove the blocking chip from her and sneak out again, let them do all the dirty job.

Last edited:
V returns home and on the corridor there are 2 policemen arresting someone (who is laying on ground). Suddenly police attacks V . No idea why : it was as if V walked too closely or something.

After playing just 37 hours , I am giving up with this game. Haven't even finished the main story.
Worst most irritating bug in my experience is the broken overpowered police implementation .

It makes no sense that police somehow knows instantly that a crime happened , but the city is full of gangs and other criminals. Such an efficient police would mean a city without crime at all . It breaks the gameplay beyond repair.

Last edited:
I think it's due to game engine limitations. Because in an open world game, the engine divides an area into many small sections, this is to save resources so your cpu won't fry .

When something unscripted happen, for example when you shoot some random passerby in the face, the game engine can only 'compute' data and pull resources in a very small section ,maybe around 200-250m or less horizontally and 20m vertically of the map area.

So NPCs and cars randomly disappear when you're not looking ,and especially when you cross the section border of a map area because the engine is already struggling to keep those neatly stacked 100 or so bottles and boxes in a dark corner from flying around like crazy.

So, meaningful 'police chase' can not happen because they'll most likely be forgotten by the game engine and disappear or t-pose when you're dashing down the street at 140mph.

I'm not sure how or where the game engine keep all the NPCs or cars when they're not 'in use', I'd guess not a very efficient way like some other open world games, such as GTA or FO4. In FO4 there was the hilarious 'back stage room' filled with NPCs under the map area so the engine can teleport them into place when needed.

Last edited:
I dont want play this game because of this police system. Its absolutely unimmersive and stupid. You can hide behind corner and wait for the cops gone. We hope that new patches will fix this problem and others. Lots of people are waiting for you to do something about it finally. This is not what you promised us about quality. We want chases too. No police cars on the roads is weird.

Top Bottom