Extremely weird and sudden & permanent graphic bug [PS4]

+
I am playing the GOTY edition on PS4 and just finished the main campaign and started Hearts of Stone w/o any issues until today. After playing a bit today I left my PS4 on rest mode to continue a few hours later. When I restarted the game the display was not only extremely bright but overall just weird starting from the photosensitivity warning. Here is a photo: https://imgupx.com/fBzYEiaT

Changing gamma either in the settings or for the TV itself does not solve the issue (only makes it darker while still looking "too bright"). Deleting and reinstalling the game didn't help as well. Needless to say, no other game shows the same issue and while the PS4 main menu shows the same glitch when I pause the game while still running, it changes back to normal as soon I stop the application.

I am honestly at a loss, because the only solution I found online was about adjusting gamma which doesn't work in my case.

Hum... strange :(
Did you try to clear the cache in case ?
If it doesn't work, I suggest to directly contact the support for help ("contact us" button).
There is no dedicated category, but this one should be fine.

Just for info, what brand is your TV ?
I have a Samsung, since a little while (few TV updates) when the TV turn off automatically (and when I'm not here to cancel it^^), sometimes when I turn on my TV, it look like a bit like that and I have to "manually" turn off and turn on the "game mode".

First thank you for your help!

I believe it was indeed the cache which caused the issues, because after turning off the PS4 and the power outlet to which it is connected over night, it now runs normally again.

Thank you again!

Top Bottom