Eyes colour?

+
siklara said:
I'm envious of you guys, green eyes are beautiful... This thread made me check my own eye colour and I'm not sure if it's normal, but I used to have brown eyes like Roche, and now they're somewhere between Philippa's and Triss' eyes. O_O

Oh, you're envious? At least your eyes are attractiv, but I happen to have dark blue. Seriously, who finds that eye colour to be good?

Chewin3 said:
Oh, you're envious? At least your eyes are attractiv, but I happen to have dark blue. Seriously, who finds that eye colour to be good?

In my family, the men all have dark blue "sapphire" eyes (except for my son, who has brown eyes, go figure) and long black eyelashes, and the women are all jealous of them.

Chewin3 said:

Dunno I happen to like Dark Blue a lot. Not that I'm trying anything ehehehee....

Dona said:
Me too ;)

Really? Green looks nicer with bright red hair, and it's not just my bias talking =D

In the books I don't think she has bright red hair either. Her hair is described as "chestnut" which I interpreted to mean brown with reddish hilights (I could be wrong about what chestnut means though).

Dona said:
I'm envious of you guys, green eyes are beautiful... This thread made me check my own eye colour and I'm not sure if it's normal, but I used to have brown eyes like Roche, and now they're somewhere between Philippa's and Triss' eyes. O_O

That's normal :) Mine are like that too (a brown ring in the center around the pupil, and then the rest of the iris looks either olive green or dark gray depending upon the lighting). I don't know what it's officially called, so I just call it hazel :p

Central heterochromia(a groooovy mutation /shot) is the term used for eyes such as Iorveth's or Triss' C:
Hahah, I wish mine were pretty like that. I used to be all 'meeehh' about having dull brown eyes... but then a Roche happened~

Oh and, for some reason, in a render, Vernon eyes were actually blue :U

Chewin3 said:
It's not the eye color it's what ppl see in your eyes

They don't say for nothing that eyes are the windows to your soul or so i have heard... :)

vermeer said:
Wow, Ves' eyes are truly incredible, they really stand out from the rest. I also like Iorveth and Triss' green + brown combination, I'm a sucker for eyes like that, actually. Sadly I'm Roche tier myself.
I like Iorveths eyes but i also like Cedrics chocolate eyes :D

TheDawner said:
Central heterochromia(a groooovy mutation /shot) is the term used for eyes such as Iorveth's or Triss' C:
Hahah, I wish mine were pretty like that. I used to be all 'meeehh' about having dull brown eyes... but then a Roche happened~

Oh, interesting. I knew the term heterochromia in the context of the two eyes being different colors from each other, but I didn't realize it also applied to this. Thanks for the info :D

Also, brown eyes can be pretty :)

TheDawner said:
I swear in the books Triss has brown hair with brown eyes

I thought so too.

Chewin3 said:
Are you joking? Dark blue eyes are amazing, but I think there's no such thing as non-attractive eye colour, I like them all. : )

@Ward Dragon, I'm not worried about the inner brown ring (or central heterochromia, as smart people call it :D), I just don't understand how the basic colour of my eyes changed so much. Hazel sounds so much better than the folksy name "libafoszöld" we have for this colour, which literally means "goose diarrhea green". :p

siklara said:
@Ward Dragon, I'm not worried about the inner brown ring (or central heterochromia, as smart people call it :D), I just don't understand how the basic colour of my eyes changed so much. Hazel sounds so much better than the folksy nickname "libafoszöld" we have for this colour, which literally means "goose diarrhea green". :p

Oh dear, I'll definitely stick with calling it hazel :p And I meant that my eyes kind of change color too and I think it's probably just the lighting but it might actually be real. In the summer they look greenish and in the winter they look grayish. I checked Wikipedia out of curiosity and it says this, which makes sense to me:

Changes (lightening or darkening) of eye colors during puberty, early childhood, pregnancy, and sometimes after serious trauma (like heterochromia) do represent cause for plausible argument to state that some eyes can or do change, based on chemical reactions and hormonal changes within the body.

Studies on Caucasian twins, both fraternal and identical, have shown that eye color over time can be subject to change, and major demelanization of the iris may also be genetically determined. Most eye-color changes have been observed or reported in the Caucasian population with hazel eyes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_color#Changes_in_eye_color

Oh no....I just realized I have Philippa's eyes. Now I have to fight the urge to gauge my own eyes out every time I stare into a mirror. Go figure....

Silverio13 said:
I swear in the books Triss has brown hair with brown eyes
Actually in the books Triss eyes are blue. If I remember correctly, somebody once comments that a lapis lazuli she wears match the color of her eyes. She also has chestnut hair - Sapkowski mentions this fact quite often! No wonder since he usually likes to provide a reader with many details, as far as women appearance is concerning (see: the chapters with the Lodge meetings). Just like Martin and his obsession with describing food ;-) Philippa has very dark eyes, almost black in canon. I guess they changed them because they didn't fit models in the games.
Speaking of which, I hope they won't change Yennefer's trademark violet eyes.

Thanks to the person who linked the picture with all the eyes! Personally speaking, Saskia' ones are the most beautiful. I wish she kept them in her real form.

NabuchodonozorI said:
Actually in the books Triss eyes are blue. If I remember correctly, somebody once comments that a lapis lazuli she wears match the color of her eyes. She also has chestnut hair - Sapkowski mentions this fact quite often! No wonder since he usually likes to provide a reader with many details, as far as women appearance is concerning (see: the chapters with the Lodge meetings). Just like Martin and his obsession with describing food ;-) Philippa has very dark eyes, almost black in canon. I guess they changed them because they didn't fit models in the games.

Thanks for the explanation :) I definitely remembered her hair being "chestnut" but I forgot what color her eyes were (or maybe I didn't even get up to that part in the books yet :p).

DragonsDream said:
Oh no....I just realized I have Philippa's eyes. Now I have to fight the urge to gauge my own eyes out every time I stare into a mirror. Go figure....

Think of them as Radovid's eyes and it's not nearly as bad - more like damn awesome. ;)

DragonsDream said:
Actually in the books Triss eyes are blue. If I remember correctly, somebody once comments that a lapis lazuli she wears match the color of her eyes. Philippa has very dark eyes, almost black in canon. I guess they changed them because they didn't fit models in the games.

Thanks to the person who linked the picture with all the eyes! Personally speaking, Saskia' ones are the most beautiful. I wish she kept them in her real form.

Long time no see! We'll have to have more discussions about Triss to lure you into posting. ;)

Aaden said:
Think of them as Radovid's eyes and it's not nearly as bad - more like damn awesome. ;)
Pff, Philippa is equally awesome! Stop hating on this poor woman :( Just wait for her to come back sporting some badass Illusive Man-like eyes in W3! ;-)

Long time no see! We'll have to have more discussions about Triss to lure you into posting. ;)
Hi, thanks for remembering me and warm welcome :) I was lurking but now I decided to come back for real given how much close we are to the Witcher 2 on Xbox premiere. Lurking me into posting by talking about Triss is certainly going to work but do not expect nice and Triss*-friendly posts at all! ;-)

*as long as the version from game is concerned.

@Ward Dragon
Thanks for the explanation I definitely remembered her hair being "chestnut" but I forgot what color her eyes were (or maybe I didn't even get up to that part in the books yet ).
I think her eyes are described in the fourth book (Tower of Swallow) by one character (won't reveal who to not spoil!), or probably during sorceresses' meetings in Montecalvo. I do remember her hair being chestnut mostly thanks to the fact how some fans were protesting when CD Projekt decided to change Triss into a typical redhead ;-) But really Sapkowski is a sucker for describing females - sometimes he even adds information about their favorite type of flagrance, jewelry, or style of clothing they used to wear often. I guess it's because of the job he had prior to writing. Funny thing: the name Ciri comes from some clothing for children his company traded, if I remember correctly.

Top Bottom