Faction Blacklisting

+

Faction Blacklisting

• Total voters
I thought blacklisting would go a long way to complicate and ruin the ladder, but after playing 10 games against Dagon in a row the other day I changed my mind, it's not that I lose all the time, far from it pretty sure I am in positive, like 55% or so, but it is really boring, like Groundhog Day match of Gwent, all the time. And not to mention surprising amount of Consume and even Eredin. If there was some deck that counters Monsters hard and I mean hard like 90% win rate I would switch to it even if it cost me 6k scraps to get it and lost every other match, but I doubt something like that exists.

When Axeman were all rage, there wasn't nearly as many Axeman decks, even than there was more Dagon by my account.

And Nilfgaard meta, how I miss Nilfgaard meta, there was a ton of Monsters than and even Skellige was widely played. Hell if metas were designated by most widely played and not most powerful and dominant in top tier faction, every meta would be called Monsters meta, something needs to be done about that.

SrdjanB;n9339161 said:
And Nilfgaard meta, how I miss Nilfgaard meta, there was a ton of Monsters than and even Skellige was widely played. Hell if metas were designated by most widely played and not most powerful and dominant in top tier faction, every meta would be called Monsters meta, something needs to be done about that.

Yep 60% of time i play against NG, 30% against monsters and 10% against the rest

Ability to exclude a faction from casual matches

So let's say I didn't want to face the ridiculously salty Calveit deck for the n:th time in a row. I think it would be neat to have an option to exclude a faction(s) from casual matchmaking. Wanna see how your deck fares against a specific faction? Maybe don't wanna play against the same OP deck for the 15th time today? I'd like to have a choice in the matter. Would probably have to wait a bit longer for a match but I don't mind.

It seems to me that you people don't understand what faction/leader banning would create. People could just ban a deck that counters theirs. Or, what most people probably would do: Ban the most popular deck at the moment (Currently Henselt Armor Buff Machine). Matchmaking queues would increase, and people that don't ban the popular deck would be forced to play against it most of the time.

So while you might feel unaffected because your favorite playstyle isn't the top deck at the moment, you'd be singing a different tune if you were basically unable to play your favorite deck in ranked. (For me it's Wild Hunt Monsters, which is getting dangerously close to op with those Drowners).

I understand that it might be frustrating getting beaten by the same
ol' shit all the time. But blacklisting isn't a good solution.

vlsky;n9328881 said:
I don't like current environment's state. There is nothing competitive in current environment. True competition starts in point where you gain equal (~max close to it) chances with your opponent. Today true competiotion is possible only between few archetypes. Since we will never reach a point where factions/archetypes balance become optimal we need other tools to increase decks diversity in ranked.

Remember. .game is still in Beta phase
current state of gameplay environment & archetypes. .are not gonna last (every major patch till now is proof of that) devs are still trying to figureout what works best & what doesn't .
FYI i vote "No" to blacklisting

Last edited:
CASUAL needs ban leader option, like in tournaments.

i dont want to play against brouver spy abuse braindead swarm anymore, at least in casual leaders should be blockable.
:listen:

I stopped caring about those kind of easytoplay-netdecks alltogether.
I just forfeit and give them the win.
They are used to easy anyway.

Pruny;n10888201 said:
i dont want to play against brouver spy abuse braindead swarm anymore, at least in casual leaders should be blockable.
:listen:
Also needs it in Pro/Matchmaking. Or just ban Brouver guys, permanently.

Last edited:
Top Bottom