Faction board skins and missing premiums are here!

+
As mentioned before - the update is NOT available for Windows app. And what's worst - I can still play with the old version, still redrawing mulliganed cards, no board skins, old arena...tell me HOW is this possible? Am I playing against players with new update?

Non-GOG players aren't disadvantaged enough? They cannot use gwentracker, cannot get rewards from twitch drops, cannot log into playgwent website to see their stats...and now this? I would really love to play the new arena mod but it ends in few days and nobody cares that the patch is not available. Sorry for being bitter but this really makes me angry. Why does the game exist on different platforms when some of them are clearly being disadvataged?
Is the Windows version going to get the update or not? Thanks for reply

Looks like it's live for the Windows Store version now. Must've auto-updated because I logged in to find the new arena mode news. Haven't played a game yet, but I did check Nilfgaardian Knight's card text and it's updated.

I was looking forward to the board skins when they were first mentioned, however they did not turn out how I expected. I really don't like the dual skin combos. I was expecting the board to reflect the faction that you were playing only. As they are now its just a mish-mash of design elements, super cluttered looking and not aesthetically pleasing at all.

When arena came out, that board skin was amazing because it centered around that one theme and it gave it an exquisite unified look. Hopefully in the future, these new skins can be reworked, but obviously not the most important thing to worry about now.

1) Mulligan fixed(?)

- the most important thing no doubt affecting the play and disrupting many plans resulting in obsolete losses often - has it been fixed? Well, not exactly fixed, but improved for sure. It's definitely better now, but the first-blacklisted-card is still quite often the next-to-come-back. I would like to start thinking that the devs start to spend their time with important issues. This could still use more improvement.

2) board skins

-
sadly, the (so far) ugly has been replaced with even uglier, and the dual skinning is really weird - have a look at, say, NG against NR - it's awful, really like a fist to the eyes; we are in a witcher-fantasy-world here, some more sense for beauty, please... I would not mind if it would be single skinned again, but at least nice. Wasn't there an art contest proclaimed recently? Why not let the players send some ideas... Or, why not let those who painted the most beautiful cards have a word in this - like, say, Anna Podedworna (her creations are without comparison no doubt). We would like to see a board suitable for a fantasy-world card game, not for a futuristic tank strategy...
- the initial game interface (and Shupe's shop) could too use some "aestethicsisation" and seeing something different from those ugly Terry Pratchet- novels- like- graphics would be really nice

3) premium cards finaly premium indeed

- the least important thing, but nice to the eye - the so far extremely premiums with silver band moving from left to right are finally gone. Nice... Finally it makes some sense to spend meteorite powder.

Ok, the patch is finally available, thanks for that. The new arena mode is great, it's sad that it's limited only for few days. Unfortunately I was kicked from the match due to connection loss in my second game...so this is not fixed. Is it even possible to fix it or will it become everlasting issue of Gwent?

Last edited:
Premium Lord of Undvik token which plays to board with Hjalmar is still missing

Last edited:
Totalimus;n10833311 said:
I see that in game profile displays the correct amount of cards that you actually own now! Thanks!

What you own, yes, but NR has actually 140 cards in total and not 137.

Chaob_N7;n10842931 said:
Premium Lord of Undvik token which plays to board with Hjalmar is still missing

Not only that, appearantly all the tokens are still missing.

Guys, if you don't like new skins, not worry, soon they will be all changed anyway. They added them cause why not cause they were already created and ready. But with upcomin overhaul they change them, so your feedback is much apreciated in suggestion forum. :)

Suvsz;n10843531 said:
What you own, yes, but NR has actually 140 cards in total and not 137.
it does display the correct max on the web profiles.

Not only that, appearantly all the tokens are still missing.
not all, but many... the following cards are still missing premium art:
  • Arachas Hatchling (fr. Arachas Behemoth)
  • Harpy Hatchling (fr. Harpy Egg > Celaeno Harpy)
  • Peasant (fr. Peasant Militia, which is weird, since it's the same art as premium version)
  • Specter (Fr. Bloody Flail)
  • Cow (fr. Germain))
  • Wilfred (fr. Harald Hounsnout)
  • Wilhelm (fr. Harald Hounsnout)
  • Wilmar (fr. Harald Hounsnout)
  • Lord of Undvik (fr. Hjalmar)
  • Daugir (fr. Draug)

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
Esmer;n10840971 said:
The last card (the one you choose from 3 options) you get from a keg is always premium. Correspondingly, all 3 options you get to choose from are also premium.

The patch notes states that they did, but after playing 5 games yesterday it seems that you still have a high probability of redrawing the card that you mulligan in a previous round.

I have four kegs I got from level up and bought from shop. So, ideally, I should wait for the Premimum Weekend event, right? Will we get any announcement/news when this event would start? Thanks!

Played around 20 matches and I can say without any doubt that the mulligan issue is definitely not fixed. Every single game redrawing blacklisted cards, maybe it's just me but I feel like it's even worse than before the update

rrc;n10845311 said:
I have four kegs I got from level up and bought from shop. So, ideally, I should wait for the Premimum Weekend event, right? Will we get any announcement/news when this event would start? Thanks!

Yep. The Premium weekend has already started, btw.

You also might want to spend ore on Arena runs instead of buying kegs directly. I believe making 2-3 wins is already enough to break even, and 5+ wins gets you your 150 ore back + you get a keg and other rewards.

don't do it... your odds (especially as a new player) of getting enough wins to make more then you spent are pretty crap, and as a new player ore is worth up to 2.5x as scraps which is your most likely reward.

Void_Singer;n10844401 said:
it does display the correct max on the web profiles.

I wasn't aware of that, never checked that one.

Void_Singer;n10844401 said:
not all, but many... the following cards are still missing premium art:
(...)

Thanks for the list! :)

It's interesting though, not all these cards came with the MW patch... Were they always missing their premium version? :hmm:

Void_Singer;n10833901 said:
not really... make the worst deck you can possibly imagine. lowest points, least synergy, purposeful bricks... may the steamiest pile win

That's what I mean. Making someone an awful deck is delightfully devious. It's just fun(maybe somewhat cathartic!) to make the most garbage deck possible. Really interesting way of playing, and quite the mind game.

Deck boards add some variety, maybe an option to choose. However id rather see the whole board be themed due the faction you are playing. I've come across sine visual glitches with the dual colored row. Dragons dream does not show up on my board at times, also cards glitch through the board at times

New board:

Con: Weather effects, on certain faction boards, really loose their impact and minor ones like rain are actually hard to see on certain boards.
One of the faction boards is really bad looking, it looks like a piece of a film strip or something and that is it.

Pros: Nice visual upgrade on most factions.
If both factions are the same, nice way to tie them together to look like one large board.
Nice touch to spruce up the game.
Monster board looks wicked cool.

I want to complain - the Mahakam Horn Premium version of the card is almost like its non premium version. Really disappointing. Please, add some blinking lights and such.

Top Bottom