Faction Challenge: Classic

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

In this month’s challenge, you will be choosing from one of the 6 factions in GWENT: The Witcher Card Game. Faction whose supporters complete the most quests during the challenge will claim victory, granting benefits to all players for a limited time:
+10% bonus XP when playing as the top 2 factions
+35% bonus XP when playing the third and fourth place faction
+75% bonus XP when playing the 5th and sixth faction

The Challenge will last until March 13, 2020 at noon CET.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to participate?
Select the faction you wish to support via the Faction Challenge popup or the Quests tab.
Play games* and complete special quests to earn rewards!

* Games played or won before committing to a specific team will not count toward your challenge progress.
* Only games played in Seasonal and Classic modes will count toward you challenge progress – you will not be able to complete quests via friend challenges or in the Arena.

Looks like the "best bonus for losing factions" has been deemed to have been a good change.

I'm only one quest away from finishing a challenge contract, so I'll be sure to actively support the Empire. :p

Looks like the "best bonus for losing factions" has been deemed to have been a good change.

At least I like it. Last time the majority was playing the strongest faction nevertheless but the bonus for the poor was nice (y)

Lexor

Forum veteran
Can quests like "play 3 matches" be done only with selected faction or can be done with any faction?
Is repeatable 6th quest still a standard "do one daily quest" thing?

EDIT: Answering first of my own questions: "any faction".
EDIT: Answering second of my own questions: "yes".

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
It will be my last time selecting Syndicate. I dont like the faction particularly, but im going for the 25 faction challenge quests contract border, then i move to the other factions i missed the border in beta.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Can someone explain to me how I can get 25 quests done in a week?

You cant, its impossible.

The 1-5 quests on a faction challenge usually dont have a time limit, but the 6th, repeatable quest is usually (if not always) 'do a daily quest' so players can not do too many of them.

If you want to go for a 25 quest faction challenge contract/border, you'll have to wait for another faction challenge (usually one per month). For example, it took me 3 faction challenges supporting Syndicate to finally get that contract on this one.

HI there, quick question about the faction challenge rewards. If Nilfgaard won, why do they get the least amount of bonus for the next week?

HI there, quick question about the faction challenge rewards. If Nilfgaard won, why do they get the least amount of bonus for the next week?
They reversed the exp rewards (least boost for winning factions) I think with the previous challenge.
I'm guessing it's to make it fairer towards the losing (less popular) factions and/or to shake up the meta a little. Maybe they gave a reason, but I don't remember.

(Post moved to a dedicated thread.)

DRK3

Forum veteran
Did the challenge end? Why wasnt the winner and results posted here?

This is one of the many things where CDPR and the Gwent dev team needs to improve their communication - an in-game event and no information on site or official forum, not even in this week's TWIG.

Yeah, all we have is the in-game bonus icon showing the applied bonuses.

+ 10 % Monsters / Nilfguard
+25% Scoiatel / Northern Realms
+75% Syndicate and Skellige

Top Bottom