Faction Challenge has ended!

+
Faction Challenge has ended!

Faction Challenge has ended and the army of Northern Realms has won the battle!

Thank you all for participating!

As promised, during the upcoming weekend (from Friday, March 23rd to Monday, March 26th) first three cards that you will be able to add to your Arena decks will all belong to Northern Realms! What’s more, first choice of cards will be all gold, second will be silver, and third – bronze.

Last edited:
Close call this time. I actually thought Monsters would win by a small margin. Oh well.

I was actually sure NR would win after I saw how many players sided with them :p

Also, hello again 4RM3D. Nice Greatsword deck xD

Given the amount of Henselts I've seen I was quite confident NR would win. Although it is good to see it was much closer this time!

ser2440;n10702931 said:
Also, hello again 4RM3D. Nice Greatsword deck xD

Wait, what!? I don't remember playing against you. I was playing Monsters because of the faction challenge, but got bored and switched to Skellige.

4RM3D;n10702971 said:
Wait, what!? I don't remember playing against you. I was playing Monsters because of the faction challenge, but got bored and switched to Skellige.

You played Greatswords, I played the Voorhis spy deck, with Auckes and Spotters and Brigades :p I got a bricked Vicovaro and a Spotter into Sigrdrifa in the first round which costed me the game, even though I locked your ships later on xD All in all a nice match though :p

ser2440;n10703001 said:
You played Greatswords, I played the Voorhis spy deck, with Auckes and Spotters and Brigades :p I got a bricked Vicovaro and a Spotter into Sigrdrifa in the first round which costed me the game, even though I locked your ships later on xD All in all a nice match though :p

Ah, yes, now I remember. That was indeed a more unusual deck. That's why I can still recall it. Hmm, I should have paid more attention to the opponent's name, though.

devivre;n10703011 said:
I'd say Henselt secured the win for NR.

Yeah probably. I saw a lot of Armor in the closing days though. I guess Armor may not be too good but it's good against Deathwish's pesky archespores and Cyclop damage. Oddly enough I also saw some 40 card decks

Also, hello to you too :p I've played against 2 mods 3 times the last few days and you are both here xD

First one was my Voorhis spies versus your Crach Nova which I won. You won the rematch though, Elder Moonlight vs my more traditional Reveal deck :p

ser2440;n10703111 said:
Yeah probably. I saw a lot of Armor in the closing days though. I guess Armor may not be too good but it's good against Deathwish's pesky archespores and Cyclop damage. Oddly enough I also saw some 40 card decks

Also, hello to you too :p I've played against 2 mods 3 times the last few days and you are both here xD

First one was my Voorhis spies versus your Crach Nova which I won. You won the rematch though, Elder Moonlight vs my more traditional Reveal deck :p

Yeah, remember you totally caught me off card with that Voorhis spies deck - GG - I really wasn't expecting that mix :D

And yes, I noticed too, that NR Armor is pretty decent against Deathwish. And it seems okay against weather decks as well...

40 cards Foltest are not surprising though, since some of the popular streamers have been playing it quite a few times.

This just shows how stupid henselt really is, atleats it gave armor some time in the spotlight but something needs to be done about the henselt spamming and start support unused archetypes of monsters such as frost and moonlight and maby work a bit more on armor. Still Think the medic spam with foltest is one of the worst designs same with as bear and elf spam as it requires next to no tactic

Yay, got a whopping three wins during the challenge. :p

Congratulations to NR and its supporters. :D
Hope to see many DJ Extras in Arena drafts during the weekend. :cool:

4RM3D;n10702911 said:
Close call this time. I actually thought Monsters would win by a small margin. Oh well.

Nope. Too many Henselt.

But I don't care - was there for the MS border - got one at home and one at work, so it is a GG for me.

Eamalin1;n10703201 said:
... support unused archetypes of monsters such as frost and moonlight and maby work a bit more on armor...

WH Hounds, Foglets and Sirens can use a point buff. I'd also rework Foglets, as they are the reverse Hounds right now, but for some reason feel way weaker, like, feels more right to pull Frost with Hounds, but Foglets with Fog feels weird.

PS Screw Henselt.

Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt Henselt .

Gee, so sad to see this stupid challenge over with.

:rolleyes:

I was late to the challenge this time due to moving. I know the faction format had changed to wins. I only was able to play a few matches with northern realms this time. Is there any prize for the winning faction if you did not get 10+ wins?

Mancoon1980;n10703771 said:
I was late to the challenge this time due to moving. I know the faction format had changed to wins. I only was able to play a few matches with northern realms this time. Is there any prize for the winning faction if you did not get 10+ wins?

Yes, there is -> https://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/news-ab/10630531-new-faction-challenge-begins

"the winning faction will get guaranteed first 3 draft slots of Arena runs from Friday, March 23rd to Monday, March 26th!"

Not surprised. Behind Skellige, NR is the next play-and-forget faction. Spam machines and hope for the best. The faction being boring is why I haven't bothered with it yet. I really hope they do something interesting with NR, as I'd really like to play them.

Haven't bothered with this challenge, to be honest. Got 10 monster wins and haven't bothered anymore. NG-ST next?

Dominika;n10702581 said:
As promised, during the upcoming weekend (from Friday, March 23rd to Monday, March 26th) first three cards that you will be able to add to your Arena decks will all belong to Northern Realms!

I guess this is only for players who chose NR for the challenge, correct ?

DRK3

Forum veteran
Wowwww, cant believe i won my first faction challenge (participated in all of them), i actually chose NR because i thought they were the underdog and thought they were gonna lose...

Shame the reward for the winning faction isnt an actual reward to the players this time, more like a reward to the faction, but oh well, need to lose on some front everytime or else my reputation will be ruined.

Top Bottom