Faction Challenge — rewards distribution

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Faction Challenge — rewards distribution

Dear Gamers,

The first Faction Challenge has ended. I wanted to thank everyone who participated in the event and sent us their feedback. We’ve learned a lot and will do our best to make the next event more fun!

Northern Realms have won the Faction Challenge. As such, they should have rewarded its supporters with the Dijkstra premium card. This was not the case, however, and Northern Realms players participating in the Challenge received the Madman Lugos premium card instead. This isn’t something we intended to happen. That is why we decided to grant the Dijkstra premium card to all Northern Realms supporters on top of the Madman Lugos card they already received.

Since the winning side is getting twice the rewards, Skellige supporters are also getting twice the Meteorite Powder — the reward for the losing faction. If you were backing Skellige, expect to see an additional 100 Meteorite Powder added to your account the next time you log in to the game.

On behalf of the team, sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused!

Your friendly community guy,
Burza

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the moral compensation. Would be nice if next faction Challenge players would need to choose their faction immideatly at the start of the challenge or atleast doesn't know the current results.

Last edited:
PORECHKA;n9980661 said:
Thank you for the moral compensation. Would be nice if next faction Challenge players would need to choose their faction immediately at the start of the challenge or atleast doesn't know the current results.

The bold section is a likely solution :hatsoff:

Kegtron9000;n9980801 said:
The bold section is a likely solution :hatsoff:

What about players who don't log every day? If they forced to chose insta faction and they miss this day then what? They can't participate? It's bad solution imo

Kingoko;n9980901 said:
What about players who don't log every day? If they forced to chose insta faction and they miss this day then what? They can't participate? It's bad solution imo

No it's not. You could be forced to choose a faction prior to participating, also not displaying the faction that's leading / at least not displaying how much the faction is winning by. I don't think anyone is suggesting if you don't sign up on the day it begins that the event would lock anyone out perhaps I miss read.

It's only me, or it's doesnt bothers others? The challenge is was good, CDPR give us free stuffs, but the winners takes 2 gold card, and the loser faction gets 200 mpowder? I find it disturbing.

Wait a minute here, so when you played your first game with faction A, but than get bored or you didn't fell comfortable playing with it and switch to the other (or you want it to ~cheat), your results with faction B would not matter, cause when you chose faction A the first time, your choice was D-Shackled to that faction? Why was that not explain in a straight text if that was the case, cause I was left with the impression "play with both factions, but for the reward only your personal win rate with them will matter"? Than I would have played with SK (no matter how boring I find them), instead of losing my time playing with the one fun NR deck that I've built to enjoy the faction and maybe I would not spend so much time playing funny decks with ST and NG in Casual.

Jesus, guys.

jeah now i`m even more salty, like i knew i would lose from the beginning but i thought meh its just 1 premium Card( its hurts buts its bearable) for me its just bad reward-design.

Rewards should be given for skill or time investment not being part of a minority or majority, like it rewards players for jumping on the winning train, this isnt a challenge this is limiting playablity, and why didnt you just give us the Skellige Premium, and the Winner gets both, now i feel i would have lost 2 faction challenges.

Edit: Oh and before someone says: Why im crying over free stuff, how would you feel if the level 20 Reward would you just give you a rare, and everybody else gets a legendary, jeah doesent seems fair.

Last edited:
In my opinion the best solution for future faction challenges would be to give everyone a premium card of the faction, which wins. That way everyone can play with the faction they want without having to fear to miss a better reward.

I seriously don't ge the complaints. You knew what you were getting, you even knew who was going to win because the game actually made it public and easy to see. If you lost the golds, it's your fault. Simple as that.

That said i'd also rather see a change, for example in a SK vs NR you give to everyone the premium gold of the winning faction, so you don't see ton of NR in ladder.

BornBoring;n9982141 said:
In my opinion the best solution for future faction challenges would be to give everyone a premium card of the faction, which wins. That way everyone can play with the faction they want without having to fear to miss a better reward.

^This

I main Skellige and the reason I backed them instead of NR was because I wanted only Lugos or nothing and dont care about getting Dijkstra at all. Now I feel actually punished for playing the faction I main. If you gave Lugos on an accident to 70% players approx. then making it even would mean giving him to the Skellige backers as well but no. As a "sorry" I get another 100 mp instead of Lugos ? That is literally rubbing salt into the wound as mp is useless imo (I rarely even notice the animated cards unlike golds in HS or ESL).
I mean I was completely fine with passing up Dijkstra in exchange for playing the faction I like to play but this is absurd, even more because I really need Lugos for a deck. Feel so salty as to quit atm.
Very nice "challenge" (Look up who is winning and join them lvl difficulty), Thank You

now I feel bad for leeching on to NR for a last minute one win.

please give a Premium to the poor Skellige warriors too!

the intent to compensate is very nice, but an accidental premium to one side should be a bonus premium to the other side too.

Top Bottom