Faction Challenge: Scenarios

+
Is that why SY has no starter deck and new players need to invest resources first to build any SY deck?
They very clearly said, on a video or stream prior to the Novigrad expansion, that Syndicate was never supposed to be a faction for new players. So, it's intentional.

They very clearly said, on a video or stream prior to the Novigrad expansion, that Syndicate was never supposed to be a faction for new players. So, it's intentional.
Yes, they said that, and that is the reason why not all players have possibility to play that faction (= SY will probably be at the very end of any faction challenge).

I get how this xp boost flip is is good for some and the game overall, and I’m all for supporting less popular factions. It’s just a bit annoying when I chose NG to try and get in the top tier for the so boost, yet hardly ever play and them (did all the challenges as NR or ST)
/vent

rrc

Forum veteran
Yes, they said that, and that is the reason why not all players have possibility to play that faction (= SY will probably be at the very end of any faction challenge).
IIRC SY has won challenges before when they were strong. Now they are just super sh**ty to play and the weakest faction. I am positive that that is the reason SY got the last position; not because of the lack of starter decks.

Now, I think whit more power the idea of inverse rewards is great! A lot of people plays now Sindicate in ranked and we can see more variety of decks.

I absolutely agree. Before this people would just spam whatever was strongest for the given season and you'd end up having seasons where the vast majority of decks were not only the same faction but the same deck.
Now at least you have some motivation for people to try decks which are a bit or a lot off the seasonal fashion.

Now this is very much just a band aid, as both the skellige and the syndicate faction fared significantly worse than the others (especially syndicate which as a control faction relies on having the right amount of control to win matches and is therefore badly affected by all the enemy units being boosted).
But still a small fix is better than no fix at all. And this was a good idea for a small fix.

Top Bottom