Faction Challenge: Unexpected Allies

+

With the sixth faction entering GWENT battlegrounds, some unexpected alliances have been forged… which one will turn out to be the strongest?

In this month’s challenge, you will be choosing not one, but two factions to support: Skellige & Monsters, Scoia’tael & Nilfgaard, or Northern Realms & Syndicate. Factions whose supporters complete the most quests during the challenge will claim victory, granting benefits to all players for a limited time:
  • a chance to stock up on faction Card Kegs in Shupe's Shop
  • +50% bonus XP when playing as the winning factions in any game mode (and +40%/+30% for the second/third place factions!)

The Challenge will last until Wednesday, July 24th, 12 PM (noon) CEST.

––––––––––––

How to participate?
  1. Log in to the game.
  2. Select the factions you wish to support via the Faction Challenge popup or the Quests tab:
    • Skellige & Monsters
    • Scoia’ael & Nilfgaard
    • Northern Realms & Syndicate
  3. Play games* and complete special quests to earn rewards: Faction Kegs and Reward Points.

* Games played or won before committing to a specific team will not count toward your challenge progress.
* Only games played in Seasonal and Classic modes will count toward you challenge progress – you will not be able to complete quests via friend challenges or in the Arena.

Off-topic, but this image really shows how MO and SY colors are similar, either here or on the faction markers on the cards placed on the board... Unless CD Projekt keeps orange for Ofier/Zerrikania, I wonder why just not to make SY colors more orange than red, like on their basic cardback.

DRK3

Forum veteran
One question: will he have challenge progress for both factions we choose on the contracts section? Or will this faction challenge not even help in the contracts regarding challenges?

Also, funny to see NR and SY paired up, the weakest and strongest faction, at least they balance each other i guess...

I don't remember if I saw it answered before but are the points in the final count adjusted to the number of supporters or is it mainly the number of supporters that makes victory?

Shouldn't Skellige and Syndicate be a team, since they were not originally (Witcher 3 prior to B&W) in the game unlike the other four? :p

Might be too strong a team, though.

One question: will he have challenge progress for both factions we choose on the contracts section? Or will this faction challenge not even help in the contracts regarding challenges?
For me my first quest was to play rounds with Skellige. Once complete the "Supporting Skellige" contract progressed.
Then for the second quest it was to play rounds with Monsters. Once complete the "Supporting Monsters" contract progressed.
So it seems to progress the relevant faction based on the quest.
I'm not sure what's going to happen with the 3rd quest though, as it is play 60 cards with Monsters, as well as play 60 cards with Skellige. Will it progress both factions contract? That's for another day for me to find out.

I wish these threads were created BEFORE the event starts. When I logged in yesterday it popped up to choice who I wanted for the team up. I immediately came to the forum to read up on what the details were, any thoughts yet about the match ups, questions being asked, etc. so I could make a more educated guess on who to pick but there was no thread, no news announcement, no details on it. I just had to go by what was on the screen. Minor, but would have been nice if the developers posted to the forum the news article/discussion thread before or when it goes live.

DRK3

Forum veteran
For me my first quest was to play rounds with Skellige. Once complete the "Supporting Skellige" contract progressed.
Then for the second quest it was to play rounds with Monsters. Once complete the "Supporting Monsters" contract progressed.
So it seems to progress the relevant faction based on the quest.
I'm not sure what's going to happen with the 3rd quest though, as it is play 60 cards with Monsters, as well as play 60 cards with Skellige. Will it progress both factions contract? That's for another day for me to find out.

Oh so that's what happened. I assumed all quests would count for both factions, but your explanation makes more sense. I did 3 quests and checked SY and said 2 quests, which supports your theory. Havent checked SK contract because already have all SK Trinkets but i can check.

Oh so that's what happened. I assumed all quests would count for both factions, but your explanation makes more sense. I did 3 quests and checked SY and said 2 quests, which supports your theory. Havent checked SK contract because already have all SK Trinkets but i can check.
So I just completed my 3rd quest, and it progressed both the SK and MO contract, which makes sense I reckon. Thus so far it's working as I would expect.

You can cancel this first selection and decide later by using quest menu.

I don't have enough time to play this often enough, that would ruin my progress in the quests. I can barely complete all the quests for one faction let alone multiple. To many other games to play right now.

Top Bottom