Faction Challenge: Year of the Wererat Abilities

+
This statement makes little sense. You choose the faction at the start of the challenge. The game treats that you support that faction. Then you receive the reward according to how well your chosen faction did overall, but not depending on which other decks you played during this week.
The XP Bonus is the same for everyone and changes with the Faction you're playing after the challenge ended, you can support Nilfgaard during the Challenge and after the challenge has ended you can switch to one of the losing factions for a better XP reward.

Nunc

Forum regular
granting benefits to all players for a limited time

All you need to know is right there in the post: everybody will get the XP boosts. Don't expect to change the outcome with your participation alone, so just play for the title you want:

MO: Insatiable
NG: Imposter
NR: Peasant Leader
ST: Armorsmith
SK: Dead Man
SY: Prepper

As for...

It seems that CD Projekt RED not only need better coders (after the recent bug-infested update), they may need some better communicators too who can detail their events more clearly!

The replies you got from people in this forum aren't from people who work at CDPR. It's not about having "good" or "bad" coders, all games have many issues after each patch. All games have unpatched issues for years. Just chill.

In short - when you chose which faction you want to represent you choose;
1) To which faction's success you want your quests to go to
2) which QUEST rewards you want to get. Usually it's just which card barrel you want to get and which faction challenge contract you want to get progress towards. On a few occassions like this, there's a title to choose as well.

Everyone gets ALL the xp rewards at the end of the event. Meaning you'll get to enjoy the 1st place faction's xp reward, 2nd, 3rd and so on. Not just the faction that you chose.

I hope you are right, and your answer makes the most sense. However, are you seeing these answers from other people (such as the guy below that I'm quoting)... Why are they making it sound like I have to pick the losing / weakest faction right NOW?

Are you 100% sure about your answer?

Hi, are you sure about your answer? It's completely different to the guy above. You are saying I have to pick the faction NOW that will come 5th or 6th in this event, THEN I'll be able to get the XP boost.

Who is right? You can't both be right.

Of course I can just wait until next week to find out... But dammit, I'm quite frustrated by this confusion tonight. It seems that CD Projekt RED not only need better coders (after the recent bug-infested update), they may need some better communicators too who can detail their events more clearly!

My original post was simply a suggestion. Pick the least played faction (since they will my most likely lose the challenge and get the most XP next week). Everyone will get between %10 and %75 XP boost NEXT week AFTER the challenge ends. Just pick a faction you like or enjoy playing, play with them and see what XP boost you get. Its no surprise that SK, ST and NG have arguably the worst new leader abilities, at least, the fewests played abilities, SK being the worst probably. If no one plays that faction, it will come in last, thus they will get the higest XP boost next week. (Not guaranteed but pretty safe bet).

Mate, you posted a long text and I see you are confused. In short, I analysed the input and output of those challenges.

"who won most games" and who completed the most quests is nearly identical, can't you see? People favour certain strong decks, so consequentially their sheer numbers will define the total count.

About the rewards: the reward is given based on how your chosen faction performed this week. Let's say you picked SY today and it will be on the 6th place at the end of this week. Then you will get 75% boost next week for any deck you're going to play in any mode (at least that's how it was before).

Yeah, it's confusing, since different people are saying different things.

I'm neutral about it. I just want to know how it works. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

It's just that if it works in the way you've described it, I don't think it encourages people to play other factions (which you were saying as a benefit). If I supported NG and got my 10%, I'll just be like *meh* and keep playing NG to keep winning, rather than switch to a weaker faction and LOSE MORE GAMES and still be getting a measly 10% XP boost, you know what I'm saying?

That's one of the reasons why the other explanation makes more sense. This little "competition" is mostly just for fun, and let's people see which factions are the most popular / strongest, and which factions are the neglected / weakest. Then afterward, everyone is encouraged to play more of the "losing" factions for the greater XP boost, because the rewards are actually for everyone, which I hope is true.

I mean, you could still be right, and I wouldn't mind -- just miss out on a bigger reward for a week, no big deal. But I guess we'll find out for sure in a week's time.

rrc

Forum veteran
MO: Insatiable
NG: Imposter
NR: Peasant Leader
ST: Armorsmith
SK: Dead Man
SY: Prepper

This is a copy of user Bojerbela's post on another thread. The Dead Man title has been confirmed so the rest might be accurate as well.
Assuming they are; I'm really glad I didn't go for the NR one.

Damn it, I clicked ST by instinct without realizing about the tittle. Mahakam Forge is not only the junkest and weakest leader in the set, even the title for MF is the most uninteresting. Every single title is better than MF's. If given a chance to choose a title, I would have gone for NR or SK.

All you need to know is right there in the post: everybody will get the XP boosts. Don't expect to change the outcome with your participation alone, so just play for the title you want:

The replies you got from people in this forum aren't from people who work at CDPR. It's not about having "good" or "bad" coders, all games have many issues after each patch. All games have unpatched issues for years. Just chill.

I know I'm not talking to the devs, dude. I'm just saying that when people read the event description and come up with all sorts of differing interpretations, then perhaps they may want to think about providing clearer written communication. But I know they're Polish, so I'll it slide. :p

Coding and making games are hard, I know. But look, carelessness is still a factor that can be improved while they work. And the devs themselves have said that they aim to improve, so obviously they're not exactly happy with their recent performance too. So I ain't complaining, as I wish that they achieve their goal with the resources that they have. That is all.
Post automatically merged:

In short - when you chose which faction you want to represent you choose;
1) To which faction's success you want your quests to go to
2) which QUEST rewards you want to get. Usually it's just which card barrel you want to get and which faction challenge contract you want to get progress towards. On a few occassions like this, there's a title to choose as well.

Everyone gets ALL the xp rewards at the end of the event. Meaning you'll get to enjoy the 1st place faction's xp reward, 2nd, 3rd and so on. Not just the faction that you chose.

Thanks, I think this is as clear as it gets for now.

And since you're a "senior user", I'm inclined to believe you know best what you're talking about.

What a relief. I can go to sleep now.

Hopefully tide will turn and more people will start choosing Syndicate after reading this post. I was planning to purchase the Syndicate faction pack to try out that faction since last week, didn't read carefully on the XP boost rewards prior to choosing faction challenge, if not it will be a double win for my faction decision gaining more XP next week. Sad.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Faction challenges have been around since the betas, and back then, the dev team tried several iterations, starting with one where only the winners would get rewards, so everyone was worried with their choice and the results never felt right.

Then they changed to something where both the winner and loser got rewards, but the winner got slightly better rewards.

Now, there simply isnt any rewards for the winner or loser, except XP bonus, so my recommendation is to play whatever faction you like or according to the contracts you want to complete. Then when it ends, you can take advantage of the bonus XP by playing the factions that scored the lowest in the challenge. No need to worry with non-problems :shrug:

Everybody will receive those 1-2-3-4-5 keys for progressing in the faction challenge. In a week's time the game will count who won most games (it will be NG) and players who supported that faction will get the least experience in the following week during playing in any mode.

Since you can get the challenge reward by playing any faction it makes sense to play the weakest faction. You will get a massive XP boost for the following week. And in the process you will bring so much needed diversity by playing less popular factions.

Are you sure about this? My understanding is different. I understand it to mean in the following weak the exp boost will apply to factions based on ranking. I.e if ST is 6th place then playing ST gets you 75% for as long as the bonus lasts. Likewise, if NG is rank 1 then playing NG during that week only Nets you 10%. In other words, the boost applies to everyone who plays the factions going forward and has nothing to do with which faction you selected. It applies on a per game basis for a period of time which I am guessing is a week.
Can someone please confirm?

In this month’s challenge, you will be choosing from one of the 6 factions and their newest abilities. Faction whose supporters complete the most quests during the challenge will claim victory, granting benefits to all players for a limited time:

+10% bonus XP when playing as the top 2 factions

+35% bonus XP when playing the third and fourth place faction

+75% bonus XP when playing the 5th and sixth faction

The Challenge will last until May 19, 2020 at noon CEST.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to participate?

Select the faction you wish to support via the Faction Challenge popup or the Quests tab.

Play games* and complete special quests to earn rewards!

* Games played or won before committing to a specific team will not count toward your challenge progress.

* Only games played in Seasonal and Classic modes will count toward you challenge progress – you will not be able to complete quests via friend challenges or in the Arena.
Time to loose in a Blaze of Glory:cool:

That is correct. Everyone will receive the same bonus after the faction challenge based on the overall ranking (total wins) during the faction challenge.
This is my first FC since 2019, can you confirm the bonus usually lasts a week?

That is correct. Everyone will receive the same bonus after the faction challenge based on the overall ranking (total wins) during the faction challenge.
Are you sure this is correct? Judging from the description of the article it says :
Faction whose supporters complete the most quests during the challenge will claim victory
so in my understanding it is not the total wins that defines the winner but the total of quests completed per faction.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Are you sure this is correct? Judging from the description of the article it says :

so in my understanding it is not the total wins that defines the winner but the total of quests completed per faction.

It is the total number of quests that counts. In the past it was the number of wins, quite simply because there were no quests. 4RM3D probably knows this too, but didnt notice his mistake when he was writing that response.

It is the total number of quests that counts. In the past it was the number of wins, quite simply because there were no quests. 4RM3D probably knows this too, but didnt notice his mistake when he was writing that response.

I haven't played the new faction challenge, but in the old one the last quest was repeatable, which required 5 wins. So, number of quests is basically the number of wins for everyone that went +5.

Top Bottom