Faction Challenge: Year of the Wererat Abilities

+

In this month’s challenge, you will be choosing from one of the 6 factions and their newest abilities. Faction whose supporters complete the most quests during the challenge will claim victory, granting benefits to all players for a limited time:

+10% bonus XP when playing as the top 2 factions

+35% bonus XP when playing the third and fourth place faction

+75% bonus XP when playing the 5th and sixth faction

The Challenge will last until May 19, 2020 at noon CEST.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to participate?

Select the faction you wish to support via the Faction Challenge popup or the Quests tab.

Play games* and complete special quests to earn rewards!

* Games played or won before committing to a specific team will not count toward your challenge progress.

* Only games played in Seasonal and Classic modes will count toward you challenge progress – you will not be able to complete quests via friend challenges or in the Arena.

Last edited:

Guest 4395314

Just played one game with Uprising in unranked classic mode and supporting NR, no progression....

Finished 5 quests, 0 points for the faction and 0 progress on the faction contract. Nice job.
Maybe they mean daily quests completed during the challenge? I have completed all faction challenges but in the contract quests it counted only 2...

What's the point of trying to be on the winning faction if the 5th/6th factions get the highest XP bonus of 75%?
The point is to NOT see everyone playing Nilfgaard.
As i understand, the logic is this: if you want an easy win and play the strongest deck you get the least XP as a challenge reward. Which kinda makes sense.

Oh dear, I've selected the faction before reading the rewards clearly. Can I opt to reselect faction and start all over forfeiting the RP i've gained?

Should have picked Syndicate.

The point is to NOT see everyone playing Nilfgaard.
As i understand, the logic is this: if you want an easy win and play the strongest deck you get the least XP as a challenge reward. Which kinda makes sense.

Okay, but what do you get for actually winning?

I've never entered into a competition where the aim is to be losing so you get the most reward...

Okay, but what do you get for actually winning?

I've never entered into a competition where the aim is to be losing so you get the most reward...
Everybody will receive those 1-2-3-4-5 keys for progressing in the faction challenge. In a week's time the game will count who won most games (it will be NG) and players who supported that faction will get the least experience in the following week during playing in any mode.

Since you can get the challenge reward by playing any faction it makes sense to play the weakest faction. You will get a massive XP boost for the following week. And in the process you will bring so much needed diversity by playing less popular factions.

MO: Insatiable
NG: Imposter
NR: Peasant Leader
ST: Armorsmith
SK: Dead Man
SY: Prepper

This is a copy of user Bojerbela's post on another thread. The Dead Man title has been confirmed so the rest might be accurate as well.
Assuming they are; I'm really glad I didn't go for the NR one.

Everybody will receive those 1-2-3-4-5 keys for progressing in the faction challenge. In a week's time the game will count who won most games (it will be NG) and players who supported that faction will get the least experience in the following week during playing in any mode.

Since you can get the challenge reward by playing any faction it makes sense to play the weakest faction. You will get a massive XP boost for the following week. And in the process you will bring so much needed diversity by playing less popular factions.

Have you gone through an event like this before and seen how it works? Because it's not really making sense.

The game doesn't count "who won most games" to determine the winner. It clearly says that it calculates the number of quests completed. And out of all the quests only the last one has to do with winning; even so, winning 3 games isn't hard no matter which faction you're playing.

And secondly, you can only complete quests for the faction you've chosen. People choose what they like. It doesn't mean that the most popular one automatically equates to it being the strongest. (Although this point can be argued to an extent.)

But lastly, and most importantly, you say that the rewards are given AFTER this event is over. Okay, sure, that's fine. So if I happen to choose Syndicate now, and they finish last, then next week I'll of course be happy to continue playing Syndicate and enjoy my 75% XP boost.

However, if I chose Nilfgaard, and they come first, I'll get 10%. Am I not stuck with that 10% because of my choice before? How does that encourage me to play Syndicate next week? How does that help diversity if I don't have the 75% boost because I didn't choose Syndicate this week?

What am I missing here?

Have you gone through an event like this before and seen how it works? Because it's not really making sense.

The game doesn't count "who won most games" to determine the winner. It clearly says that it calculates the number of quests completed. And out of all the quests only the last one has to do with winning; even so, winning 3 games isn't hard no matter which faction you're playing.

And secondly, you can only complete quests for the faction you've chosen. People choose what they like. It doesn't mean that the most popular one automatically equates to it being the strongest. (Although this point can be argued to an extent.)

But lastly, and most importantly, you say that the rewards are given AFTER this event is over. Okay, sure, that's fine. So if I happen to choose Syndicate now, and they finish last, then next week I'll of course be happy to continue playing Syndicate and enjoy my 75% XP boost.

However, if I chose Nilfgaard, and they come first, I'll get 10%. Am I not stuck with that 10% because of my choice before? How does that encourage me to play Syndicate next week? How does that help diversity if I don't have the 75% boost because I didn't choose Syndicate this week?

What am I missing here?
The XP bonus counts for everyone playing the "weakest" Factions after the challenge is over doesn't matter if you supported them or not during the challenge.

Must be a bug. They usually count.

You can submit a ticket to support with all the information you provided in this post, they took about a week to fix my issue with contracts/rewards not populating. The devs will actually get your request via this method. Link below.

Post automatically merged:

What am I missing here?

Generally, if you want the most XP boost, pick the weakest faction that you know will come in last. i.e, SK ST or NG for this one seem like they will be in the bottom spots. NR and SY will take the top places so if you want more XP after the challenge, pick accordingly. I picked NR to complete the contract not the XP.

The XP bonus counts for everyone playing the "weakest" Factions after the challenge is over doesn't matter if you supported them or not during the challenge.
This statement makes little sense. You choose the faction at the start of the challenge. The game treats that you support that faction. Then you receive the reward according to how well your chosen faction did overall, but not depending on which other decks you played during this week.
Say, you can choose MO, not play any games as MO and you will still receive the reward for MO.

Post automatically merged:

What am I missing here?
Mate, you posted a long text and I see you are confused. In short, I analysed the input and output of those challenges.

"who won most games" and who completed the most quests is nearly identical, can't you see? People favour certain strong decks, so consequentially their sheer numbers will define the total count.

About the rewards: the reward is given based on how your chosen faction performed this week. Let's say you picked SY today and it will be on the 6th place at the end of this week. Then you will get 75% boost next week for any deck you're going to play in any mode (at least that's how it was before).

Last edited:

I hope you are right, and your answer makes the most sense. However, are you seeing these answers from other people (such as the guy below that I'm quoting)... Why are they making it sound like I have to pick the losing / weakest faction right NOW?

Are you 100% sure about your answer?

Generally, if you want the most XP boost, pick the weakest faction that you know will come in last. i.e, SK ST or NG for this one seem like they will be in the bottom spots. NR and SY will take the top places so if you want more XP after the challenge, pick accordingly. I picked NR to complete the contract not the XP.

Hi, are you sure about your answer? It's completely different to the guy above. You are saying I have to pick the faction NOW that will come 5th or 6th in this event, THEN I'll be able to get the XP boost.

Who is right? You can't both be right.

Of course I can just wait until next week to find out... But dammit, I'm quite frustrated by this confusion tonight. It seems that CD Projekt RED not only need better coders (after the recent bug-infested update), they may need some better communicators too who can detail their events more clearly!

It doesn't matter what faction you choose since there is no boost XP during the challenge. It only matters once the challenge is over and there is xp boost according to the faction placement.

Top Bottom