Faction Challenges are here!

+
I like the idea of this, but NR faction needs some revision; SK is so OP it'll mostly wipe the floor with NR.

Can anyone help me with a cheap NR deck? I can't win a single game.
@CPDR do rounds count??? As in I can usually win round two when they pass...

NR Deck? Sure ! Put Dijkstra, shani, stanis 3x that buffin unit and 3x that unit comn from deck with same str, the rest put anything and you good :p

RJDJ;n9942191 said:
Can anyone help me with a cheap NR deck? I can't win a single game.
@CPDR do rounds count??? As in I can usually win round two when they pass...
You can check this deck RJDJ.
And I think that only win games count, not rounds.

Let's continue this deck strategy discussion in Tactician's Corner :) Thank you.

If there are no other suitable topics available, this one could do the trick. Or maybe this one?

I think people are siding with NR because they are winning and that is why NR lead is getting even wider. I would like to see a mechanics were losing faction has a chance to catch up. Like maybe a x2 win count for a limited time. So losing faction can come back.

Riven-Twain;n9941761 said:
As I understand it, only your win-rate as Northern Realms matters. (You can view how many victories you've gained for each faction in your in-game profile,
Well, the in-game profile shows my winrate since the start of gwent right? But this event counts for one week. I've got 392 wins with SK but recently I switched to NR with only 89 wins. According to the profile, I am still the SK supporter even if I play only NR during the event? (It's impossible to overcome that 392 wins that I have got with SK before).

Riven-Twain;n9941761 said:
if the Northern Realms' supporters win the challenge itself, then those with the qualifying ratio of victories as NR will gain the premium prize.

It is possible to be more specific about the "qualifying ratio of victories as NR" (or SK)? I have invested all my scraps to NG deck and therefore my NR and SK are pretty weak. So if it would be more then 20 wins it would be for new players like me really tough to achieve so many wins with weak deck within one week.

Well, the in-game profile shows my winrate since the start of gwent right? But this event counts for one week. I've got 392 wins with SK but recently I switched to NR with only 89 wins. According to the profile, I am still the SK supporter even if I play only NR during the event? (It's impossible to overcome that 392 wins that I have got with SK before).

Nope. Like you said, it's only for this week :) so the rest of your SK victories don't count, what matters is how many times you win with each faction during this week only. Unfortunately, no real way to view that. But you should have a rough idea, the event is only 2 days up as of now :)

Here are my expectation form CDPR for the end of the event and some informations that should have been clarified :

- When they say "Select one of the warring factions" is it in ranking play only or both casual and ranked play ?

- At the end of this fun and interesting event, I really would like to see some kind of leaderboard with the number of wins of each player, just like the actual ranking leaderboard but just for the event. That could show us how much your investment as contributed to your faction score.

Know lets play FOR SKELLIGE'S GLORYYYYYY ! :)

Also, the score bar on playgwent.com shouldn't have the kind of arrow making think that NR (or SK) is currently winning more than the other one. Just a neutral bar that say who's winning shoud be better I think.

I don't really like how the best tactic to actually win a card is to play ANY other faction, wait till the end and then play one faction that seems to be winning near the end...So In order to Win the WAR is to NOT to take part in BATTLES... The whole idea is great but I think you should re-think the victory-reward path.

pthieu1986;n9942791 said:
Well, the in-game profile shows my winrate since the start of gwent right?
Yes, that should be correct.
pthieu1986;n9942791 said:
I've got 392 wins with SK but recently I switched to NR with only 89 wins. According to the profile, I am still the SK supporter even if I play only NR during the event?
In this case, I believe you would be a Skellige supporter, no matter what.

Bel_Garion_I;n9943851 said:
It is possible to be more specific about the "qualifying ratio of victories as NR" (or SK)?
As I understand it, whichever faction has a higher ratio of victories in your profile will be the one with which you will be associated at the end of the challenge.

As I understand it, whichever faction has a higher ratio of victories in your profile will be the one with which you will be associated at the end of the challenge.

Nope, as clarified in the second page of this thread, only the wins during this week count. Doesn't matter if you have 300 SK wins and 2 NR wins normally, if the NR wins are during this week and you haven't had any victory as SK while the challenge is up, you are an NR supporter. See here ;) https://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/news-ab/9928571-faction-challenges-are-here/page2

ser2440;n9946221 said:
Nope, as clarified in the second page of this thread, only the wins during this week count. Doesn't matter if you have 300 SK wins and 2 NR wins normally, if the NR wins are during this week and you haven't had any victory as SK while the challenge is up, you are an NR supporter. See here ;) https://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/news-ab/9928571-faction-challenges-are-here/page2
You mean Dominika 's reply?
Dominika;n9932201 said:
The Challenge lasts for one week, and only the wins from that period of time will count!
Hmm. Still seems a bit ambiguous to me, but I can always be wrong. If so, apologies for the misinformation!

Interface def needs more feedback. Too many players not sure if they're entered, which side they're on, how many wins they have, etc. etc.

Top Bottom