Faction Challenges are here!

+
True, i played NR but i think cause there was bug from CDPR distibuting cards i think SK players should get Lugos too

RVG1926;n9976991 said:
Well, i didn't play NR. I played Skellige because i wanted to help me and Skellige players to get Madman Lugos. I knew from the 2nd day that swaping to NR could get an easy Dijsktra. But i wanted Lugos and not Dijsktra and that's why i kept playing skellige and tried my best to get skellige wins. (Wasn't this the purpose of the war event? To try and win your faction's premium gold?) Well, those who played the event this way(the way it was meant to be), they got punished.
Yes. The purpose of the event was to TRY and win with your chosen faction. There was going to be only 3 possible outcomes for your faction. Either a win, a loss or a draw(most unlikely). And how is the event meant to be played? Even in pitched battle people jump sides all the time. It's annoying but it happens. Just like a lot of people netdecked SK bran the previous patch (and still do) and were racking in win after win. If SK had won the battle would you even let a whimper for NR in forums?

I intentionally held out to the last day to play Skellige or NR, I don't feel dirty for this either, as I was almost going to join the losing faction just for the powder because I assumed that the reward would be a singular premium value card that could be of common, rare, epic or legendary value (by random) and I was thinking my odds of getting a legendary or epic in that regard would be low. I guess you just know better for next time if they run this event, I'm sure for some people even if they lost, they had fun trying to crush their enemy but maybe there should have been some trick condition to it like to qualify for the reward you must crush your opponent with the selected faction 3x in a row, instead of having a global popularity contest being the factor, I don't know if you've ever played an amazingly fun game called planetside 2 but in that game its like 100v20 on some maps and your presence is almost never impactful.

Actually, the solution is really, really simple. Just don't say who is winning during the competition. That way you don't get people joining whichever faction is winning.

EDIT: I had a rather interesting idea earlier. If you look at this thread, everyone predicted an SK win. Yet NR ended up winning fairly comfortably. What I was wondering was is this because NR players were better / NR is the stronger faction or was it precisely because everyone thought SK would win? Look at it this way, everyone wants to be on the winning side but the majority of people are running one of the other three factions. So many people had to make a SK or NR deck for the first time (or at least the first time for a few patches). Most of the people who did so would make a deck for the faction they thought would win, which for most people appears to be SK.

So the situation at the start of the challenge is that SK has a large number of people playing it who are unfamiliar with SK decks, while NR is mainly people who usually play NR anyway.

I'm probably overestimating this effect but I wonder if those of you who switched to SK experienced a much lower win rate than usual.

Last edited:
Karajorma

I think that it's just the fact that more people played NR than SK, especially since one point onward - at the very least I've had at least 2 NR for every SK out there since the War began. And those SK decks were 75% the last meta Bran deck, 15% Cursed and everything else a mish-mash.

And three days in everybody saw that NR was holding a steady lead and it was done.

PS I guess I've been given the MP (judging by my account at work, which is having both cards), which is ridiculous, cause I did had more wins with NR than with SK, just be sheer percentage of games played.

On this topic - why does the losing side took 100 MP while the winning got two Premium Cards? Wouldn't it be more fair if the SK players got one Premium and the NR the two? I am actually starting to feel really salty about this, the more I write on the topic, which is stupid, but the situation is preposterous.

Last edited:
Oh i played some matchmaking and ranked game as Skellige but i got nothing?
Anyone is in the same situation? :(
Feelsbadman

partci;n9979241 said:
I think that it's just the fact that more people played NR than SK, especially since one point onward - at the very least I've had at least 2 NR for every SK out there since the War began. And those SK decks were 75% the last meta Bran deck, 15% Cursed and everything else a mish-mash.

And three days in everybody saw that NR was holding a steady lead and it was done.

That's still a pretty interesting outcome then, cause it means that the effect I mentioned wasn't enough to change the outcome. Which basically means that even people who don't usually play NR can play well enough to win games using it.

Karajorma;n9978751 said:
Look at it this way, everyone wants to be on the winning side but the majority of people are running one of the other three factions. So many people had to make a SK or NR deck for the first time (or at least the first time for a few patches).
I have to say you are entirely wrong on that assumption. It's like partci said, there are more people playing NR, and it's not because of the event. The faction challenge started on Dec 4th, yet NR was still the most played faction and was dominating the scene above 4k MMR before it. You can check the Gwent Up report from Nov 25th to Dec 1st here: REPORT.

So you can see two major factors that contributed to NR winning the event:
  1. NR is a really strong and competitive faction;
  2. NR is the most popular faction.
Below is a summary of the factions' popularity for the report mentioned (11/25 ~ 12/01):
---------------------------------------
Match-ups1002940
---------------------------------------
FactionPopularity
Monsters19%
Nilfgaard21%
Northern Realms25%
Scoia'tael16%
Skellige20%

Last edited:
devivre;n9984781 said:
Did you win matches with SK? If yes, please contact support and let them know that you have not received any reward yet.
https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

I got this answer :
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Since you backed Skellige in the Faction Challenge your reward is 200 Meteorite Powder. There was no special notification that the rewards were granted, but you can find the Meteorite Powder in your inventory.

Best regards,

Michał of White Orchard

It's totally unfair

Yeah, I've never bothered with GwentUp. I was basing things on the oft repeated comment I saw on the earlier pages that SK would win.

devivre;n9988071 said:
So you did get the reward after all. I understand your disappointment but for now it's just m. powder for SK.

Yes i thought everyone got two premium card but me XD
miunderstanding
it's fine Skelligeeeeeeeeee Forever !

Top Bottom