Faction Leader didn't Unlock

+
Hello everyone!
This is the only forum I'm allowed to post as a new user but I think the subject fits pretty well. I'm not entirely sure though, if this is gameplay or technical related. Anyhow:
I unlocked Cleaver as my Syndicate leader with Scraps, but in the Syndicate reward book, he is not unlocked. I'm talking about the 5 point end of the tree node which gives you Cleaver. Is this intended? If so, what happens if I progress through that tree and unlock the Cleaver node in the reward book as well?

It has been that way since the start of Homecoming.
As I haven't unlocked any of the leaders that I crafted yet, I can't say what happens then.

I had that with SC leaders that i got for scraps way back. I don't remember for sure but either nothing happens when you get the leader via the tree (other than you get his sub tree unlocked) or you get a second copy that you can scrap.

Oh, wow! I forgot about the sub tree. Well that makes sense, why it doesn't automatically unlock. I managed to gather up quite a nice chunk of rewards points while grinding Season of the Griffin quests. Glad I asked about this before spending them, I might just pay ol' Cleaver a visit. Thanks for the help fellas!

@Rammyp Thanks, that saved me a disappointment of epic proportions!

Last edited:
Before you spend the points keep in mind SY leaders trees aren't yet implemented into the game, ofc they will be in the future but idk when.

Hi All
Enjoying the game, but struggling to work out how to unlock the new leader abilities. I have amassed alot of reward points. I have unlocked the tree for Eldain, in the Thronebreaker reward tab but there is no card or ability opened up in the deck builder. How on earth do you get Eldain or any of these new leaders?? It says unlocked, but there is no change!

Hi All
Enjoying the game, but struggling to work out how to unlock the new leader abilities. I have amassed alot of reward points. I have unlocked the tree for Eldain, in the Thronebreaker reward tab but there is no card or ability opened up in the deck builder. How on earth do you get Eldain or any of these new leaders?? It says unlocked, but there is no change!
On the main screen, to the right of your deck is a picture of your leader. Click that and select the one that you want to use. Keep in mind that certain leaders may only be used by certain factions. Eldain, for instance, can only be used on Scoia'tel decks.

Sorry, if I am being dim. Does this refer to the ability to change leader skins? I can do that OK, to change the cosmetic look of the leader. I am trying to equip the ability that allows the leader Eldain to transform spent traps... as a start! This is what I am struggling to find, the leader ability.
Thanks for your help.

Sorry, if I am being dim. Does this refer to the ability to change leader skins? I can do that OK, to change the cosmetic look of the leader. I am trying to equip the ability that allows the leader Eldain to transform spent traps... as a start! This is what I am struggling to find, the leader ability.
Thanks for your help.
I've never heard of that ability, but all deck abilities are equipped when constructing your deck inside the editor (top left). There should be 7 different ones to choose from, and they're all automatically unlocked when you first create your Gwent account.

Thanks for your help.

The ability you describe existed in open beta, it doesn't any longer, it is called Deadeye Ambush and rather than transforming traps into elf tokens you right out spawn the tokens now. And leader abilities have nothing to do with leader skins. Leader skins you can (among other places) unlock in the reward book. Leader abilities are available to everyone simply through the deckbuilder, you don't need to unlock them. There are 7 leader abilities in total per faction right now

Ah, that makes sense. I must have looked at some old tutorials! Thankyou all. I have Dead eye ambush which is OK. Although for an ambush, you can see it coming from 5 miles away!

Top Bottom