Faction Specific Kegs/Packs

+
Faction Specific Kegs/Packs

due to the very large card pool, and the overwhelming majority of cards being faction-specific, it feels quite nightmarish to acquire a few key common/rare cards... even if you get them at a consistent rate, the sheer size of the card pool makes it very unlikely to pull the ones you want from a pack; and milling cards from other factions (which you might want later) feels terrible... especially since the mill/craft ratio is very bad for commons and rares. (not to mention those key epics which every deck needs...)

IMO it would be very nice (especially for newish players) to have "faction packs", which may only contain neutral cards and cards for that specific faction... of course, it would be justifiable if those packs had a higher price (150-200 ore) due to their efficiency...

then again, we still have no information on the solo content and its rewards, so the whole thing might be a moot point... anyway, just dropping my two cents.

Its actually a pretty nice idea.
Although i think if they would also be available for ore - not only for money - they would need to have a lot higher price than common kegs. I dunno at least 400 ore.

TV_JayArr;n8164170 said:
Although i think if they would also be available for ore - not only for money - they would need to have a lot higher price than common kegs. I dunno at least 400 ore.

the goal is to help new players build a viable deck quicker, so costing too much would be counter-productive... as i said, the campaign rewards may be enough to help them get there; we'll have to wait and see

They can't be too cheap.

In simple calcualtion u got 6 different faction kegs to offer - not considering the different amount of cards available - , thus the probability of grabbing a card of an specific faction - counting neutral as a faction - equals 16,6% for each of the 7 cards you'll be able to see. A faction pack would make it 100%, thus force a 83,3% swing. That equals 5 times the probability of catching a card of the faction you want it to in a common keg.

Besides i imagine the kegs to be lore dependent in design. E.g. if u want to buy a Scoia'tael faction keg, you'll buy a keg of Mahakam mead ; NR equals Redanian Lager ; and so on.

TV_JayArr;n8167920 said:
Besides i imagine the kegs to be lore dependent in design. E.g. if u want to buy a Scoia'tael faction keg, you'll buy a keg of Mahakam mead ; NR equals Redanian Lager ; and so on.

That's actually a pretty interesting flavour improvement.

I just getting my key and played in few week and i got half deck collection.
I think the system was fine.
dont you think if your wish granted to fast will make you bored?

The better way is chance of getting card with fraction that we played is more higger will be fine

Ability to Unlock or Purchase Faction Card Packages

I think it would be really nice if there was some kind of card package added to the game that had a specific set of cards in it. For example, you could get a package that included copies of the common and rare machines for NR if you wanted to play a machine deck, or included the basic discard cards for SK if you wanted to play a discard deck. These could either be available for scraps/cash or you get to choose one once you've completed all of the challenges.

Right now the majority of the decks seem so combo-heavy it seems like newer players only have the option to play Monsters or ST because those are the only decks that seem viable after you craft a few silvers and fill out the commons. I came into the beta with 15 free kegs and some scrap, so equivalent to spending $20 on the game and after completing the challenges I still don't have the ability to really play anything other than ST or Monsters because most of the other decks require so many combo-cards to actually work well.

While the idea sounds very cool, there are 2 aspects that should be taken into consideration here:

1. The current system really isn't slow, I started playing in the last months of Closed Beta and in the last 3 weeks I had enough cards/scrap to craft any deck I wanted, this besides the deck I already had crafted for climbing the ladder; as Anen said, having everything much faster would get you bored sooner, the card pool really isn't that large as it seems in the first few days, you just need to do the dailies and you'll be fine;

2. With the current system, you get a good variety of cards, which allows you to switch to another faction at any time, needing to craft only a few cards to be able to have a viable deck; if we'd have faction specific kegs, people would most likely buy only the faction they need cards for, get a lot of duplicate cards for it until they find the card, and then if they ever want to switch to a different faction (deck not viable anymore, got bored of it, etc.), they would find themselves missing most of the cards and having to craft a lot more, or open lots of kegs for the new faction.

The crafting system is good enough. I got in two days 300 scraps which is insane. Also you get 3 kegs per day if you play 4 hours and also another kegs fir ranking up leveling up etc. Plus the season rewards ! I think the reward system is fair enough for begginers and if you are a hardcore player is more enough. Your ideea is good but in practice is too much

A lot of similar games offer a one-time purchase "welcome bundle" which could very well be implemented to give you some targeted faction kegs as well as ordinary kegs. This generally costs less than they would normally, but as it's a one-time purchase targeted toward beginners and has a price tag associated, I wouldn't think it's out of the question. I think it would be good for new players to have the option to start off their collection with a headstart if they want to blow a few bucks on it.

fraction specific kegs

Some people complain about the randomness of card drops. So I'd like to suggest fraction specific kegs what drops only one fraction cards. Those kegs could cost more like 150-250 scraps but would give users some minimal card drop control. It also would apply to fraction golds/specials and so on.

Faction base Kegs

For players who want to play a certain faction more than the others, We can have a keg that gives cards to those specific factions only. We can also have a neutral keg that gives only neutral cards. thoughts?

Top Bottom