Failing Quests and reloading saves

+
While I 100% intend to go through with my choices (failed quests and all), man is it going to be hard not to push that reload button.
I really really want to enjoy the story and in my opinion it's better to feel that something is at stake when I lose, but the thing is I'm excited to see how my choices or failing quests causes other characters to die.

The problem arises when my failing a quest concludes in my character being "caught" or being beat up in an alley cuz I didn't follow through with instructions. In my head-canon, that wouldn't happen to my character because he's too stealthy and strong to be beat up in an alley.

That will probably result in a reload to try and find another option.

I hope it's a real fail and not like in TW3 where you cannot fail in the main quest and sometimes faling is just not doing a quest with no real consequences (e.g. a contract). But if it's like they say, then it's great, but at the same time we need the quickload in case something fucks up and it's not our fault (bugs, NPCs' idiot AI...)

maybe hard/hardcore mode has that

Perhaps. Would make some sense and people into hardcore are probably the people who would turn on autosave if possible anyway.

Just would be a major strike against the game for me if it isn't optional.

Actually fails states should not exist, only multiple conclusions to the same situation.
But if it implies punishing me by illogical way (such as less XP points) then I'll either reload or use console command to give me even more XP for having stick with my roleplay.
And I'll reload too if I scew something due to the "action" part of the game, as I consider it non relevant to my character.

!! MINOR SPOILER ALERT !!

I wish I had known all this before I left a mission planning to come back and finish when I was strong enough. I could have literally just put difficulty on easy and finished it to get my free car (Epistrophe). Instead I'm just going to play on normal from now on to enjoy the game. I love that the story can change based on failed missions, but you should still get an option to restart what you missed somehow. And to be very clear, I f#*$&ing love the game.
Post automatically merged:

!! MINOR SPOILER ALERT !!

I wish I had known all this before I left a mission planning to come back and finish when I was strong enough. I could have literally just put difficulty on easy and finished it to get my free car (Epistrophe). Instead I'm just going to play on normal from now on to enjoy the game. I love that the story can change based on failed missions, but you should still get an option to restart what you missed somehow. And to be very clear, I f#*$&ing love the game.
..but who knows, maybe I'll run into Delamain later and get the hookup... :D

Top Bottom