Fall damage is ridiculous

+
Fall damage is ridiculous

Isn't it a little weird Geralt loses half his health when he falls off something that's maybe three meters high? Most normal people would hurt themselves at that height, sure. People who do parkour usually wouldn't. Those are normal people. Geralt is a witcher. They're not as weak as us peasants.

It seems off that he can take multiple axes, swords, claws and whatnot to the face without too many problems, but is subsequently bested when the controls act up and he falls off the roof of a shack to his own demise.

Isn't it a little weird Geralt loses half his health when he falls off something that's maybe three meters high? Most normal people would hurt themselves at that height, sure. People who do parkour usually wouldn't. Those are normal people. Geralt is a witcher. They're not as weak as us peasants.

It seems off that he can take multiple axes, swords, claws and whatnot to the face without too many problems, but is subsequently bested when the controls act up and he falls off the roof of a shack to his own demise.

You have to press the jump button again when you are falling down.

Even with rolling fall damage is way too high. We always see "oh witcher uberhumans l33t invincible!!!111" but as soon as geralt does jumps that normal trained people can survive without damage he dies. The first thing to learn when I started taking fighting lessons was how to fall.

Even with rolling fall damage is way too high. We always see "oh witcher uberhumans l33t invincible!!!111" but as soon as geralt does jumps that normal trained people can survive without damage he dies. The first thing to learn when I started taking fighting lessons was how to fall.

If a jump is too far they usually have a ledge somewhere to land in between from what I have seen.

Witchers are not uberhumans and are not invincible.

Witchers are not uberhumans and are not invincible.

They are superhumans, meaning their physical capabilities are better than a normal human one, and even normal humans survive high jumps when they are trained. I never said witchers are invincible(in a serious way, goddammit), but taking a wound from a 4 meter fall when you roll seems extreme.

They are superhumans, meaning their physical capabilities are better than a normal human one, and even normal humans survive high jumps when they are trained. I never said witchers are invincible(in a serious way, goddammit), but taking a wound from a 4 meter fall when you roll seems extreme.

But if you time the roll you do not take damage...or less at least.

If falls might be realistic, Geralt could jump like he does in Thanned, where Scoia'taels were surprised that a human could make jumps which easily kill any human. He falls like a dammit feline... but well, why to be close to the lore? :p

so you mean to tell me falling 3 feet will kill you in real life? yeah maybe, if you were falling into hot fire while acid was being poured on you >_>

I really don't know how big is 3 feet, but I think that the fall damage is for bigger falls than that.

Geralt takes damage from jumping from heights that are no issues whatsoever to me. Yet, he is the trained grizzled monsterhunting veteran, not me.

I actually like it. More realistic.
Sword to the face? 'tis but a scratch! Fall 10 feet? DEAD! How is that "realistic"? I'm pretty sure I could drop 10 feet and not die instantly, but I'm also sure it would take more than a loaf of bread or sitting down for an hour to help me recover from some stab wounds to the chest...

Okaaay, okaay, i should have phrased it differently.... realistic seems to be the wrong word here. ^^
Before everbody starts killing me. :p

I just like that u have to be aware of your suroundings... climbing, fighting at hills... for me it's quite more fun with the risk of taking some serious damage if i mess up.

I think a reason for the fall damage could be that it is to discourage players from "falling" down on eg. rooftops in Novigrad and the like. That way the developers avoid player going places they weren't "meant" to.

That it's way over the top with how weak Geralt seems when falling 4-5 feet is another matter :)

Fall damage sucks!!!
Yeah, it makes sense when he falls off a cliff and dies, but taking damage from a one storie window fall is really stupid lol....

I almost died jumping into a ditch.. I was like holycrap.. where did all my health go.. nom nom wolf liver.. ya I have to agree the jumping height damage is abit unbalanced. .

Top Bottom