Fallout 4 Announced For PS4, Xbox One, PC

+
anybody else still on their first play through? i built that THING a few days ago that lets you get to the institute, but then reverted to a previous save because i wanted to bulk up for the speech challenges. current save reads 5 days 21 hours 43 minutes, I'm level 68 and have 5 companions at max affinity. guess it's high time i made like Seth Brundle and stepped into the THING, no?

anybody else still on their first play through?

Totally.

Lots of sidequests, build-tests and general wandering. Level 33, saving perks to try an unarmed/melee build. My current Agil/Luck/Int build is pretttty OP. I'm running a mod for x4 damage to me and I still rock with autoweapons.

I -guess- I should, as you say, make like Seth, but...you know....I just started working for the Railroad and Deacon is pretty amusing and I have a non-fetch quest and..yeah.

That kid'll be fiiiiiiiine. Fine!

Plus, Snake Plissken does things on his own time, man.

well, according to the save clock i'm about at the 150 hour mark. in fallout 3 and new Vegas i had wrapped the main quest by that point, at least on my first run. subsequent runs tended to run past 200, because i was trying to do EVERYTHING. so i thought perhaps someone else had already rolled the end credits

Can't say as I'm thrilled with the whole settlements system; doing Sanctuary Hills, Red Rocket, and the Castle are pretty much mandatory; they are one hell of a time sink.

settlements aren't my favorite thing, but they're far from the worst. i ended up making red rocket my "club house" for the 10 followers i recruited, sanctuary hills is my pack mule camp where the "residents" form my supply network, and the castle is one giant water desalination plant ... making me dat H2O money, jingle jangle caps yo!

settlements aren't my favorite thing, but they're far from the worst. i ended up ma

Huh. I also made Red Rocket my Club, since it's in the trailer.

I did mess with Sanctuary, but just for fun. Didn't know it was plot necessary. I actually built a giant house complex/bridge stretching across my houses, added turrets and porches and stairs, had people wandering along....took a couple hours.

Then I moved a porch I was standing on and plummeted to my death.

Aaaaand discovered quicksaving didn't work in Workshop mode. Yeaaah.

Got up the next morning and made a simple 5 story castle. Sigh.

Booo, got near the end game and had one mission to stab a group in the back and another mission to warn them... game bugged out and would not let me warn them. went 2 hours back in saves, still could not warn them. so yeah, ended up backing a group i had every intention of fucking over because of bugs :rant:

---------- Updated at 08:43 PM ----------

odd little factoid, i got to the "ending" scene and got the trophy. the odd thing is, it's telling me only 9.5% of people on ps4 have done so. i was putting off the main story, so i assumed plenty of folks were powering through... guess that's not the case.

Forum veteran
odd little factoid, i got to the "ending" scene and got the trophy. the odd thing is, it's telling me only 9.5% of people on ps4 have done so. i was putting off the main story, so i assumed plenty of folks were powering through... guess that's not the case.
That's around the normal percentage of people who finish longer games, sadly. It's unlikely to ever rise significantly beyond that.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/08/17/finishing.videogames.snow/

Most folks that play any game fall into the "casual" category, much the same way only a small percentage of players of any game post on it's forums. Those of us here are NOT typical players sad to say.

i find their lack of dedication... disturbing.

/me force chokes a filthy casual

Top Bottom