Fallout 4 Announced For PS4, Xbox One, PC

+
Fallout 4 Announced For PS4, Xbox One, PC

Fallout is back, and, as expected, it’s headed to post-apocalyptic Boston. You can watch the first trailer above.

Here’s the box art:

Tune into Bethesda’s E3 Showcase on Sunday, June 14th at 7:00pm PT to see the world premiere of the game.

Wow. How wonderfully unimpressive trailer; and I don't even have my "Bethesda is bad" shirt on. That really looks cheap and underwhelming... not even modded Skyrim, but modded Fallout 3.

Here's hoping they reveal in E3 that they've elevated their gameplay, narrative design and writing at least some, something that would improve the initial impression. Otherwise it's back to waiting for Obsidian to give their shot at this shit and keeping fingers crossed that they are even given the chance. If both go down the drainage, New Vegas will be left as the last Fallout game I've played.

But hey, yay, XCOM 2.

And here's something to cheer up the gloom of this post:

Carry on.

Heh... I don't think anyone could ever accuse ANY Fallout game, be it the old ones, or the new ones, for at any point having had "good trailers". XD

I'm..with kofe on this one. Not impressed in any way with the trailer. Doubt they've improved gameplay ( now you can double jump! maybe) and they even kinda botched the signature line.

Siiigh. Well, I'll no doubt enjoy it anyway.

I like the colorful look of it, and the fact that we get to see more of the pre-war world.

I'm..with kofe on this one. Not impressed in any way with the trailer. Doubt they've improved gameplay ( now you can double jump! maybe) and they even kinda botched the signature line.

Siiigh. Well, I'll no doubt enjoy it anyway.

I think they made a mistake in making it too understated. Wouldn't have hurt to toss a few sploshuns and guns in there. Graphically, not stunning, but the art design in the environments looks much better now. I'm with you in hoping the gun play is better this time.

i personally think its too colourful, i would prefer a look more like for example Metro: Redux

We already had that with Fallout 3. This one feels more like New Vegas lighting-wise. Also, the Institute might have built their own GECK. If they got the facilities and knowledge to build androids they can probably build a city or a GECK.

Personally, I am more curious about the suburb vault that is entered via roof.

Last edited:
Fallout 3 is my favorite game of all time so yes...I am kind of excited to see this

The game looks pretty good from a graphical standpoint and I'll go even further and say that the lighting alone looks miles better than in Fallout 3 and I'll love that game to the grave.I'll admit that the character animation looks to be only somewhat improved but I'll have to see it more in motion to be specific.I like hove colorful and vibrant the world looks,something that was absent from previous Bethesda games.It seems that we are playing with a voiced over protagonist this time so
I am looking forward seeing how will they handle that.
A lot of people seem to dislike Bethesda made games and Bethesda in general and while I'll admit that their games are far from perfect(not the best looking game out there,buggy at release...)the way they manage to immerse the player into their worlds is second to none.

Last edited:
Fallout's graphics, at least in the context of Fallout 3 and New Vegas, was never really anywhere near "current gen capability" levels. And the same goes for a lot of games.

And seeing as the graphics of a game is not actually that big of a factor, if a factor at all, on if a games story is good or not, or on if the game is any good at all to begin with... makes me not sure why people continue to use that as an argument for why X game would somehow be bad or disappointing due to it.

Graphics is one of those parts of a game that can have a huge effect on the game... and I am not talking about visually and how one reacts to seeing something in a game which looks really good... I am talking about the game it's self, and the development of it etc. "Awesome graphics" is very time consuming and expensive to make for a game company.

Not to mention that, by making the choice of making a game's graphics the best they can be, it will directly effect everything else in the game. Either by time and money being taken away from other aspects of the game, which will mean those other aspects of the game will probably be not as good as they could have been. But also on the game it's self in the sense that the game world can not be as big anymore, you can not have as many NPC's roaming around, possibly less amounts of buildings around you, etc. For the most part, if we look at the games out there with top notch graphics, you are going to find games who's maps are in general pretty small, your probably going to have to load into most maps in the game as you enter those areas, and the amounts of NPC's around you at any given time will probably be pretty limited.

And on top of that the amount of people who have the kinds of computers needed to see the best graphics possible are in a minority... which means that it is not to unlikely that the company actually lost money if you compare the cost of the "awesome graphics" with the amounts of money they earned from people with computers strong enough to even play the game on "Maximum-ultra-superduper graphics" or something...

So it is a call the game developers have to make... "What is the most important aspect of my game, and what will I have to drop or not spend as much time and money on due to it?" I doubt we would have had as good of a game as FO3/NV was if those games graphics had been top of the line when they came out... OR, it would have taken those companies a few more years to make those games... which then could result in that we the consumers would have to be the ones paying for those extra years by the fact that the company would have to sell the game with a bigger price-tag.

So... to me... when it comes to games within the RPG genre, graphics is usually the least of my worries. I mean I would be glad if the graphics looked good, but it is secondary to other aspects of RPG games. I would much rather they spent that time and money on the story for example, and also maybe a bit of it on the game mechanics and stuff like the characters development, equipment, inventory, NPC's and what not in the game.

The story-line has never been a real strongpoint of the Fallout series.
In the original Fallout you needed a water chip or your Vault was doomed, leave and wander semi-aimlessly searching for one, meet and kill people and critters along the way. You had a goal, but no real story-line.

I don't really expect a strong story from either the Fallout or Elder Scrolls series. I do however expect a decent (but not "good") combat system, tons of side quests, and virtually unlimited fairly easy mod-ability.
Better graphics as long as they don't compromise the above are always a plus.

Last edited:
The story-line has never been a real strongpoint of the Fallout series.
In the original Fallout you needed a water chip or your Vault was doomed, leave and wander semi-aimlessly searching for one, meet and kill people and critters along the way. You had a goal, but no real story-line.

I disagree. The storylines of the original two Fallouts were open in nature (that goes with New Vegas too, though it's a bit different there since you have more required waypoints to reach and meddle with). The main quest was merely the backbone for the real story the crafting of which was in your hands. The meat of it came from the journey you chose. Doing just the mainquest gave you a very brief and basic storyline and conclusion, but getting involved with the world expanded things rapidly and exponentally (as seen with the ending narrations).

I don't really expect a strong story from either the Fallout or Elder Scrolls series

This I agree with. Knowing Bethesda... "It's Fallout, anything goes", "Dialog was not the battle we chose", "Due to how we build our worlds, prevents us from telling tight stories"....

I do however expect a decent (but not "good") combat system

I wouldn't hold my breath over that. Fallout 3 combat was atrocious both as an FPS and an RPG.

Did you know if you look really closely at this screen you can even see the perks

There is 77 of them, i have found:

4th row 3rd column has the "Savior of the Wasteland" image (Jesus Vault-Boy), and the one next to the desk is the usual "Speech" icon with the Vault-Boy and the stand with a microphone for what I can see.

3rd row last column has "Bloody Mess", 6th row 6th column might be "Strong Back", it looks like Vault-Boy with a back-pack and a walking stick.

for comparison the perks from Fallout 3

Top Bottom