Fallout 4

+
Do you have other sources for it being with malicious intent? dsogaming tends to be more about hysteria than fact. They're sometimes right at the fact level, but not the conclusions they reach.

It's not unusual for patches to have problems with existing mods, and vice versa. And if I google "fallout 4 mods disabled" most of what I see is how to work round it. This could also be a) accidental, or b) temporary to stop people from complaining in the forums that the patch is broken because of mods.

Do you have other sources for it being with malicious intent? dsogaming tends to be more about hysteria than fact. They're sometimes right at the fact level, but not the conclusions they reach.

It's not unusual for patches to have problems with existing mods, and vice versa. And if I google "fallout 4 mods disabled" most of what I see is how to work round it. This could also be a) accidental, or b) temporary to stop people from complaining in the forums that the patch is broken because of mods.
true, true.
the reason why i mentionned the fact that people are speculating about bethesda planning to bring back paid mods via steam and launch a modshop on their website, is because i remember seeing that somewhere as a rumor (probably some gaming website).
but i remember also seeing multiple news on how they haven't gave up on the concept yet, especially steam:
http://venturebeat.com/2015/08/28/r...-steam-post-answers-why-some-mods-cost-money/
http://www.slashgear.com/steam-item-stores-revisits-the-idea-of-paid-mods-on-steam-05413313/
http://gamerant.com/bethesda-paid-mods-steam-255/

Last edited:
Bethesda coming up with a new way of getting revenue from mods is definitely a possibility, but after the fiasco the last time, I don't see them blundering into it with something as silly and provocative as this. And, apparently, as unsuccessful as this, as most of those links I followed showed ways of very easily getting round the block.

I think Hanlon's Razor applies here - Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. I'd go with it either being deliberate but poorly explained as a way of preventing "damage" from mods that don't work properly with the patch, or a straightforward cock-up.

If Black Isle made Fallout 4...

Yeah, Chris Bischoff.
Such a shame that 2D environment artists as talented as him don't (and probably won't ever again) get the chance to work on a classic turn-based isometric Fallout.

there's actually a way to make all factions love you

it's some weird convoluted shit but eh

I've done pretty much all there is to do at this point. Overall it was lackluster(go figure). It felt too fucking serious minus the odd quests here and there like The Constitution or Cabot House. Story was meh, a cool point here and there but I didn't expect much from that. Locations for the most part to me were very bland. A missed opportunity as the previous two games had interesting places to explore.

Voice acting was pretty bad(anyone have an opinion on Female VA). The dialogue wheel was fucking awful. Honestly it was probably the worst part. You never really knew what the fuck you'd say so the best option was sarcasm.

The minutemen radiant quests are laughable. Did they really think that would be fun? MIT and Brotherhood were alright and I didn't check out the Railroad. Also the settlement building made me laugh. Admittedly I got hyped up for it. I know I shouldn't have but I did and paid for it. There's not even really a handful of locations that I consider this mechanic to have been good at. And even then the settlement size(naturally) is a joke. And there's not much choice in building things.

And for technical and graphical aspects(ps4) I thought it did pretty well. No the graphics weren't great and they weren't god awful like the two sides of the extremists would have you believe. A very much middle ground. Fps for me stayed in mid 20's almost all the time but that was good considering I was on a console. There was a time or two they dropped bad but nothing like I read about.

Ran into almost no glitches. Had the elevator glitch happen three times. Had two soft locks and one hard lock. And four or five crashes to the home screen.

Being that I never played Fallout until 3 I'm no expert in saying this. But it just did not feel very Fallout-y and less so than FO3(comparing to NV and all I've read on the original games) which is saying something.

It played great, told a meh story, looked okay and took up a deal of my time. I feel like the money was worth it.

One thing I still don't know how I feel about though is the damn power armour. I like how it's treated as something special but at the same time it's so special I don't want to take it out. This confuses me.

Top Bottom