Fallout 4

+
:D :D :D
:thumbsup:

Did you know if you look really closely at this screen you can even see the perks

There is 77 of them, i have found:

4th row 3rd column has the "Savior of the Wasteland" image (Jesus Vault-Boy), and the one next to the desk is the usual "Speech" icon with the Vault-Boy and the stand with a microphone for what I can see.

3rd row last column has "Bloody Mess", 6th row 6th column might be "Strong Back", it looks like Vault-Boy with a back-pack and a walking stick.

for comparison the perks from Fallout 3

So I confess I was affected by the hype and bought Fallout 1 and 2 on sale. Never played them, and I'm curious about all the love they receive. I'll also replay Fallout 3 probably. My only playthrough with it was on my laptop, and it ran like a shit. I wonder if being able to run it better (understatement) now will improve my impression, because I finished the game thinking it was fine, but not amazing. Though crashing every minute when in the wasteland probably had some weight in that opinion.

Even if the trailer wasn't impressive (I'm certain all the hype has to do with nostalgia rather than the actual things in the trailer, since it didn't really show anything), I'm still really curious about what BGS will do with F4. It's been a long time since their last game, and since then some competition was added to the open-world RPG arena, so they need to push things forward. I didn't feel they made any serious leaps between F3 and Skyrim, and while I didn't play Oblivion, I understand that it wasn't all that different, either? I hope CDPR and BioWare will make them perform some major improvements and additions this time around.

Even if the trailer wasn't impressive (I'm certain all the hype has to do with nostalgia rather than the actual things in the trailer, since it didn't really show anything), I'm still really curious about what BGS will do with F4. It's been a long time since their last game, and since then some competition was added to the open-world RPG arena, so they need to push things forward. I didn't feel they made any serious leaps between F3 and Skyrim, and while I didn't play Oblivion, I understand that it wasn't all that different, either? I hope CDPR and BioWare will make them perform some major improvements and additions this time around.

Supposedly they're trying to emphasize much more on story than they did with F3 or Skyrim (specifically the main quest), which makes sense since the player character appears to be voiced. Also there's usually some changes between their games though that doesn't really indicate any change in the actual quality of the game. I actually wonder if they've kept the S.P.E.C.I.A.L system from previous Fallouts; while it's a staple of the series they did completely get rid of classes for Skyrim in the name of flexibility so... I wouldn't be too sure that they haven't.

But I think it's far too late for Bethesda to make any major changes to Fallout 4 despite the releases of DA:I and TW3. Especially if they intend to release it this year. Even if it's coming out next year, at this point the writing, level design, world-building and all that should be near-finished already. It's also rather unlikely that they took any notes from TW2 considering the success of Skyrim in that same year absolutely dwarfed TW2's release. If they take any notes from TW3, it'll probably be more apparent in their next game after Fallout 4.

Please Bethesda, tell me you have good gunplay this time!

Personally i think it would be good if they have taken a sneaky glance at Metro Last Light's gunplay.

That looked amazing, quite brave to announce a game 5 months before release. That's pretty good though ,since that way we are sure that the footage we are looking at is pretty much almost final and not pre-alpha or some shit like that and there is not going to be any unwanted changes.

So it's gonna avoid the Watch_Dogs, Witcher 3 situation

Fallout 4 is probably going to get game of the year this year just because it comes out right at end of the year and just because of the hype. I'm pretty sure it's not going to top Witcher 3, but I like what I am seeing and looking forward to it.

Can't really get excited about this knowing Bethesda's track record. Even if they manage to create beautiful game worlds they always end up feeling very mechanical, filled with lifeless, one dimensional characters and their writing is shit.

And they're still using gamebryo.. :facepalm:

Well, it looks...familiar. The animations and character models are pretty terrible. What can I say. Todd seems to want to make a simulator more than he does an RPG. I was impressed with two things though: environments and gun customization.

I'm personally very impressed by how fluid and responsive the combat looks now, that was the worst part of Fallout 3 and NV gameplay related, and since there isnt much story or characters to be enjoyed, gameplay is fundamental in the new Fallouts to me; and weapon customization looked great.

The building looks fun and stuff, but they didnt really go out of the way to explain how it would be fun WITH the rest of the game, some raiders coming in to get killed from time to time isnt particularly exciting.

What can I say, nothing too incredible that I didnt expect, but it managed to surprise me more than I thought though, and while it may be based on a "shallow" short-lasting kind of fun like the previous Beth ones, its can still be great fun. I'm excited now, and I wasnt before, simple as that.

I was cautiously hopeful before, and now I'm more optimistic that the game will be a fun time-killer. It's actually surprising how different it looks and feels from Fallout 3 although not necessarily all in good ways - there's a rumor floating about that skills have been removed for perks (apparently the pipboy in the demo has no skills menu). I might get this during the winter sale if it turns out well.

But something that really bothers me are some of the new features like weapon customization and building a settlement. In a way those aren't really new features as they were available as mods for Fallout 3 years ago, so it really feels like Bethesda just scrolled through Nexus mods, identified the most popular ones, and redid them with a bigger budget. I guess I've got nothing against the features being in the game, but they just don't feel new or fresh or innovative for a game that's been worked on for four years now.

On one hand I'm sad that this will probably take a lot of GOTY (or even RPGOTY) awards from The Witcher 3, on the other it does look interesting and the weapon customization and crafting features look awesome. I'm not a Fallout fan, so I'll probably still pass.

Last edited:
It's a nice change to have a triple-A title released so soon to its reveal (cough CP77 cough). I'm really surprised it's coming out in 2015. Makes this year even more crowded. And I'm particularly curious to see what improvements BGS did. While they didn't start developing this after TW3, I'm pretty sure developers are affected by their competition even during development. They probably didn't wait for TW3 to be released to see what it did. If so, I hope that some of CDPR's standards have rubbed off on BGS.

Then again, the games are so different in goals that I don't think BGS will change too much. They're about freedom and being a sandbox. Customize this, customize that, create your own little cyber existence. So to me it will likely just end up being a fun game to pass the time with.

I also bought Fallout 1-2 recently, so I'll have time to play them, as well as NV. I might even replay Fallout 3, because it really sucked playing it on my laptop where it crashed every minute out in the wasteland, so that really affected my impression. I'm easy to please, though - I don't need a game to be amazing to have fun with it, so I enjoyed just roaming around aimlessly in Fallout 3 (despite my technical issues) and Skyrim.

Ahh, who am I kidding. It'll be a long while until I buy a game at release, with my backlog. 60$ isn't worth it with all I have available to play.

Edit: oh, and I'm a bit petty about this - it bugs me to see a game receive this extraordinary amount of hype when I consider the company's track record only alright and not famous for big improvements, as well as the game itself just being fun in my book - it was part of my disappointment when first started Fallout 3. The amount of reverence it had made me expect to find a masterpiece, but it was "merely" fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom