Fallout 4

+
Alright guys, some news :
Fallout 4 won't be entirely complete on discs for the PC version, part of it will be downloaded via steam, (if not most of it or all of it, like MGS V).
and guess what was their excuse ? yup you guessed it: "piracy"

https://twitter.com/Dpl14/status/654761522661453824

https://twitter.com/wleer72/status/654771195871518720

on a sidenote, i called on them on their BS, told them that this kind of practice encourages piracy, and that they should learn from CDPR example:

https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/654772664439967744

Attachments

• first reply.jpg
    first reply.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 42
  • second reply.jpg
    second reply.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 36
  • piracy reply.jpg
    piracy reply.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 42
This is what I wanna know too, Bethesda have yet to use 3rd party protection software (besides steam) but a lot of devs have started to use it this year. Mainly WB.

"We are using Steam authentication". Although that does not specifically deny using Denuvo as well.

Alright guys, some news :
Fallout 4 won't be entirely complete on discs for the PC version, part of it will be downloaded via steam, (if not most of it or all of it, like MGS V).
and guess what was their excuse ? yup you guessed it: "piracy"

That does not make much sense, more likely it is simply cost cutting, a single 4.7 GB DVD is the cheapest.

Edit: spoilers: the list of achievements has been leaked

Last edited:
That crafting system is extremely impressive. I saw a rocket propelled warhammer as in a warhammer that had a rocket on one side.

I am so torn on Fallout 4.

On the one hand I will probably like it. Not love it. Like it. And it will be a worthy purchase. But on the other... it is grossly overrated... as is Bethesda *sigh*

I dont know whether to buy it.

On the one hand I will probably like it. Not love it. Like it. And it will be a worthy purchase. But on the other... it is grossly overrated... as is Bethesda *sigh*

It could still have a better antagonist than Eredin, or a faction war that is better than the politics in TW3. :p

I dont know whether to buy it.

I will decide after it is released and I can get enough information from reviews, there is no pre-order discount anyway.

It could still have a better antagonist than Eredin, or a faction war that is better than the politics in TW3. :p

I will decide after it is released and I can get enough information from reviews, there is no pre-order discount anyway.

Having a better antagonist than Eredin is not something to be proud off...
Though the rest of Fallout will probably be MUCH worse writing wise.

*At least it will not have the major thematic issues of TW3 ... it simply wont be good enough to even have problems, at least writing-wise.

The faction war may be better gameplay wise, but ... I will then just compare to STALKER ... and it will again falter. :(

I would wait for reviews too but generally they just annoy me. Only reviews I can get behind are those I myself can make... yet those are also obviously not going to help me purchase something.

Meh. Will buy it I guess. And lower expectations greatly.

fun fact: in the entire promo for the game, they always called it an "open world game" rather than an RPG
which may confirm some speculations: that the game will be more of a game à la GTA within the fallout universe and stats. this honestly makes me worried x__x
i think we may be about to witness new heights in the dumbing down of games. heck ! i bet this game is even more dumbed down than skyrim.

Top Bottom