Fallout 4

+
some more info on the gameplay & perk system and so on, some leaked footage, and the full map:
http://wccftech.com/fallout-4-map/

So far...not impressed :what3:

Full map looks pretty good, especially since you won't have access to vehicles + the map will be densily cluttered either way.

I much rather prefer a smaller but more detailed map over a bigger map with nothing in it, like MGS 5 Phantom Pain's pathetic excuse of an open world.

Full map looks pretty good, especially since you won't have access to vehicles + the map will be densily cluttered either way.

I much rather prefer a smaller but more detailed map over a bigger map with nothing in it, like MGS 5 Phantom Pain's pathetic excuse of an open world.

I think (you're free to disagree with me about this) Fallout: New Vegas had the best open world as there was always something new to find and things to do no matter where you went.

Some new PC screenshots from bethesda

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/the-graphics-technology-of-fallout-4/2015/11/04/45

some more info on the gameplay & perk system and so on, some leaked footage, and the full map:
http://wccftech.com/fallout-4-map/

If the grid on the map is at the same scale as in Fallout 3, then it is 27x27 vs. 17x17 in the older game, or 81x81 cells (81 cells = 331776 units of distance = 5184 yards = 4.74 km). The Skyrim map here has a total size of 120x90 cells, but that includes unused areas that cannot be reached in the game, so without those it is roughly similar.

Running across the map

Last edited:

If the grid on the map is at the same scale as in Fallout 3, then it is 27x27 vs. 17x17 in the older game, or 81x81 cells (81 cells = 331776 units of distance = 5184 yards = 4.74 km). The Skyrim map here has a total size of 120x90 cells, but that includes unused areas that cannot be reached in the game, so without those it is roughly similar.

Running across the map
i get your points guys, i really do. but my problem doesn't lie with the map really.
it's the overall feeling of the game. the artistic direction may have been a step in the right direction, but i can't help but feel that the gameplay seems simplified even more than FO3, and that the world is gonna be filled with pointless quests, including the main one, which will be overall bland and not have any consequence on the surrounding world, unlike FO: NV (aka how FO 3 SHOULD have been).

Last edited:
omg guys, i found something truly disturbing:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterra...y_girlfriend_works_at_gamestop_they_gave_her/

notice the circled area.
see that guys ? the expression "PC mods are free, first on Xbox one", worries me. i don't know why, but i feel we may see paid mods yet again in the future, where they monetize on PC, and make them free for Xbox owners, or something as convoluted and twisted as that.

i'm gonna try to not jump to any conclusions, but i swear to god if i ever see them bringing that concept again in any shape or form, i'd boycott fallout 4 PERIOD.

Attachments

• 4N9foL5.jpg
    4N9foL5.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 35
see that guys ? the expression "PC mods are free, first on Xbox one", worries me. i don't know why, but i feel we may see paid mods yet again in the future, where they monetize on PC, and make them free for Xbox owners, or something as convoluted and twisted as that.

It specifically says that PC mods are free. It is not entirely clear what the "first on Xbox One" means, perhaps that mods are new on that platform, or that they will be available on XB1 first, and only later on the PS4. But if paid mods are to appear at all, they would be more likely on consoles where their distribution can be easily controlled, and console users may object less given that they previously did not have access to any mods.

Last edited:
Maybe it will be possible to use free PC mods on X1, and not on PS4, for a time.
They already tried paid mods, and it was a disaster (I'm glad they understood it quickly). I don't think they want to try that again...

Those new screens look much better. I can live with those visuals. As for mods on console, I'm very skittish about the notion and wonder if MS or Sony's involvement could adversely affect the modding scene on PC. There's a number of ways this could happen, monetizing being the most obvious. Then there's exclusivity rights, which MS seems to have already secured. Definitely skeptical about the whole thing.

Major spoilers: the list of all locations, map marker types, stats, companions, and unique perks has been leaked at reddit here.

The launch trailer leaves me seriously underwhelmed.
institute - kaboomboom - institute - kaboom - build housey stuff - kaboom - oh, and there's a dog.

The launch trailer leaves me seriously underwhelmed.
institute - kaboomboom - institute - kaboom - build housey stuff - kaboom - oh, and there's a dog.

I actually quite liked it, but I guess I'm just weird. I still won't be buying it on release day as I'll be waiting for a couple of weeks just to see if anyone is having any problems.

Top Bottom