Fallout 4

+
Fallout 4

Fallout is back, and, as expected, it’s headed to post-apocalyptic Boston. You can watch the first trailer above.

Here’s the box art:

Tune into Bethesda’s E3 Showcase on Sunday, June 14th at 7:00pm PT to see the world premiere of the game.

Anyone remembers the good old days? Fallout 1\2? These were the games :p
And i have to admit, the trailers in fallout for reason look pretty much the same...good old music on Radio\TV, bam apparently the world is in a shitty situation. And look apparently we are a vault boy, again. ...and who can forget, "War, War never changes."
Pretty much like the whole series, well didn't play all of them...but let us hope we will enjoy it as many of us always do.
The game may not be for everyone, but if you're a pc gamer...there's always the mod community.

This isn't crossgen? Damn, it sure does look like crossgen to me. No matter, modders will fix the game as usual.

Anyhow, I've played enough Bethesda games to know now what to expect. And oh boy, Gamebryo is back, what a joy. I will be picking this up definitely, but maybe not at launch... perhaps a month or two down the line. Depends on how buggy it's gonna be on release.

Also, voiced protagonist? I know this is gonna hurt them hardcore role-players, but I see this as a positive change.

goopit

Forum veteran
Also, voiced protagonist? I know this is gonna hurt them hardcore role-players, but I see this as a positive change.

the writing will be shit (since Bethesda) anyway so might as well

I hope Obsidian gets a hold of the engine again and makes another New Vegas style thing with better atmosphere this time

Gilrond-i-Virdan said:
I have an idea. Let CDPR license REDengine to Obsidian, so they could make a post-apocalyptic blast of an RPG with it. As long as it will be released for Linux and DRM-free, I'd buy it in an instant

Thing is, Beth may no longer be capable. Remember Blizzard & Titan. A dev that ticked over nicely for ten years on the fumes of old creativity, suddenly having "performance problems" at the hard edge of the trade. Stagnant jobs shut people down, teach nothing, and actually deter change. I see zero indication Beth have ceased to stagnate.

Thing is, Beth may no longer be capable. Remember Blizzard & Titan. A dev that ticked over nicely for ten years on the fumes of old creativity, suddenly having "performance problems" at the hard edge of the trade. Stagnant jobs shut people down, teach nothing, and actually deter change. I see zero indication Beth have ceased to stagnate.

They are either not capable, or not interested - who knows. I see veterans of the industry making new studios and working on innovative games just fine (for example Underworld Ascendant by OtherSide). So it's not "we are too old" issue. It's simply "publisher mentality killing all essence" issue. But personally I'm not complaining. There won't be any DRM-free and Linux games coming out of Bethesda anyway, so not a big loss from my perspective ;D Luckily other studios are creating something interesting and innovative these days.

Looks like the game's already the second-top seller on Steam. I'm starting to wonder if it'll be declared game of the year by brand alone.
:huh:

well ! let's hope this one will be better than FO3, and more like FO New Vegas with its writing, character progression, factions/reputation system and ofcourse more respectful to the lore.
so far, the artistic direction looks right, but the rest we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:
[h=2]All the Boston landmarks[/h]

The Bunker Hill Monument

The USS Constitution in drydock

Scollay Square

The Haystack Observatory

Fenway Park exterior

Fenway Park interior

Paul Revere statue with the Old North Church

Massachusettes State House

I generally really like Bethesda games but this trailer left me with a pretty thorough "meh" feeling. Oh well, time will tell.

Top Bottom