+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fallout Countdown

Bethesda has posted a Fallout teaser image on Twitter

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/...44940006670337

With the message "Please Stand By" and an external link to the Fallout page

The teaser site includes a timer

I also had a look at the Page Source for the countdown page and i think i found an Easter Egg.......

The text reads "PA system failure has occured. Shutdown of the Masterbrain has been authorized and all sensitive materials have been removed for security purposes. Please attempt re-access. Have a pleasant day."

Masterbrain was a unique Robobrain that roamed the halls of Vault-Tec headquarters.

jj284b

Forum veteran
after W3, they will be under huge pressure... while i like Fallout, and especially New Vegas, i just don't believe they will be able to deliver something that would be on the same level as W3..

If this was being made by obsidian, I'd be pretty hyped, but BGS makes the whole FO4 thing bitter sweet.

It's still cool though, I've been wanting to go back to fallout world for some time, but I hope this time it's not skyrim with guns, as 3 was oblivion with guns, if you know what I mean...

If this was being made by obsidian, I'd be pretty hyped, but BGS makes the whole FO4 thing bitter sweet.

It's still cool though, I've been wanting to go back to fallout world for some time, but I hope this time it's not skyrim with guns, as 3 was oblivion with guns, if you know what I mean...
agreed.

FO new vegas felt like a true fallout and a true RPG. i enjoyed very much the reputation system and the actions/consequence mechanics. the character progression was very complex. and the dialogue system as well. made me invest points into speech skills a lot ^^

FO 3 was a glorified wasteland simulator with stats.

Yup. Expecting tons of procedurally generated fetch quests, level scaling, poor writing, boring characters, dull story and an awful engine.

If anything, let inXile or Obsidian make a new post-apocalyptic RPG. I'd appreciate something more in the spirit of Damnation Alley (i.e. Mad Max style in other words, but an RPG, not some brainless FPS). And Bethesda of today? Meh. I don't expect anything from them.

Last edited:
If only Bethesda would work something out with Obsidian, such as letting Obsidian make Fallout while Bethesda just publish it like what they did with New Vegas, everyone would be happy and we'd probably get a better game as a result. However, let's face it, Bethesda are too damn proud to admit that another developer can do better than they can.

Last edited:
If the next Beth game has ballistic ribcages* for ground clutter, that'll be the last ragged rotten straw ever between me and them.

*Essentially, if any dev can afford to build a new engine its Beth, if any dev is overdue a new engine already its Beth, if any devs output - particularly the negative aspects - has been more determined by their engine choice than Beth... they'd be making FB farming clones.

New engine that actually has room for new capabilities, never mind finally eradicating 16 year old bugs, and someone that can actually write a plot, and Beth could do fine. Of course, I expect most of you will buy the next ribcage bouncing simulator no questions asked ;)

Another bad shooter with some elements from Fallout lore, just like FO3 was...That is what I am expecting from Bethesda...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom