Family Matters Baron Disappears

+
No matter which quests I do first whether I completely follow all the Baron's quest, or complete Keira's, or the lady of woods the Baron disappears and I'm unable to tell him anything about his wife or daughter. Only once was I able to tell him about his daughter before he disappeared. I was using no mods when I tried this. I've given up that the quest line can be completed. Will there be a fix for this or is there a console command I can type to complete the quest so I can move on with the story line?

What exactly do you mean by "disappear"?
Do you have a quest marker for finding him to bring the news about Anna and Tamara?

The quest marker is there. A wonderful yellow dot with a ring but no Baron. I've tried seeing if he was upstairs because he isn't downstairs. The marker says he is but he's not. Just two guards making snide remarks though sometimes there is a peasant scrubbing the floor or someone taking inventory but no Baron.

Have you checked the garden? He is there at one point, though you may have already gotten further in the quest.

Are you playing via GOG, Steam or something else?

I'm playing via Steam and he was in the garden earlier but I have even gone down into the cavern to see if for some reason he was there. Do I need to uninstall and start fresh?

First I would like to say thank you for your promptness and willingness to help. I started watching Gopher's Let's Play of The Witcher 3. Apparently, I missed a clue in Tamara's room because I didn't loot out of respect to the Baron. Once I looted the key and the incense and followed the sent the Baron reappeared. So thank you again. I greatly appreciate it. It is a great game and I enjoy playing it.

I never loot places like that.
Of course the Baron will never know but I will.
But you found the problem so yay!

Top Bottom