Fan-art

+
Well...uhm.... me too *giggle*First of all: we need a prize. You know, there's no contest without a prize. So until none has something to offer...... :mumbling:

FINALLY!!!! Witcher Books - My edition is out :DNot all of them (2 are complete and others are in progress.)I will take more quality pictures soon, but I do not own a camera, I took these with my phone, so please excuse the poor quality, but enjoy the product quality :D :D :Dclick! ---> http://picasaweb.google.cz/makavelina/WitcherBooksMakavelinaEdition?feat=directlink#MADE THEM ALL BY MYSELF WITH NO HELP FROM ANYBODY :) And these are the very first ones I made, so I am kinda impressed by my skills, cause I have never been very crafty before :D

The pix are clear enough to see what amazing achievement you did :eek:Jog my memory... you made hardbook versions (your own design and creation) out of the paperback editions?Now your books are a real treasure... too precious to open the books and dare to turn a page.

Thank you :) I am very proud to have my own edition :DI didnt make them from a paperback, I printed them from a pdf version, corrected the gramatic mistakes (there were a few, probably happened during the OCR scanning of the original books, although I didnt make the pdfs, someone else scanned it), I printed them at work and then sew them to the book block, bought a lot of material for making a cover (hard papers, binding cloth and tools) and made covers, then used a plottered vinyl (also from work) to cut the pictures and the text on the cover, I had to use a nailpolish to create the pictures, because the cloth paint I wanted to use (silver and gold), didn't work, it was too runny and it simply was not what I was going for, so a cheap white nailpolish did the work :) and then I placed the book block to the cover and left it in a bookpress overnight.Planing to make my own editions of other books (Myth Series for example), because I own all these books in pdf (or txt) version and they are impossible to get here already (very old editions, never released again).Glad you like it Petra! :)

What's your job McAvellin? Are you a bookbinder? I don't think an average person can do that too. How long did you spend on one edition?You may think I'm nosy but I intend to have your work as a news on our German fansite. This is just amazing and shouldn't be hidden to the rest of the world :-D

Thank you Cassandra, I am so happy to show them to someone :)Petra, I am a graphic designer (my original "job" was supposed to be a packaging designer, that is what I went to school for, but since I finished school I work in a local design company as a designer, but I do not only work on a computer, we also practicaly do our job, like carwrapping, billboards and stuff like that), so I have to have some manual skills :D This is my first time trying the bookbinding. I just bought a book about how to do it, read it all and then jumped into it :DI tend to be lazy, so I usually start something and never finish it :D But if I wanna do one book at once, I think it takes max. 2 days to completely make it (including sawing, binding, making a cover and painting the cover).If you really are that interested, I will borrow a camera from work on Friday and i will take a step-by-step pictures of how I am making one book from start to finish in higher quality pictures :) (I wanna do that anyway for myself, but as I said, I am a little slacky sometimes so now I will have a reason to do that for you) :)

McAvelin said:
Thank you Cassandra, I am so happy to show them to someone :)Petra, I am a graphic designer (my original "job" was supposed to be a packaging designer, that is what I went to school for, but since I finished school I work in a local design company as a designer, but I do not only work on a computer, we also practicaly do our job, like carwrapping, billboards and stuff like that), so I have to have some manual skills :D This is my first time trying the bookbinding. I just bought a book about how to do it, read it all and then jumped into it :DI tend to be lazy, so I usually start something and never finish it :D But if I wanna do one book at once, I think it takes max. 2 days to completely make it (including sawing, binding, making a cover and painting the cover).If you really are that interested, I will borrow a camera from work on Friday and i will take a step-by-step pictures of how I am making one book from start to finish in higher quality pictures :) (I wanna do that anyway for myself, but as I said, I am a little slacky sometimes so now I will have a reason to do that for you) :)
But this is absolutly awesome Mc Avelin!!!!!!!!Lots of congrats and hugs!
It's remarkable what you did coz totally not easy learning something by yourself. U would like to have this pictures in the DamNation group. Would you like to submit this stuff there? I'm sure that some witcher's lovers would be happy to see what you've done. Maybe some may ask commission to you ;)Anyway, if you agree in submit your pieces of art on DA, here's the link:http://witcher-damnation.deviantart.com/

Secondchildren: Thank you!!! :) I was not visiting this forum for quite a while (didnt like the new design and was kinda lost in it) :D so I have no idea what Witcher Damnation was! :) Thanks for a suggestion, I will definitely submit the photos there. I just borrowed a camera from work (it is already in my backpack so I will not forget to take it home) and during the weekend I will do all the work :)Petra: Yay, it looks so great, too bad I can't read german. :D I will do a step-by-step guide this weekend, maybe everyone will get interested and start making their own editions :DBut I am still not sure if it is legal... you know, copying someone elses property without permision... even I am not selling it, I only have it for my personal use, I am still a little worried if it's legal. Anyone knows? :D

I don't know it for sure, but i guess it's legal.If it's legal to write the whole book in a notebook and have it in your desk, then show us some photos from it, then why would this be illegal?

McAvelin said:
FINALLY!!!!
Seems like a decent piece of read! Who's this Sapkowski anyway??Jokes aside - I've just informed whole studio about your personal edition. All of us are simply impressed! Please send me your address via PM if you don't mind - we'd like to send you a little gift from Warsaw.As long as you do not sell it or make it available it's OK. Taking and sharing photos should be OK for you as long as you don't make the photo of each page ;-) You can attach an explainer about private usage to minimize a chance of people asking questions ;-)Bests!

alek said:
alek said:
finally!!!!
seems like a decent piece of read! Who's this sapkowski anyway??jokes aside - i've just informed whole studio about your personal edition. All of us are simply impressed! Please send me your address via pm if you don't mind - we'd like to send you a little gift from warsaw.as long as you do not sell it or make it available it's ok. Taking and sharing photos should be ok for you as long as you don't make the photo of each page ;-) you can attach an explainer about private usage to minimize a chance of people asking questions ;-)bests!
applause!!!!!!!!!

Alek said:
I've just informed whole studio about your personal edition. All of us are simply impressed! Please send me your address via PM if you don't mind - we'd like to send you a little gift from Warsaw.
CDPR noticed you. You are blessed!

Sorry all, a little time management fail, didn't have time to post a HQ stuff yet! Will do it this weekend, I promise :DYay, CDPR noticed me, I am so excited :D Thank you Alek_, I will PM you with my adress immediately :)Thank you all for your support, I am so happy I can show that to you and share it, because noone is really interested around me (except my mom, she loves the books, but do not care about the content) :D I will post the whole "story" on Sunday, I have to go to work on Saturday :(YAY AGAIN FOR CDPR! :D

Guest 2005166

Heya, amazing work indeed with those books. It's been years since I've prepared a book myself and I actually have still the material for some "home build(s)", but not the courage. With a witcherly greeting!http://unkreativ.deviantart.com/art/woops-172954143?q=&qo=(My usual boring backstory concerning the motif is in the gallery comment below.)

Top Bottom