fan made gwent game charging for packs SHUT IT DOWN

+
Sue them for every penny they are worth. Whoever created that pirate version of the game is nothing but a petty criminal.

Obviously this is out of line, but rather than a petty criminal, I have the idea that it's a young and enthusiastic fan. If it was really made with criminal intent, or even with intent to benefit from it, I think there are far easier ways to earn money, seeing how much work must have gone into it and how small the player-base most likely will be.

But yeah.. No doubt this will be shut down and I completely understand from CDPR perspective.

Obviously this is out of line, but rather than a petty criminal, I have the idea that it's a young and enthusiastic fan. If it was really made with criminal intent, or even with intent to benefit from it, I think there are far easier ways to earn money, seeing how much work must have gone into it and how small the player-base most likely will be.

But yeah.. No doubt this will be shut down and I completely understand from CDPR perspective.

I could understand that if they were putting it up for free, but they're trying to make money off of something that isn't theirs. They are stealing.

Cdpr can do whatever they want since it's their trademark .. but shutting it down isn't the only option.

Things can be settled peacefuly.

Last edited:
I reported so many Videos that used the Witcher music, and were taken down. Then "Mobile games" on Facebook that took screenshots from The Witcher 3 and now obviously, Gwent will get popular to copy,too.

Good that in this case it's VERY easy to see that it's a fake site and it doesn't try to pretend: "Hey we are CDPR". No logo, unprofessional layout. I went to "info" => "about game" and a wall of russian letters poped up, yep totaly looks like CDPR xD

I just hope it gets shut down asap, since it uses the original MUSIC and ARTWORK from cdpr, to make money :smile:

For the future: Is there a link to report such sites? When I reported things I found to youtube, I always tweeted to the compose or someone else on Twitter, but that seems so unprofessional and posting things like that here on the forum, also makes such sites more popular :-

Last edited:
I understand making a free "practice" arena. But charging for packs is over the line. Good find sir!

Even a free, practice arena is piracy. How would you feel if you spend your entire life developing an album, then I uploaded it for free before you even released it? Exact same situation. Free, pirated versions of the game subtract from C.D.P.R.'s revenues.

Last edited:
He's not using the domain anymore, but he's still operating. I doubt that I have any information that CD doesn't but they are more than welcomed to contact me.

I have 3 IP addresses that was linked with the domain, 2 are 100% linked to the project and still operating. With his self signed certificate we even have his email now. Also, as SkyHeadCaptain pointed out, the owner have a reddit post.

I agree....if folks are making $ of intellectual property without permission they should give me a cu..t........er....get shut down.

Top Bottom