Fan Music and Audio to old Witcher Promo Vid :D

+
Fan Music and Audio to old Witcher Promo Vid :D

Hello from Cape Town South Africa!

I'm part of a group of musicians and audio engineers called Atmosphere, and we've been trying to decided what to do as a promo for our first demo reel. As it happens we are huge Witcher fans, and somewhat inevitably ended up watching all the old trailers. The result is a Fan Soundtrack to one of the old Witcher 2 Special Edition promo videos to help us bide the time until Wild Hunt drops.

Things kinda got out of hand and we ended up using a live orchestra we started (The South African Film Orchestra) along with getting our international foley artist to weigh in. The results can be seen in the link below. We've also added a disclaimer to make sure people don't mistake this for the origional (which was incredibly well done).

https://vimeo.com/113008329

As a big fan of The Witcher series, Wild Hunt cannot come soon enough. CD Projekt RED, you guys are an extremely talented studio. We hope you enjoy our homage to the Witcher series through audio & music - we think it turned out pretty epic :)

Well done. Between many remakes of TW2 CGI sound design, yours is pretty remarkable, though I feel you could of give sound a bit more depth and make it a bit more heavier (like in the moment of fight between fist fighters). Aaaand magic need slightly more saturation when icy wave enveloped the fire barrier. :p Also would be cool to see the destruction scene without music to hear more clearly the ice cracking stuff, but oh well...

Anyway, don't listen to me ranting, everything is very cool. :)

"Keep doing what you doing if you doing it with soul." As I'm usually saying to myself and what I'm going to tell you now, guys. :p

Well done. Between many remakes of TW2 CGI sound design, yours is pretty remarkable, though I feel you could of give sound a bit more depth and make it a bit more heavier (like in the moment of fight between fist fighters). Aaaand magic need slightly more saturation when icy wave enveloped the fire barrier. :p Also would be cool to see the destruction scene without music to hear more clearly the ice cracking stuff, but oh well...

Anyway, don't listen to me ranting, everything is very cool. :)

"Keep doing what you doing if you doing it with soul." As I'm usually saying to myself and what I'm going to tell you now, guys. :p

Thanks for the good and critical feedback! Our music and audio was origionaly mixed for 5.1 surround sound, but we had to do a stereo bounce for vimeo. That might be why you're not getting the intended depth? And yes, we went to a lot of work doing the ice cracking, boat creaking foley etc. We ALMOST dropped the music completely during some of the initial destruction scenes. Maybe you're right ;)

---------- Updated at 09:09 PM ----------

Really nice :D

Awesome stuff, it's obvious that a lot of effort went into making this :hatsoff:

That's a very cool homage, great work, guys. ;)

Thanks Sephira, ReptilePZ and serxho92! Yes, we actually ended up putting way more time into it then we should have.

As a positive side note, whenever I show it to my friends and strangers alike they immediately say, "What game is that!? I want to play that!!". And then I can start bringing them up to speed with the past Witcher games and psych them up for Wild Hunt. I have quite a few converted fans already :D

---------- Updated at 09:22 PM ----------

A quick insight into the destruction noises for TemerianGirl:The shattering ice was done by breaking various shapes and sizes of bottles on concrete. All the broken glass was then dumped into a pit, and a long stick was used to "stir" around amongst the glass to get all the variation possible. The result is all the different types of breaks and background ice destruction.

Although now that I've said that, you'll probably only be able to hear bottles breaking in the background lol. But interesting how foley and sound design is done none the less.

---------- Updated at 09:24 PM ----------

Tomorrow I'll upload the destruction scene without music if people are interested :)

Top Bottom