Fan Project: Let's Open Night City

+
first thanks to all modders community , i use some Mod body 4K texture mod , UI mode , oe mod improvement clarity on game .

read a lot on this topic ..., ...
the idea its quite amazing , to resume make bigger the game but its a Over a big challenge .
My 2cts , what make feel immersive , good looking , its all details Dev team put on it
- AO
- probs
- texture
- Art design
- light
- sfx details

don't forget Cyberounk its a mostly story driven game ( even its seems short ) , all scene , main quest , side quest , there proper animation , and other stuff on narrative gameplay .

to unlock all those aera , the project need people on all those aspect ,
may be the project can reach a good state , but mostly all those aera just add , fedex quest , ( .. grab one object , loot , ... ) , all i means unlocking aera without a stoty line behind it'll become irrevant , aera need interst point , activity , gameplay mecanic .

first thanks to all modders community , i use some Mod body 4K texture mod , UI mode , oe mod improvement clarity on game .

read a lot on this topic ..., ...
the idea its quite amazing , to resume make bigger the game but its a Over a big challenge .
My 2cts , what make feel immersive , good looking , its all details Dev team put on it
- AO
- probs
- texture
- Art design
- light
- sfx details

don't forget Cyberounk its a mostly story driven game ( even its seems short ) , all scene , main quest , side quest , there proper animation , and other stuff on narrative gameplay .

to unlock all those aera , the project need people on all those aspect ,
may be the project can reach a good state , but mostly all those aera just add , fedex quest , ( .. grab one object , loot , ... ) , all i means unlocking aera without a stoty line behind it'll become irrevant , aera need interst point , activity , gameplay mecanic .
Opening new sites will allow modders to develop quests at those locations. They will be places that will not collide with any story missions or assignments. With Open Night City mod we make available to everyone the possibility of small stories, missions or interactions being carried out by other people.

Example: A small building in Japan Town can be opened by the modders in charge of space design and then others fill it with tiger claws and set up a small raid mission to get a legendary item that the enemies protect...

As I say, everything is ideas and can be interesting.

I think it's good that you help put your feet on the ground, there's nothing wrong, I appreciate it.

I think that creating large work teams will be too complex and as you say we have the example of Skyblivion, there is no need to repeat the mistake. Large modder teams can be a big mess.

But if we can work in small teams opening zones. For example one or several small teams that create content in Watson. I understand that it is not possible to work separately and then join the works, it would have to be done in the following way:

Team 1 Open Watson: A period of, for example, 1 month would be set to create content in X zones of the H10 building and each modder would have 1 week to deliver their creation work on a small zone, which would then be passed on to the next modder to work on the file next week. At the end of the month, the result would be tested and it could be uploaded to Nexus as Open Watson V.1. If there are more teams working on Open Watson you would have to create your own mod that that team would work on.

If it's possible to pack all the mods in a zone into one it would be great, but I think that's not possible if they refer to the same mod file.

There could be more modder teams opening other areas of the city and creating the mod Open Westbrook, Open Santo Domingo...

Anyone who wants to join a specific work team just has to enter the discord channel that we create for each area or sub-area of Night City (City Center, Santo Domingo, Watson...).

Starting the project allows us to know the inconveniences and the best way to work, what work times each modder of the team needs and how many people want to participate...

They are just ideas
Post automatically merged:

I am very happy to be able to talk to you about this idea, because all opinions are welcome and help to have a clear idea of the situation. @Krat0es, you're going to kill us with a heart attack, you know? The day you share that information will be as important as a Night City Wire!!! :sad::cry::giveup:

I use the official forum because I think it is a good way for the news to reach more interested people and that each one, within their time and enthusiasm in opening the city, contribute their grain of sand. @Krat0es is a very important person here without a doubt. Without his explanation it wouldn't be possible. We look forward to your next news. His explanation on the wolvenkit wiki on how to edit was very easy for me and I shared it here with you.
Guide is up.

:sad: :giveup:
Damn, you're wonderful @Krat0es. I'm going to start investigating now. There is a city waiting for us. What you do has great value, I hope many chooms want to join something as fun as opening new places and knowing how far we can go. You are all invited to participate, for Night City!!!! Legends are born here!!!

@Krat0es
FIRST MISSION :coolstory:

My first mission is to remove the locked doors and replace them with interactive doors that can be opened and closed.

The work area will be the doors near V's apartment. In the
Wolvenkit Wiki we have the help:

interior_-22_19_1_1

I open Wolvenkit, I create a new project and with images I explain what I do thanks to the
Krat0es tutorial

1:cool:

I look for the sector and since I know what it is, I charge it directly to the project (if I were not sure, then I would open it to investigate it)

View attachment 11325539

2:cool:

Once added to the project I open it

View attachment 11325542

3 :cool:

To see the sector I click the preview button:

View attachment 11325545

Moving in the 3d image is hell, but I'll give you some help: Keyboard buttons: w: go ahead S: back To the left D: right Q: up Z: down With the mouse we move faster and with the wheel too.

4:cool:

Once I'm in the corridor of V's apartment, I have to deactivate the packages that make up the sector to find the door in the back, which is the one I want to eliminate. It's after the trolley_b_001 package. Inside door_single_sliding_g is package number 10 with name "instance_09". We already have located the door

View attachment 11325554

5:cool:

All this we have done is to investigate which is the package that we want to modify. Now we click on the "wolrdStreamingSector" button and we click on nodeData since the door that we are going to eliminate will be inside there

View attachment 11325557

6:cool:

It was file number 10 after trolley_b_01. Select the file, click the right mouse button and delete it.

View attachment 11325560

7:cool:

We save the work and package it as Redmod

View attachment 11325563

8:cool:

We open the .zip of the mod that we have created and drag its files to the root folder of Cyberpunk 2077. We start the game and check that the door has indeed disappeared.

View attachment 11325536

@Krat0es I ask you

The first big question:

Now there is no door but if I try to access I can't. How is access to that area enabled?

Second big question:

Before removing the door in nodeData I can see its exact location with X,Y,Z coordinates. Will I need them to put in place an interactive door that opens and closes? It will be the next step in learning.....

Third big question:

How do you put an interactive door that opens and closes? In a few days I will ask you new questions, thank you for being passionate and taking a few minutes to answer me.

I am sure that we will help more and more people to have an interest in modifying Night City :sleep:

SECOND MISSION :coolstory:

Following @Kratoes tutorial, here are the steps to add content to Night City permanently by creating a mod:

1 :cool:

It is important to use the AMM mod since it allows us to know the name of some of the objects that we see on the screen. Also to see objects that may interest us and load them on the screen.

1.jpg

Now we pay attention to the tool that allows us to load on the screen and export the objects for our mod.
Object Spawner mod
It is important to configure the Object Spawner mod. We go to "Settings" and enable the export.

2.jpg

3:cool:
It's time to find the object we want to add and see on the screen. We go to Spawn New and look for door_mega And we see two search results. I have selected the second type of door.

3.jpg

The item is loaded and added to the game.

Now we go to the "Spawned" section and create a group, add our object to the group and place it in the right place.

The object that we load appears in the place where we are, so we must be in the desired place before loading it on the screen.

We have the coordinates X (to move it left and right), Y (to move it forward and backward), and Z (to move it up and down). Also important is the "Yaw" to rotate the object.

One piece of advice: Save the coordinates of the door you delete because they are useful for the door you create, even if you have to tweak the position a little later.

Once placed in the correct place, we save both the file and the group so that the work is not lost and we export.

4.jpg

Now we go to the "export" folder that is inside the Object Spawner mod folder: bin/x64/plugins/cyber_engine_tweaks/mods/entSpawner/ We will see that a .json file has been generated. Time to load it into your mod. You open Wolvenkit, open the sector of your project where your new object is going to be, go to nodeData and add the object (I have added it in the same place where the one I deleted was), right click on a file together to which you want the one you are going to add to be and choose import from Json (no cords update) and look for your .json file and load it

5.jpg

The file is uploaded successfully. If it's doors or loot, @Krat0es advises a name in "Questprefabhash". We save, create our mod and install it.

6.1.jpg

We enter the game and we already have our mod with the interactive door working.

7.jpg

8.jpg

If the objects have collision we must add collision. If behind a door where we want to create a new space there is a collision that prevents entry, we will have to eliminate it. In my example the initial decorative door also had a frame that I also removed before adding the new interactive door.

Now we must learn to remove and put collisions. And then learn to put walls, floor and ceiling on which to build new spaces.

Soon new news on OPEN NIGHT CITY WIRE!!!

:coolstory:

Last edited:
:sad: :giveup:
Damn, you're wonderful @Krat0es. I'm going to start investigating now. There is a city waiting for us. What you do has great value, I hope many chooms want to join something as fun as opening new places and knowing how far we can go. You are all invited to participate, for Night City!!!! Legends are born here!!!

SECOND MISSION :coolstory:

Following @Kratoes tutorial, here are the steps to add content to Night City permanently by creating a mod:

1 :cool:

It is important to use the AMM mod since it allows us to know the name of some of the objects that we see on the screen. Also to see objects that may interest us and load them on the screen.

View attachment 11326229

Now we pay attention to the tool that allows us to load on the screen and export the objects for our mod.
Object Spawner mod
It is important to configure the Object Spawner mod. We go to "Settings" and enable the export.

View attachment 11326232

3:cool:
It's time to find the object we want to add and see on the screen. We go to Spawn New and look for door_mega And we see two search results. I have selected the second type of door.

View attachment 11326235

The item is loaded and added to the game.

Now we go to the "Spawned" section and create a group, add our object to the group and place it in the right place.

The object that we load appears in the place where we are, so we must be in the desired place before loading it on the screen.

We have the coordinates X (to move it left and right), Y (to move it forward and backward), and Z (to move it up and down). Also important is the "Yaw" to rotate the object.

One piece of advice: Save the coordinates of the door you delete because they are useful for the door you create, even if you have to tweak the position a little later.

Once placed in the correct place, we save both the file and the group so that the work is not lost and we export.

View attachment 11326256

Now we go to the "export" folder that is inside the Object Spawner mod folder: bin/x64/plugins/cyber_engine_tweaks/mods/entSpawner/ We will see that a .json file has been generated. Time to load it into your mod. You open Wolvenkit, open the sector of your project where your new object is going to be, go to nodeData and add the object (I have added it in the same place where the one I deleted was), right click on a file together to which you want the one you are going to add to be and choose import from Json (no cords update) and look for your .json file and load it

View attachment 11326250

The file is uploaded successfully. If it's doors or loot, @Krat0es advises a name in "Questprefabhash". We save, create our mod and install it.

View attachment 11326286

We enter the game and we already have our mod with the interactive door working.

View attachment 11326259

View attachment 11326262

If the objects have collision we must add collision. If behind a door where we want to create a new space there is a collision that prevents entry, we will have to eliminate it. In my example the initial decorative door also had a frame that I also removed before adding the new interactive door.

Now we must learn to remove and put collisions. And then learn to put walls, floor and ceiling on which to build new spaces.

Soon new news on OPEN NIGHT CITY WIRE!!!

:coolstory:
Hi @Rascott

I wanted to jump into the modding of new places when found an incredibly atmosferic hidden location in the NC and got upset finding a locked door there. I thought "there must be something behind it, I would love to inspect such a place deeper". And I found this thread which gives me a hope.

As things get easier probably it's time to think about documenting your in-game findings (I said yours because I have done nothing yet for this topic) in a kind of a library/wiki with screens+names+description of items/objects for a fast search and, idk, maybe with ready-to-use custom assets/objects. We can go really far with the proper tools. Ofc it would be really nice to have an editor allowing us placing object from a library with just a mouse move but who knows… =) I think I'll try your aforementioned method soon (ofc I understand it's Kratos method, but you summarised it here=) ).

Imagine people putting some locations into separate mods and then others forking that work and improving/using it for other mods. Players can go ahead and install the ones they like without sacrificing performance. Looks like the wish comes true.

Last edited:
Hi @Rascott

I wanted to jump into the modding of new places when found an incredibly atmosferic hidden location in the NC and got upset finding a locked door there. I thought "there must be something behind it, I would love to inspect such a place deeper". And I found this thread which gives me a hope.

As things get easier probably it's time to think about documenting your in-game findings (I said yours because I have done nothing yet for this topic) in a kind of a library/wiki with screens+names+description of items/objects for a fast search and, idk, maybe with ready-to-use custom assets/objects. We can go really far with the proper tools. Ofc it would be really nice to have an editor allowing us placing object from a library with jast a mouse move but know knows… =) I think I'll try your aforementioned method soon.

Imagine people putting some locations into separate mods and then others forking that work and improving/using it for other mods. Players can go ahead and install the ones they like without sacrificing performance. Looks like the wish comes true.
@Krat0es is the person who has given the information that I explain in the forum, he is a modder who has fun and shares his knowledge, which makes it even bigger!!!

Here are some links for you to be interested in. The Wolvenkit Wiki where @Krat0es further explains about editing the map:

Join the Cyberpunk 2077 Modding Community discord channel where you can learn a lot and leave your doubts. It is a very fun place with great talent.

I'm more and more sure that Cyberpunk 2077 will be the next Skyrim. More and more interesting mods are being made and the community is very active creating and modifying them. There are Skyrim modders who are already modding Cyberpunk 2077.

You are absolutely right, if Yigsoft makes Wolvenkit even friendlier, Night City is going to be a real REVOLUTION.

I am passionate about Cyberpunk 2077 but with very little free time from work and family, but I have no doubt that wonderful things will happen that will make Cyberpunk 2077 a great timeless classic.

The hurdle now trying to be solved is how to remove and put collisions and how to create new rooms where there is nothing.

The modders have already discovered and @Krat0es has explained about editing and adding new objects to the map, but it is still extremely complex for a normal user to design in Night City.

I'm glad you like it, research and share your discoveries for all the chooms in the world.

Last edited:
I'm glad you like it, research and share your discoveries for all the chooms in the world.
@Rascott So, a day of tries and I could remove a door and collision behind it. Ha!
20221027224553_1 — копия.jpg

The hurdle now trying to be solved is how to remove and put collisions and how to create new rooms where there is nothing.
Indeed it's really hard to work with collisions. I spent 2 hours to find the right nodeData for the required collision because when you find it in the Sector Preview it has only non-unic sectorHash in the name and the number of actors. And when you look for it in nodeData there is nothing to link the ones you found in the Sector Preview with the ones you see in nodeData. If you are lucky like me you will have a unic number of actors, that's how I could find the right nodeData (numActors property is present in Nodes).
2022-10-27 22_58_12-Window.png
2022-10-27 23_02_05-Window.png

NOTE: it's an array and starts from 0, so don't forget to +1 to the last element/actor when counting them.

Moreover, my door was just one of 24 actors of the collisionNode and I didn't find a way to remove only one actor rather than an entire collisionNode. It would be great to cut things precisely without unneccessary harm for the interior.

Unfortunately, there is no specific room in Cyberpunk 2077 Modding Comunity discord to discuss such issues =(
So, next open questions are:
  • How to cut only actors/parts of collisions.
  • How to re-shape existing collisions.
    UPD: WorldStreamingSector/nodeData/Node/compiledData/Actors/CollisionActor/Shapes here are Size,Position, Rotation, Materials.
    So, probably it's the place to play with the collision shapes.
    2022-10-28 00_20_55-Window.png
BTW, god save me from opening exteriors, had to purchase another 16GB RAM hope 32GB will be enough:cry:

Last edited:
@Rascott So, a day of tries and I could remove a door and collision behind it. Ha!

Indeed it's really hard to work with collisions. I spent 2 hours to find the right nodeData for the required collision because when you find it in the Sector Preview it has only non-unic sectorHash in the name and the number of actors. And when you look for it in nodeData there is nothing to link the ones you found in the Sector Preview with the ones you see in nodeData. If you are lucky like me you will have a unic number of actors, that's how I could find the right nodeData (numActors property is present in Nodes).
View attachment 11326694View attachment 11326697
NOTE: it's an array and starts from 0, so don't forget to +1 to the last element/actor when counting them.

Moreover, my door was just one of 24 actors of the collisionNode and I didn't find a way to remove only one actor rather than an entire collisionNode. It would be great to cut things precisely without unneccessary harm for the interior.

Unfortunately, there is no specific room in Cyberpunk 2077 Modding Comunity discord to discuss such issues =(
    UPD: WorldStreamingSector/nodeData/Node/compiledData/Actors/CollisionActor/Shapes here are Size,Position, Rotation, Materials.
BTW, god save me from opening exteriors, had to purchase another 16GB RAM hope 32GB will be enough:cry:
Someone from CDPR explaining how to remove collisions or modify existing collisions would be great. :coolstory:

I deleted all the files inside nodeData, nodeRefs and those inside node with the word collision and the collision still existed :shrug:. Deleting other files within node gave me an error when starting the game.

It is possible that the collision is in a different file and we are not in the right place.

A file referring to map collisions other than the one that saves the map layout.

It is also possible that the Node section has the answer.

We will continue to investigate.:cool:

Last edited:
Someone from CDPR explaining how to remove collisions or modify existing collisions would be great. :coolstory:

I deleted all the files inside nodeData, nodeRefs and those inside node with the word collision and the collision still existed :shrug:. Deleting other files within node gave me an error when starting the game.

It is possible that the collision is in a different file and we are not in the right place.

A file referring to map collisions other than the one that saves the map layout.

It is also possible that the Node section has the answer.

We will continue to investigate.:cool:
CDPR cant help you lol anyway im gonna stop answering questions here because i dont have time for them

View attachment 11326694View attachment 11326697

editing collisions is doable only through hex editing currently.

Last edited:
CDPR cant help you lol anyway im gonna stop answering questions here because i dont have time for them

editing collisions is doable only through hex editing currently.
Don't worry, you have given a great contribution to the community with the 2 information published in the wolvenkit wiki.

Very grateful that you have shed light on some doubts. It is clear that we have to wait for news from the wolvenkit tool for collision issues....

Thank you @Krat0es again for your answers. :cool:

The idea is interesting, but without a decent level editor, material editor, this task is like a dream.
I myself work in the game industry as an environment designer and level designer, and if I had such clumsy solutions I would have quit already)))
If the developers provided the intstrumentation like "Creation Kit Skyrim", "Exodus SDK", "Divinity Engine 2"... Even CodeWalker for GTA V has a lot more necessary functionality than WolvenKit and a bunch of add-ons in the game.
We need to ask developers to give the right toolset and then you can build an adequate pipeline for creating new locations and new missions. Given that the game's engine is custom, it's relatively short to redesign the functionality for a full-fledged game editor.
If the developers don't care about the community, you can find a c++ programmer with development experience and make a full-fledged editor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom