Fancy a bite then, choomba? Eats in 2077.

+
Fancy a bite then, choomba? Eats in 2077.

It can be argued that the diversity and cosmopolitan allure of a city is measured by the variety of their eateries. Restaraunts, food carts, local spots, and the like.

While eateries add colour and flavor (no pun intended) to an area, it doesn't really translate across in a video game, outside of a thin "health recovery" mechanic. I like the setup of "Leon: the Professional" in going to the restaraunt to meet his contact / get his jobs, but I can't think of a good context or reason to include eateries, outside of the aforementioned "health recovery" mechanic.

What say you, Community? Should eateries be included, and if so, how should the player interact with 'em?

I just wanna eat some noodles at a bar. With chopsticks and drink the many alcoholic beverages outlined in the Night City Sourcebook.

SMASH Six pack Baby!!!!

I wanna get smashed watching the Night city Razer ball team demolish in Neo Sports gear with fat belly and industrial pop corn.

Well, as a meeting place (like for job contacts and such) would be a usable place for them. Also, beyond just the health restore, what about a simple time based buff mechanic as in Persona 2?
(for those unfamiliar with said game, there were restaurants you could go to, spend a small amount of cash, and receive a small bonus to strength, vitality, or another base stat, and said buff would last for roughly 30 minutes real time. There was not a drawback to not eating, other then not having the buff.
The only other idea that quickly comes to mind is some sort of minigame setup, but im sure there are other uses as well.

Also, beyond just the health restore, what about a simple time based buff mechanic as in Persona 2?
(for those unfamiliar with said game, there were restaurants you could go to, spend a small amount of cash, and receive a small bonus to strength, vitality, or another base stat, and said buff would last for roughly 30 minutes real time. There was not a drawback to not eating, other then not having the buff.

Reminds me of the food stands in Sleeping Dogs. Food there gave you things like damage reduction, increased damage output, etc. I just hope if CDPR goes that route, the guys behind the counter won't be so annoyingly aggressive.

"A MAN WHO NEVER EATS PORK BUNS IS NEVER A WHOLE MAN!"

I know I'm repeating myself a little, but...
View attachment 811

View attachment 812

Attachments

• Futufroot.jpg
    Futufroot.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 47
  • CocalfolCocoloco.jpg
    CocalfolCocoloco.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 49
If we are realistic, the "eats" in 2077 are going to be part insect, and largely vegetarian. Seafood won't be on the menu, obviously; we've fucked up the seas already, they will be a cesspit in 2077. Insect protein is the way of the future, as bovine and swine protein will either have to be "rethunk" as time goes on and the population grows, or we'll end up living on Venus.

Then there's of course manufactured protein. Here, have a taste of this cockroach pie, or would you rather want this lab-grown steak?

i want some nice restaurants :)

for example:

Wing Chang
Chinese cuisine served elegantly. This exclusive restaurant is known for it's culinary expertise and use of only the best ingredients. The Kung Pau chicken is not to be missed.

La Baguette
If you like to taste new thrills, this is the cafe to visit. French Nouvelle at it's finest, served in a charming atmosphere. One of the more popular dishes is the Poulle Almondine served over Pomme a l'orange.

Hari Kiri
Night City's most popular sushi bar. A popular lunch spot for corporate executives. Authentically presented saki.

Top Bottom