Fantastic armor and characters concept arts

+
Fantastic armor and characters concept arts

Peease do not merge with armor thread

In recent eurogamer article there are tons of concept arts and unrelesed material

those aremors are gold compared to ingame just look at them

rest here http://www.eurogamer.pl/articles/2015-08-20-grafiki-koncepcyjne-z-wiedzmina-3

article also mentions
- frozen Novigrad as main plot event
- being one of wild hunt rider
- additional skelige islands and being imprisoned by yenefer
- abbility to choose region to start game
- vats system

Last edited:
While I actually like most of the armors already in the game. I would love an armor with a cloak or cape like in some of those concepts. Since they have very good clothing physics in this game, I would love to see it. Always wanted a game where the hero has a real cape or cloak that flows with the wind.

Too bad the only amazing looking armor is the armor u start the game with
this makes me miss the witcher 2 and it's fantastic looking amorS

i just ask why , why!!!! are not some of this armors on the final game instead of those uglies gambesons

plz put the images on spoilers

Last edited:
Ciri had some great (and some strange) concepts... And no high heels. And were they actually going for an "ugly" looking Ciri early on? I don't remember if she's supposed to be very beautiful or not (I must read all the books again, i keep forgetting things), i saw some discussions on reddit regarding this and opinions differed vastly. I wonder what was the reason for changing and adding some things to her visual.

I really like a lot of these Ciri concepts. A lot more than the one we actually have (which i dislike and love in many ways). Same goes for Geralt armors. (I think they should have stayed closer to W2 armors, to me they looked so badass)
But then again i think this happens to almost any game which has Concept Arts revealed.

Capes. More capes. Epic capes blowing in the wind during a torrential down pour while sprinting through the woods. Cape's fluttering behind Geralt's back while riding Roach at full speed. Cape's that get drenched in the rain and might even move around differently while completely soaked. That's my wish.

Ciri had some great (and some strange) concepts... And no high heels. And were they actually going for an "ugly" looking Ciri early on? I don't remember if she's supposed to be very beautiful or not (I must read all the books again, i keep forgetting things), i saw some discussions on reddit regarding this and opinions differed vastly. I wonder what was the reason for changing and adding some things to her visual.

I really like a lot of these Ciri concepts. A lot more than the one we actually have (which i dislike and love in many ways). Same goes for Geralt armors. (I think they should have stayed closer to W2 armors, to me they looked so badass)
But then again i think this happens to almost any game which has Concept Arts revealed.

do you remember Galahad encountered Ciri in "Lady of the Lake" and how he describe her ?

The fairy came splashing out of the water, presenting the knight for a moment all her

glory pleasant to the eye.

The longer he studied her, the more she lost her magical aura and became more humane

and ordinary – almost mundane. He knew, however, that such was not the case, it could not
be. A plain, ordinary girl would never have been met alone at the foot of Y Wyddfa, on the

edge of Cwm Pwcca, bathing naked in a mountain lake and washing a blood-stained shirt. No

matter how the girl looked, in no case could she be an earthly creature. Despite knowing this,

Galahad could look calmly and without superstitious fear at her mouse coloured hair, which

to his amazement now that it was dry, was traversed by shiny streaks of grey. He could now

look at her slender hands, her little nose, her pale lips her male clothing with a strange cut,

made with an extremely delicate fabric. And her sword, with its strange design and

ornaments, but did not seem like an ornament for parades. And her bare feet, covered with

the dry sand of the beach...

Galahad : It’s because you are so beautiful.’

I love the Heavy Armour concepts....too bad they didnt do it....
Also Frozen Novigrad.....that sounds like it would have been stage one or stage two after Khaer Morhen(you know where the game warns you to save your progress)....meaning they probably cut a whole Act of the story in between....so sad :(

Yeah i remember from when TW3 plot stuff was leaked that the Wild Hunt was supposed to attack Novigrad + ability to choose region to start game and vats system was mentioned by devs on many occasions.

What a shame.

And yeah the armors in TW3 were dissappointing, only a few good loking, good thing DLC armor looked good.

Yeah i remember from when TW3 plot stuff was leaked that the Wild Hunt was supposed to attack Novigrad + ability to choose region to start game and vats system was mentioned by devs on many occasions.

What a shame.

And yeah the armors in TW3 were dissappointing, only a few good loking, good thing DLC armor looked good.

Fortunately they didn't made a VATS system.
It susks as hell in Fallout, and it would have been shit in The Witcher 3.
Even choosing a region where to start sounds really stupid, I'm glad they changed that.

---------- Updated at 08:40 AM ----------

Is it just me or does both Ciri and Yen look better and more realistic like that?

Just you.

Fortunately they didn't made a VATS system.
It susks as hell in Fallout, and it would have been shit in The Witcher 3.
Even choosing a region where to start sounds really stupid, I'm glad they changed that.

---------- Updated at 08:40 AM ----------

Just you.

Dude. You're the first person in this thread since I asked the question. Im sure everybody is super-happy with you answering for them.

Tastes, I guess, because for me the starting armor is one the ugliest armor in the game.

What's ur favorite armor then?
theres a reason there's mods that switch the griffin gear out with the starting gear, and there's a reason why that armor is on the cover and in the trailers, it feels like other than cat school, bear school, DLC sets, and the starting armor. Every armor makes geralt look fat(griffen), look silly like a jesters costume(spikeroog aketon), or make no sense for him to wear!(nilfgaardian plate) I love plate armor, I think it looks awesome and when I first played the witcher I was mad about the absent of plate. Until I realized a witcher would never wear that shit, plate doesn't do shit against fiends or wraiths and slows u down. Especially nilfgaard plate, in skelliga they would attack on sight. And that frilly collar is a deal breaker! Lol

i just hate that such amazing looking concepts were turned down for armors like the mag deira curiass that makes geralt look like a pot bellied pig.

Top Bottom