Far Cry 4

+
So who else has beaten the game yet? What choices did you make, even though they don't matter?

Sided with Amita until the final choice and went with Sabal

Let Amita live

Let Pagan Min live

Killed the shit out of Sabal

So, I finished it. Some impressions below (no real spoilers):

1. What I did like:
- Elephants are the best thing ever;
- I enjoyed the grappling hook. Get swingin’!
- The world is vast, vast, VAST, and packed to the brim with stuff to do. The letters you read in various locations tell a lot of interesting stories;
- Shooting while driving or flying a buzzer, getting takedowns on drivers. In general, I didn’t like driving in FC3, enjoyed it in 4. Vehicles definitely handle better, even those 4-whellers motorcycle thingies.
- New weapons are fun to use and sometimes hilariously OP. The downside, you get some of them way too early - the .87, for example, you get after finding 5 diaries (that’s like, the first hour of the game), and that thing is just stupid. The Buzzsaw, the AMR you get quite late, and that’s imo, how it should be. In FC3 you could get nice weapons, but the truly powerful toys didn’t start making appearance until the midgame.
The game is really pretty. Like really. I loved the high mountains missions, just breathtaking.
- Longin and Hurk were, basically, the only characters I liked. Mr. Chiffon was kinda entertaining too.
- The song playing during the last mission. It’s no “Make It Bun Dem” (nothing is), but it’s clause.
2. What I didn’t like:
- Ajay - the weakest link of the game no question, because of his utter lack of anything even approaching a personality, and unclear motives for his actions. Basically, he had no reason at all to be doing the stuff he was doing in game, and THAT BUGGED ME. Why did he keep coming to Yogi and Reggie???? Who the hell knows.
- Willis. He was one of my favorite characters in 3, and it irked me that they basically turned him into an irredemable douchenozzle (and not even a fun one).
- Rabi Ray Rana. God, how I loathed that prick. I avoided vehicles as much as I could just to spare my ears from being forcibly raped by his yammering.
- Unskippable cutscenes AGAIN. Really?
- Ugly-ass save system again, only it’s even uglier now because you get one save slot instead of 3.
- Shangri La missions - they were pretty but super linear (basically, an anthitesis to the main game’s sandbox principles), and got boring fast. Though I did kind of like Kalinag.
- Not that I disliked the free play coop, but I kinda missed the mini-campaign from FC3. It was insanely fun, imo.
Generally, I loved the gameplay, was seriously let down with the writing. Yeah, yeah, the gameplay is paramount, but even compared to FC3 uneven quality, writing in FC4 was a step down. As a result, I spent some 60 hours faffing around in the mountains doing all sorts of important stuff like searching for ‘gators (only ever found one in the entire game) and trying to make a tiger fight a bear to see who wins (the tiger won), but rushed through the story missions. I don't think I'll be replaying it, at least not from start to finish.

So who else has beaten the game yet? What choices did you make, even though they don't matter?

Sided with Amita until the final choice and went with Sabal

Let Amita live

Let Pagan Min live

Killed the shit out of Sabal

I went with Sabal throughout because Amita was effin terrible. I did't kill her tho. Let Pagan live the first time, but after he got into the chopper, well... I had the buzzsaw with me, so trololo.

Didin't change anything after the ending, because it's pointless.

What kind of upsets me, is that there seems to be no option to leave Kyrat. If I was Ajay, after throwing mom in the ashtray, I woudnt want to spend another second here.

@mitasova: Funny you should mention a single alligator as that was all I found too. Scared the right shit out of me as well.

Came right up on a enemy and I blew it to kingdom come. Think it was around a marshy delta on the shore of the lake with the unimportant temple.

@gab96

Yeah you can go to the temple for a final cutscene that rolls and you can walk away or kill him and his loyalists. Game makes no acknowledgement of it however. Guessing the same goes for Amita should you side with her.

Last edited:
Yeah you can go to the temple for a final cutscene that rolls and you can walk away or kill him and his loyalists. Game makes no acknowledgement of it however. Guessing the same goes for Amita should you side with her.

The game acknowledges it indirectly. In a conversation with Pagan, he tells that he leaves Kyrat to me, and it seems I am ready to hand it over to someone else. But this can be corrected, and after killing one, I have only a half-way to go, not to put ideas in my head.
It is good enough for me. First I actually saw what Sabal wanted to do with my country, and I really did not like it. So I wasted him. Now I am a king, in exchange for a helicopter. The old man Pagan can go in peace and live the rest of his life on a resort somewhere, getting jacuzzi, foot massage, and all. Who said there was no good ending? :)

Last edited:

The way they did him is a lot like Handsome Jack except much better. Jack had his moments but he called a lot more dulling his character.

Top Bottom