Far Cry 4

+
Got it free with my Geforce 970 so I may as well play it on release and see for myself how buggy it is or isn't. If it is buggy, I'll leave it alone until we get some update that patches it. Shame this is even a thing, I was hoping to really enjoy the visuals on this with this new graphics card.

Got it free with my Geforce 970 so I may as well play it on release and see for myself how buggy it is or isn't. If it is buggy, I'll leave it alone until we get some update that patches it. Shame this is even a thing, I was hoping to really enjoy the visuals on this with this new graphics card.

Yeah I'm starting to wonder if my old AMD HD 6950 will be enough.

Yeah I'm starting to wonder if my old AMD HD 6950 will be enough.

Heh, I don't know jack about stuff like that, so I wouldn't be able to tell you unfortunately :lol: As far as how well it'll perform goes. Graphics honestly seem pretty much the same as they did in Farcry 3 and that's not next gen.

It looked a lot better in the snow part of the game and the dream parts or whatever that is. But the parts I saw with Angry Joe and Boogie looked the same. Which is fine, since it looked pretty dang good before, but from my amateur noob opinion, lol, it seems like you should be able to at least get decent visuals if you could run Farcry 3.

Heh, I don't know jack about stuff like that, so I wouldn't be able to tell you unfortunately :lol: As far as how well it'll perform goes. Graphics honestly seem pretty much the same as they did in Farcry 3 and that's not next gen.

It looked a lot better in the snow part of the game and the dream parts or whatever that is. But the parts I saw with Angry Joe and Boogie looked the same. Which is fine, since it looked pretty dang good before, but from my amateur noob opinion, lol, it seems like you should be able to at least get decent visuals if you could run Farcry 3.

Yeah I could run Far Cry 3 at near-max settings, so hopefully I'll be able to run this one on High.

Yea, there's one good thing coming out of this being cross gen I suppose, even if it does annoy me. But then, Dragon Age Inquisition is also cross gen and still looks a lot better than last gen games. Just not as good as I bet it could look unfortunately.

At least we won't have this issue with WITCHER 3!!! February get over here already!!!

Late to the party and this is an old post, but whatever.

I agree with this but at least the other guy doesn't look nearly as lame and douchy as Jason. Jason was such a tool, and looked nothing like he did on the case.

Imo of course, but Jason was one of the best videogame protags of the last gen. At least in FPSs. I doubt I would've loved the game as much as I did if not for Jason (almost 300 hours logged on steam).

Btw., all reports indicate that the PC port is very solid, running well. Seems like I'll be able to run it on near-max settings no problem (gtx 780 ti).

Imo of course, but Jason was one of the best videogame protags of the last gen. At least in FPSs. I doubt I would've loved the game as much as I did if not for Jason (almost 300 hours logged on steam).

Btw., all reports indicate that the PC port is very solid, running well. Seems like I'll be able to run it on near-max settings no problem (gtx 780 ti).

Oh I liked him just fine (though I wouldn't call him one of the best. Maybe for FPS games) I just meant his looks. Dat douchebag haircut, yo:

Looks better here though:

But the first is the actual game image.

Anyway, I hope these reports are right, or I'll be a sad panda. I saw a lot of the visual fuckups for PC on Assassins Creed Unity from Tumblr. Lots of people going "Hurr durr, karma for PC elitists." Glad I don't care about AC anymore though. Ever since Connor.

Didn't like Far Cry 3 plot so much, as well as characters, but the game was fun to play, I liked missions and secondary tasks, so I hope it will be the same with FC4, (maybe with a better plot).

Oh, I wasn't looking to start an argument. I'm fond of Brody; the scorn he generally gets on the internet is, imo, unfounded and baffling. Yeah, the haircut was terribad, intentionally so. Anyway, far as I can tell, the new protag has nothing to complain about in the hair department.

Kyrat: Land of deep spiritual traditions and fabulous hair.

Nothing to complain about Ajay hair, or his goatee. But the bad guys seems to have a lot in common with Vaas, except kindness.

Yeah, it does seem like they tried to make a slightly more fabulous Vaas with the main villain guy. Or maybe not, i guess we'll see.

Any reviews in yet?

There is one from Gamereactor altough its in swedish :/
They gave it 9/10 everything seems to be an improvement from Far Cry 3 apart from the story that is a bit lackluster.
I like the reviewer and trust him on this
Seems like a solid game in pretty much all departments and tbh it would be disastrous for Ubisoft if it wasnt ^^

I'm probably one of the few who didn't play this for story, lol. There's very few FPS games out there I actually play for story. I was surprised that Farcry 3 made me care about it as much as it did, but it's not really a requirement. More like a pleasant surprise when it's better than average. As long as it's not on par with COD, I'll be happy. An excuse to shoot natives while riding elephants and exploring is all I need from this really.

Who plays Far Cry for the story? I mean a nice story is certainly a bonus, and FC3's story was nice and well acted. What really matters tho, is blowing shit up while stabbing alligators to death and shooting bears in the face.

Going by the reviews, FC4 is basically FC3 with slightly upgraded graphics and a few minor gameplay additions, that's fine by me. I loved FC3 so much that I'm 100% okay with just more of the same.

As someone who absolutely loved Far Cry 2, I play it for the sandbox gameplay it offers. Story? It's Far Cry! Though to be fair the first game had it's moderate bit of story.

Car Fry 3 wasn't up my alley until I installed Ziggy's mod. The characters were okayish, the writing was horrible and I wasn't too fond of the missions also QTEs. Everything I loved about Car Fry 3 is when gameplay emerged from dynamic things or encounters where I could do stuff in multiple ways - outposts for example.

This video is everything that I love about Far Cry (no real spoilers):

Not really a good idea to dropkick a tiger, ever.

Last edited:
Top Bottom