Farewell friends...(spoiler alerts)

+
I think this has to be one of the more heartbreaking moments in the game. I think the did a great job hitting our emotions whether it be Jackie's death or Sauls, Rogues....or the sad moments where are loved one leaves us over the decisions we made in the end. So much sincerities amazing writing in my opinion, which moment struck you
photomode_25022021_151848.png
hardest?
photomode_25022021_151836.png

Ironically I thought this scene was the perfect example of the horrible management and direction that the game received, and that it was only head canon that kept it going.

I mean you met scorpion for a total of maybe a minute or two tops? Then you go off, cause his death, rescue Mitch and leave him behind, to go off for revenge. Then for some strange reason this guy you rescued, who you knew for maybe 3 minutes tops, asks you to go with him to a funeral for a guy you don't know, but leave behind Pan Am, who knew the guy her entire life and would have been better going, and you tagging along with her.

It's the same thing with Jackie's death, you barely know Jackie have any real face time with him, before he dies, but you're supposed to care. They cut so much from the game it was hard to get emotionally invested in the characters, but you could see that the writers intended the game to be bigger but a lot was cut. You spend almost as much time or more with River and Kerry then you do with Jackie and Scorpion.

Cutting all this stuff limited the emotional impact of scenes like this, and it was only head canon and the knowledge in the back of your head that you were supposed to care, that even made scenes like this in any realm potent.

Top Bottom