Farewell mill (rip?)

+
Farewell mill (rip?)

Magne division. Changed. Completely. Now it cant draw cards. Instead, its another alchemy or spell trash.
Which, I conclude, leads to the death of Mill.
Sure, you can still use Avalach, then Emhyr on him, but since Cahir nerf you cant re-use him 3rd time. No magnes in 3rd round.
So mill is dead.

Any thoughts??

My favorite deck is, or should I say, WAS Voorhis reveal/mill, I liked it very much, created every premium card, and now its all pile of trash. Thank you very much.

​​​​​Mill was annoying. If you cant kill Avalach, or you dont have Nenneke or Assire, and they have good draw, they win. But still, spelltael or countless weather spam, was much much worse for me. Mill, at least, was not auto-pilot deck. Netdeck it, and you still may not execute it perfectly. Plus you need good draw. Its much easier to just spam weather weather weather or beer beer beer. That's why we encounter mill very rarely. Weak archetype. Now just dead archetype.

I know is off topic,dont want to start new one,just downloaded ptr and made new deck ,first opponent NG reveal ,omg so you download ptr and play old cards what is wrong with people lol

Celestes666;n10032731 said:
Sure, you can still use Avalach, then Emhyr on him, but since Cahir nerf you cant re-use him 3rd time.

Sorry, but Emhyr cannot bounce Avallac'h anymore, because demoting is gone from both Dim.shackles and Dim.bomb.

Feel free to choose another, less annoying-to-play deck, so that it won't be removed in the next update.

The death of Mill is the only thing I can be truly estatic about, regarding the PTR.

As far as I am informed, this unfortunetly won't be true.

As Mill is insignificant threat and with new thinning cards, more and more decks will thin to zero, and then Avllac'h, Shilard, Stregobor, Albrich, Sweers (didn't see if those two are changed) Summoning Circle and Decoy, no to mention Assire abuse on them will constitute a great Mill deck.

SrdjanB;n10034141 said:
As Mill is insignificant threat and with new thinning cards, more and more decks will thin to zero, and then Avllac'h, Shilard, Stregobor, Albrich, Sweers (didn't see if those two are changed) Summoning Circle and Decoy, no to mention Assire abuse on them will constitute a great Mill deck.

The key was Magne division in the last round. Shilard, Stregobor, Sweers and Summoning Circle are all unreliable tools. So you cannot make a true mill deck. However, if decks really thin themselves, Avallac'h + Renew is already enough to significantly disrupt the opponent. But like I said, that isn't true mill.

Are we talking about milling cards or the mulligan system (in game)
ps
I hardly ever lost against the reveal avvallach deck haha One of the only few I am happy to see draw my cards. Pleaase, continue to draw my cards :)

marina22;n10033761 said:
I know is off topic,dont want to start new one,just downloaded ptr and made new deck ,first opponent NG reveal ,omg so you download ptr and play old cards what is wrong with people lol

playing old decks (cards) in PTR is something good :| because you can see if these decks (cards) still works or not

gards;n10034461 said:
Are we talking about milling cards or the mulligan system (in game)
ps
I hardly ever lost against the reveal avvallach deck haha One of the only few I am happy to see draw my cards. Pleaase, continue to draw my cards :)

Emhyr + Avallach combo and Magne Division are gone. So mill is dead. The only good thing about the patch.

I like mill decks in other TCG's, had purposely picked certain legendaries over other legendaries incase I could one day open up to this archetype and if that is the case then I must be the only one dissapointed, never got to play the archetype but will have all the negatives of choosing cards like stefan over meno coehorn. I hope that nilfgard can soon make better use of these cards because its not like they're trash but I don't have meno coehorn, I don't have geralt igni, nor leo bonheart, and I feel like these are must have value cards and no substantial play out of these set-up cards really justifies using them right now, and especially with muzzle in contention with the mix of usual legendaries, heavy combo decks are a must for this archetype, that and changing demeritium bomb? where are these changes posted?

Well, it was hinted that Mill would no longer be a problem after the Midwinter update, so I'm not surprised about this.

I don't have any particular feelings about the archetype myself; never played it and only remember facing it maybe twice in total.

The death of Mill is the only thing I can be truly estatic about, regarding the PTR.

I mean, a lot of it is not that great, but I have to admit Blood Moon and Full Moon have won me over :) NG alchemy and NR Cursed are pretty good decks to play as well :)

But yeah, RIP Mill. I'd personally throw a party for the death of that stupid deck :p It felt like it played on a minor discrepancy in the Magne division's description and ability for too long. I couldn't wrap my head around the possibility that it might not be an accidentally created deck that suddenly became popular due to miscalculations and irregularities in the game xD

I don't like facing the deck, but I admit I made one and felt like playing it sometimes. The problem was that the AI decks were so crap and random with one-offs that it wasn't fun. Plus they always milled themselves with Avallach as well. Online I assume most won't GG if they face mill, and for good reason. But indeed, with Magne out of the way, why even make one?

Top Bottom