Farewell Philippa. We love you.

+
Laveley;n6974780 said:
They still green because probly was used on hawker support, and hawker support gets buffed because promote is a spell too.

Trust me, i know what i'm talking about, d-bomb wont bring back those 100 strength golden infantry to 3 strength. You will see it with your own bare eyes when you try it.

Hawker support gets buffed before turning golden (just like how it gets buffed before the D-bomb takes effect) Anyways, I do see your point and I seriously hope you're wrong about this, otherwise, we'll just see even more Adrenaline Rush + Promote strats coming up.

schidzo;n6974980 said:
Hawker support gets buffed before turning golden (just like how it gets buffed before the D-bomb takes effect) Anyways, I do see your point and I seriously hope you're wrong about this, otherwise, we'll just see even more Adrenaline Rush + Promote strats coming up.

Hawker support was totally bugged, for some cards it took its effect first, for others later.

Yeah, i will just chill on forum with a cup of coffe waiting all those rage topics about d-bomb dont countering the combo like "it should", it will render some good laughs.

Lets keep things constructive please.

What would you prefer to see?

Since this was the number 2 change requested by the community, we've taken some action on it.

Ok, let's assume the average advantage given us by a golden card as 12. For taking that advantage of Phillipa your opponent has to have 36+X non-golden strength on a row, where X is the number of non-golden Cards on the row. Pretty hard to use for a golden legendary, huh?

My suggestion is to give Phillipa more strength, but let it affect golden cards.

Last edited:
Laveley;n6974570 said:
Yeah, and kambi is total useless and nobody uses it. Just like phillipa will be after the overnerf :D
lol at kambi being useless. it's the most effective board wipe when you're completely behind, and since you know you have it and the opponent doesn't, you obviously play accordingly. Throwing Kambi against a NR player on the first turn after he startted putting his combo in place? Throwing Kambi against a muster monster player who already started buffing breeding his units like crazy and about to buff them ? Just play gold, special and silver spies during the ticking. Kambi is used to reverse a situation completely, he's simply harder to use than Philippa (which is a good thing, because he is a gale changer). The reason he's not used is because he's legendary and not as easy to use as some other cards.

Also Morkvarg is pretty much Immune to Kambi, too.

Although I would say she should affect gold cards at least a bit (after all it's Philippa...), let's just test it after the patch is out :). It's going to be interesting to see how she does in comparison to Igni. But I'm sure it's still going to hurt a lot whenever she shows up.

Rethas;n6974770 said:

Since this was the number 2 change requested by the community, we've taken some action on it.

As I think someone above mentioned 2 of the 3 philippa changes would have been enough, but all 3 are too much. if she's a 12 that doesn't affect gold, add loyal back so you have the option of playing her on your side, or remove affecting gold and disloyal, but keep her at only 6.

the way she is now she'd only be beneficial against a crazy buffed, unpromoted row or maybe a breeder deck with tons of units in one row, but her usefulness is too niche now so I for one will probably replace her with Dimeritium bomb

Zefyris;n6975420 said:
lol at kambi being useless.

You joking right? Kambi is hands down one of the worst gold legendaries. He doesnt just wipe the board, he wipes and than gives your opponent a 12 gold card. He just works in very niche decks with very specific combos.

I have 75 hours of playing this game, you know how many times i saw kambi being used? None. Thats how good he is.

Rethas;n6974770 said:

As I mentioned before in other thread you could just move her from NR to neutral .
So everyone could use her to counter NR cheap tricks with promote AND all NR players would feel super uneasy in any non-mirror match. Phil is counterable. I've won more then a few times against a phil-holder without using one myself.

Last edited:
Rethas;n6974770 said:

Like others I think you pushed nerf too far. I think adding 4 power and not being able to play on your side could be enough to keep her strong, as should gold legendary be, but not OP. With this nerf she is in most cases worse than silver Aeromancy.

Zefyris;n6975420 said:
lol at kambi being useless. it's the most effective board wipe when you're completely behind, and since you know you have it and the opponent doesn't, you obviously play accordingly. Throwing Kambi against a NR player on the first turn after he startted putting his combo in place? Throwing Kambi against a muster monster player who already started buffing breeding his units like crazy and about to buff them ? Just play gold, special and silver spies during the ticking. Kambi is used to reverse a situation completely, he's simply harder to use than Philippa (which is a good thing, because he is a gale changer). The reason he's not used is because he's legendary and not as easy to use as some other cards.

Also Morkvarg is pretty much Immune to Kambi, too.

I have more than 100 hours on Gwent and Kambi is probably the only card I never saw in play. I'm surprised that he does not see more play, if he is really solid, like you said.

Last edited:
We are in close beta, change will be made, in one way or another and it is nice. Will it be good change or bad change ? I don't know, but I can't wait to test them.

But honestly, when you know balancing is needed, why do you call out NERF ? It is only balancing. As she is, she is not useless, not at all.
She just become on par with a lot of other card.

Will she be less seen next week ? maybe
Is she less a win button and more situationnal ? surely

And to see what we will be able to do with her will be fun.

Maokiel;n6976120 said:
We are in close beta, change will be made, in one way or another and it is nice. Will it be good change or bad change ? I don't know, but I can't wait to test them.

But honestly, when you know balancing is needed, why do you call out NERF ? It is only balancing. As she is, she is not useless, not at all.
She just become on par with a lot of other card.

Will she be less seen next week ? maybe
Is she less a win button and more situationnal ? surely

And to see what we will be able to do with her will be fun.

You realize the OP was more satirical than a complaint right?^^
I 100% agree with you about the whole "beta so WIP" thing.

However

Most of the comments about whether or not the Philippa nerf (because that's what it is, it's not a scary word we can say it^^) is good or bad are also welcomed : )

Last edited:
Also what I don't like with current change is that we now lost best answer to rushed buffed promoted units. It was not fair that best answer to NR strategy was other NR card, but we at least had something. Now there is no answer. And if you think Dimeritium Bomb now works on promoted units, unfortunately basic power of unit is reset at current power in the moment unit is promoted (or depromoted). I was hopping they change that, I feel that my deck build around promoting buffed Roach / Olgierd is too overpowered, but it is not the case with current patch.

darklord23;n6976540 said:
Also what I don't like with current change is that we now lost best answer to rushed buffed promoted units. It was not fair that best answer to NR strategy was other NR card, but we at least had something. Now there is no answer. And if you think Dimeritium Bomb now works on promoted units, unfortunately basic power of unit is reset at current power in the moment unit is promoted (or depromoted). I was hopping they change that, I feel that my deck build around promoting buffed Roach / Olgierd is too overpowered, but it is not the case with current patch.
I have also deck based on buffing Olgierd and it is pretty easily countered. Indeed, it is very OP vs newbies but every more experienced player will get rid of it quite fast.

Hope she'll still be useful as a legendary Gold. If not she should be demoted to silver epic. For now i don't think she's worth 800 scraps anymore.

I was already worried this would happen. I suggest changing her back or make it a neutral card so it's fair for everyone.

DiscoJacen;n6973990 said:

The salty monster deck people cried enough to have you nerfed beyond useless.

You were the best.

The people who rightfully called out the card for being OP are not responsible for how far the Devs took it. My very first feedback on this card was that it shouldn't effect gold cards and that I was shocked that it did. IMO the devs really should have started there.

Top Bottom