Farseer Buff

+
Farseer Buff

It'll help to describe the scenario first.

I have Virhedd Dragoon and Farseer on the field and end the turn on an even score with the Farseer buff. My opponent passes, I pass, we draw.
Now what I feel should have happened is when I passed and thus ended my turn my Farseer should have buffed itself as I had buffed a card in hand with Dragoon.

I think it's just how end of turn effects and passing works at the moment but I feel it should be changed - let me know if there's any reasons it shouldn't (I can't think of one).

I can see why that might be frustrating, but the way I see it when both players pass it isn't the "end of turn", it's the "end of round". No effect that I am aware of takes place after both players pass (other than the silver SC ambush unit which technically triggers when your opponent passes). If for no other reason than the sake of consistency, I would prefer it stay that way.

Hi! This is my first post!

I love this game!

I am seeing this same issue. Is it true accross the board that "end of turn" effects are superceded by "end of round"?

Also, when you pass, since you pass and are foregoing your turn, why do effects that occur during a turn still trigger?

Thanks in advance!

Looking forward to responses!

-Adam

Ahoffsette;n9881471 said:
Also, when you pass, since you pass and are foregoing your turn, why do effects that occur during a turn still trigger?

Generally passive effects trigger at the start of your turn or end of your turn, what do you mean by "during a turn"?

Actually it makes sense.

Cambridge dictionary says the word "Turn" is "an opportunity or a duty to do something at a particular time or in a particular order, before or after other people"

So technically step by step:

1- Your opponent passes
2- You have an opportunity to do something (which means your turn)
3- You pass
4- Which means you GIVE UP the opportunity to do something
5- Hence your turn is considered NULL
6- Round ends

Rightful confusion here is that you have the opportunity to act hence that's enough for you to have a valid TURN and however it ends. It should be irrelevant if your opponent has the opportunity or not because you had it anyway. Having the opportunity itself should be enough to have consequences.

BUT

Pass means (according to Cambridge): "to choose not to play in a part of a game"

So when you pass, you are actually choosing to opt out of the opportunity to play(turn) hence it must not have any consequences.

Tl;dr: You are not ending the turn you are giving it up.

Last edited:
Exoclyps;n9777231 said:
If you pass, you don't play that turn, hence no "end of turn".

If this were true, then no abilities should trigger at the end of a passed turn. That's just not how it happens, though. Abilities only don't trigger on the turn the 2nd player passes, because he ends the round.

End of turn abilities should always trigger, IMO, too many inconsistencies otherwise (if, for consistency, you make it so the first player to pass also has no triggered abilities at the end of his turn, then you give the offensive player a way to negate some of his opponent's abilities that might trigger at the end of his turn, which shouldn't be a thing either, IMO).

Top Bottom